Asking For A Last Round Of Opinions Before Decinding What To Do.

Jikslee2.0

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO you have zero hair loss and should consider some treatment for your mental health. I’ve suffered BDD / OCD with actual hairloss too, you’re getting yourself wound up over a phantom.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be mean. This guy might really starts losing hair in the future. He has really poor cranofacial development. One day he might really need treatment. My advice is to post photos after a year or two and if there is thinning he will immediately need treatment.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^ Very poor craniofacial development? How so? You say everybody has that and post pictures of every face structure there is so I am really confused as to what that even means. And you can only judge somebodies face from pictures that are normal not where they are pushing there head back distorting their chin, or taken from weird angles, and up too close to the camera. Or if the lighting is not hitting correctly it will cast shadows. If pictures are not taken correctly it makes everybody look kind of weird.

I obviously already think I'm having a problem. But with regards to the face issue. I have my daddy's face and he died at 48 with a crazy thick NW2 to maybe 2.5 at most. And he apparently didn't have poor face structure as all the girls/women seemed to think he was apparently very attractive, if that's what it even means. Because seriously, based on the photos you post I don't what it means. Every face type has it.

But I have always not really liked the way I looked, generally speaking. So good to know I guess.

You have excessive vertical facial growth and flat(missing cheekbones) and narrow jawline. People with your cranofacial development usually go bald. So be careful!

Edit: And thin and flat nose as well.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont listen to the weirdo about face or head shapes. He’s clearly a crazy person. Makes no sense what he’s saying lmao and there is zero evidence of that, just something a crazy person pulled out of thin air. You have zero balding dude. Like none. stop checking and move on. Don’t take the finasteride you don’t need it.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The dude is stupid. He says I have flat, non existing cheekbones when my Cheekbones are an attribute of mine I get actually complimented on.

I do not have really poor craniofacial development and yet I'm still balding although it has gotten better with meds.

So don't listen to him. Your face is fine and you are not balding. You are doing better than almost everyone here.

Also you can see by my pictures how much lighting can affect things. Look at my nose for example. Looks like an elephant in one..

Attachments

• 20200817_191824.jpg
    20200817_191824.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 20200813_162116.jpg
    20200813_162116.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 144

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think youre balding at all. If you had this same hairline since your teens then you wont go bald in the future

And in some of the pictures you with the guitar, you kind of look like a middle aged woman... so no hair loss

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Niki99 Yeah, your face structure does not look weird or bad to me either. Yes the picture, angles, lighting, etc can make huge differences. I know this and even said it earlier. But dang this stuff can really get in your head. I was about to start posting regular pictures of me but then thought F that. Your hair doesn't look bad in those pictures either.
Yeah my hair has gotten better on meds and my hair type helps as well. But recession is still there. You can see that in my threads.

I know that it can get in your head. For a time when I was a teenager I convinced myself as well that I was ugly just because I heard some incels on YouTube rambling and focusing on every little detail on a man's face and how everything has to be perfect or otherwise you will be forever alone. It's all BS of course. Just like Mitko. Everyone here things he is crazy so if he says something like that you really shouldn't listen. I know how fast you can develop BDD. My advise is to pull away from forums like these. At least take a break. That's what I do.
Every few weeks I take a week or so off because it's easy to indulge yourself in negativity. Forums like these are often toxic.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But what If this guy starts going bald in the future. His cranofacial development is a precursor of forward head posture and he probably has one. So he has to be careful.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^ Dude, your probably right. I probably do have bad face structure and am ugly. Please quit posting about my face & structure. I understand you probably mean no harm but I really don't need to hear how terrible my face is. I would be grateful if you stop. I do always try to stand and sit with good posture though.
Why are you listening to a crazy person? He’s clearly crazy!

vika

Reaction score
^ Well as I mentioned I do have depression, anxiety, obsessive thoughts, and realize I am a nobody. I have went in to details about this before here a couple times. It's been a deteroriation over 6 to 7 years. I had all that stuff before ever thinking about hair, the hair issue has only added to it and helped make it worse. I didn't want to make people read all of it again in this thread.

I don't think these pictures show things correctly. I could have swore when I was younger I could not see that freckle on my left side. So either, I lost hair, or never noticed it until I did, or it came out of nowhere. Which I know all 3 are possible. I do have a sun spot that I know I used to not have and it just appeared one day. Anyways, I didn't take your comment or anybody's comment as mean. Even if people were, it's ok. Thank you for the reply.

Sadly, We are all nobodies in the end.
Going from your name i guess you are 27ish. My hairloss started around 23-24. I think many that experience hairloss, it starts some time in their 20s. Some even earlier, some later. That means theres a chance that it started for you too. It can also mean that your hairline is just changing a bit. It can do that when you get older. It dosent neccesarly mean you will loose it though.

Like others allready pointed out, you hair looks great and it seems unnecessary with any treatment, especially finasteride.

If i where you, i would just check it every 2-3 month or so. Check the edges, and check your front and back for thinning. With a bit a luck it will stay like it is now.
Besides that, dont think about it and It will certainly not help to obsess about it.

Regarding finasteride. If you go this route now or at some point later on, i think you should do this with a doctor. They can get you a prescription and also do a follow up on you. If do you get sides from finasteride, you will need help and advice from a doctor to change medication or dosage til you get it right.

Read the last part again and best of luck.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you listening to a crazy person? He’s clearly crazy!

Crazy? That's how this guy mikes looks in 10-15 years

real-struggles-only-guys-who-are-going-bald-will-understand-980x457-1461929522.jpg

Prince_William%2C_Duke_of_Cambridge.jpg

1284079.jpg

People with such cranofacial features - excessive vertical growth of the maxilla, aquiline nose, narrow jaw usually bald. I just advise him to observe the situation and nothing more.

And yes. The direction where your hair faces it impacts posture -

I am not even the one who discovered that

https://tmdocclusion.com/2018/07/14/more-on-hair-loss/

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have virtually 0 hair loss. This is absurd and I honestly can't understand why you'd bother with finasteride.

You're gonna feel pretty silly panicking like this when you're 40 and still have all your hair while half the guys around you have lost all theirs already.

I understand the depression, anxiety, low esteem aspects and how the prospect of losing your hair can make everything seem 100x worse, but you're simply not losing your hair. If I were you I'd cut it a bit shorter and start dissociating it from your identity as much as you do with your long hair. The shorter it is, the less you have to interact with it.

Also @Mitko1 the f*** is your deal

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey thank you for the reply. I am on day 4 of 0.25 of finasteride. I am considering stopping anyway though. Not sure yet. To be honest I'm taking everything in life a day at a time as much as possible. And you're right. I have thought about cutting it a good bit shorter, then shorter, because it has been sort of part of my identity. And yes it certainly makes all the other things worse to be losing or even think it. Like I said, if I could just go back a few years before this. I feel I could beat my other issues. I think that could be my mind tricking me though. And I can't imagine me at 40, let alone 30. I realize my youth has partly wasted, and continuing to waste. I know I need to at least try to do what I always wanted now, before it's all gone. I know my dad would be ashamed of the wasted 6 years.

And I know this sounds ridiculous but I actually posted a lot of normal pictures of me on reddit just to see the replies of my looks haha. One person told me he I had a good head shape, strong jaw, and good brow, etc. What the heck? So now I'm not sure if I have terrible face structure or not. Oh well, as far as that goes that it is what it is.

Thank you for the reply again.
You don't have terrible face structure. You're a normal guy with very good hair. But yeah do consider cutting it down to something more manageable, you'll look really decent with a tidier haircut.

Up to you regarding the finasteride, if you're not actively seeing someone already I wouldn't recommend it if confidence is already an issue for you. Much more susceptible to nocebo effects and performance anxiety.