Asking About The Oral Minoxidil ,is There Anyone Tried This

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why? It's not going to turn you into a werewolf, but my eyebrows increased in thickness and my facial hair is finally filling in. Increased hair on my hands, arms and legs. But nothing dramatic at all tbh

Facial and body hair just makes me feel icky... I have spent thousands on getting it permanently removed, but oral minoxidil might ruin that unfortunately :(

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Facial and body hair just makes me feel icky... I have spent thousands on getting it permanently removed, but oral minoxidil might ruin that unfortunately :(

Hmm, it probably will, won't be worth the gamble I figure. What's your regime atm?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, it probably will, won't be worth the gamble I figure. What's your regime atm?

I'm currently on 100MG spironolactone & 2MG of estradiol. I will be using dutasteride within the upcoming weeks, along with switching the spironolactone for 25MG of cyproterone acetate. I will eventually up my dose of estradiol to 2MG twice a day.

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what brand of minoxidil do you take? is it prescribed by your doctor?

I used to drink it straight from the dropper. Told my family doctor. After trying to get me off it he resigned and prescribed me loniten tabs so I wouldn't kill myself as fast ( his words). But really, the stuff in most brands is pretty harmless to drink in small dosages.

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm currently on 100MG spironolactone & 2MG of estradiol. I will be using dutasteride within the upcoming weeks, along with switching the spironolactone for 25MG of cyproterone acetate. I will eventually up my dose of estradiol to 2MG twice a day.

Damn. Going all out as well. What are your resuts on that regime?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn. Going all out as well. What are your resuts on that regime?

So far, I have only been on it for almost two weeks so I can’t say much yet besides softer skin and slower facial hair growth. I am experiencing side effects which I actually enjoy: no more morning wood or embarrassing public boners. At this point, I’m just waiting for the gynecomastia to summon.

I want to go on oral minoxidil, I just wish it didn’t grow hair everywhere... Having more facial hair
will make me severely depressed so it would be too risky to jump on the minoxidil train. :(

Michel Iorio

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

New member, longtime lurker.

Very similar to experience to Ikarus. Started using it 2 x 2.5 mg for about two months now. Very similar sided that subsided within two weeks and no water retention.

Have gone from NW3 to solid Norwood 1.5, used liquid min in the past with no results.

Hope this can helps others as I’ve seen many young men suffer from hairloss on this forum. This treatment works!

Oh and Dermapen is also contributing.

Michel Iorio

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

New member, longtime lurker.

Very similar to experience to Ikarus. Started using it 2 x 2.5 mg for about two months now. Very similar sided that subsided within two weeks and no water retention.

Have gone from NW3 to solid Norwood 1.5, used liquid min in the past with no results.

Hope this can helps others as I’ve seen many young men suffer from hairloss on this forum. This treatment works!

Oh and Dermapen is also contributing.

I meant to say DyingofTheLight, not Ikarus

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I meant to say DyingofTheLight, not Ikarus

Upload a pic mate, want to see your mane. Yeah this works wonders. It's not particularly safe though, so let's emphasize that as well for honesty's sake

What it did to the density of my hair is unbelievable. From diffused, thin, weak hair to a lion's mane. I can't tell you how satisfying it feels to go through my hair now, but your probably know

Michel Iorio

My Regimen
Reaction score
Upload a pic mate, want to see your mane. Yeah this works wonders. It's not particularly safe though, so let's emphasize that as well for honesty's sake

What it did to the density of my hair is unbelievable. From diffused, thin, weak hair to a lion's mane. I can't tell you how satisfying it feels to go through my hair now, but your probably know

Yes, I’ll try to take some later.

I had booked with Hasson and Wong, won’t be needing that anymore, saving me a crap ton of cash in the process.

I’m shocked it’s not a more widely discussed treatment option given how safe it is at low doses.

Michel Iorio

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I’ll try to take some later.

I had booked with Hasson and Wong, won’t be needing that anymore, saving me a crap ton of cash in the process.

I’m shocked it’s not a more widely discussed treatment option given how safe it is at low doses.

I was fearful initially but the key is low doses.

Michel Iorio

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where it can be dangerous is if someone sees this and says, oh he’s regrowing at 5mg let me do 20mg, it will grow back faster.

I’m also on Dutas and Dermapen which is contributing.

I’m 37 and growing back in areas that were balding for a long time, so it can’t be just the Oral minoxidil.

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where it can be dangerous is if someone sees this and says, oh he’s regrowing at 5mg let me do 20mg, it will grow back faster.

I’m 37 and growing back in areas that were balding for a long time, so it can’t be just the Oral minoxidil.

Maybe we're just hyper-responders tho. I'm not sure. I'm rolling as well + 5g MSM ( for faster hair growth and quality) And that combination is just incredible. I'm not even on Antiandrogens anymore. Maybe I'll add in like a low dose ru ( 25mg) just as an extra safety measure but I don't even think I need it at this point tbh

Michel Iorio

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe... but i used liquid min for 5 plus years in my 20s, even using 12.5 and 15 % formulas, never did anything for me.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I bet it is. Seen loads of success stories on oral minoxidil. It’s heavy stuff.

Most people won’t take it because of the possible sides though.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem I see with oral minoxidil is long term use. Will you use 10mg/day for 10, 15 years? I'm not sure about it. But on the other hand doses like 2.5-5mg/day are probably absorbed through the skin by just using topical ( especially if you're dermarolling ) and people are using topical for more than 20 years now, so I'm open minded about it....

Btw, where do you guys get Loniten? Is there any country in Europe you can get it in pharmacy without prescription?

Forum4um

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah man I'm on oral min only atm + some dermarolling. Dropped the finasteride. On 10+mg. Results are insane I must say. I'm growing back to a NW0.5 at this rate ( started at a NW2.5)
Were you previously on topical minoxidil? I’m gonna get oral and wondering if I’ll be starting all over once I pop the first pill or if it will jump right into where I’m at.