article on MSN about hair cloning

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, some other people posted that article. this could be good news, especially for those of us just starting to lose hair, and we could maintain with propecia for 5 or 6 years until this cloning thing becomes perfected. what do you think?

Thomas

Established Member
Reaction score
Trent8 said:
yeah, some other people posted that article. this could be good news, especially for those of us just starting to lose hair, and we could maintain with propecia for 5 or 6 years until this cloning thing becomes perfected. what do you think?

I'm putting my money of 11 years.. 2016

Dimebolt3000

Reaction score
hell yeah trent...i like ur outlook as i am in that situation right now. We do still have transplants to look forward to without scars(FUE) but cloning would RULE indefinitely.

KevinW

Established Member
Reaction score
If only we could have had federal funding for stem cell research...

I do have a great deal of hope for this--- but I'm sure in 1896 a magic elixir was only 3-4 years away. :p

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
i would not get your hopes up much about cloning. even if it comes a reality, i'm sure it will cost a king's ransom to have it done. just another thing that the rich can afford & the hell with everyone else.... :( i already have almost $20.000 dollars invested in my head with 5 transplant procedures under my belt.....

moegreen

Reaction score
saturnsc2 said:
i would not get your hopes up much about cloning. even if it comes a reality, i'm sure it will cost a king's ransom to have it done. just another thing that the rich can afford & the hell with everyone else.... :( i already have almost $20.000 dollars invested in my head with 5 transplant procedures under my belt.....

pics?

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
moegreen said:
saturnsc2 said:

pics?
see my "greg's story" thread in the "tell your story" column....

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL.... 12 years ago people we're as hopeful as we are today. Christ, progress has been pretty shitty when you consider there are 7 billion people on the planet.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
People from 2043 will be looking at our posts from 2016 and be saying the same thing.

Better gain some confidence in that time... I heard this magical confidence thing is the solution to all of life's problems.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do have a great deal of hope for this--- but I'm sure in 1896 a magic elixir was only 3-4 years away. :p
Don´t be so pessimistic, buddy. Today it is totally different than all the years before.

resu

Reaction score
Better gain some confidence in that time... I heard this magical confidence thing is the solution to all of life's problems.

By that time people will still be complaining why in 2040 we still don't have a pill that will reverse all of our hair loss and why we have to get 349 scalp injections and only get 40% of the original density back or the alternative of having to go to Japan and spend $14k and wait 3 years until the waiting list clears.

Still asking if Brotzu lotion has sides and if Fidia will finally release it while emailing them daily and getting the same generic response each time.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
some classic comments up there ! I would advice them to keep maintaining hairs for few more years.
Btw I wish ppl won't laugh at my comments about brotzu, histogen replicel and co in 10+years. This will be my everyday nightmare from now on

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know what the article said since it appears to have been long-since deleted.

I don't think that these people were irrational in their hopes, though. If Intercytex and Aderans kept refining their research and if the latter didn't essentially just give up, it could have very well happened.

The fact that hair follicles can be multiplied or created by wounding isn't new information (the first experiments in rats and observations in humans were done in the 60s and 70s), but no one has really taken a serious look at developing these findings into a practical solution.

Until now. Where Intercytex and Aderans failed, wealthy corporations have risen to the challenge and they are armed with better science and resources than what existed at the start of this decade.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know what the article said since it appears to have been long-since deleted.

I don't think that these people were irrational in their hopes, though. If Intercytex and Aderans kept refining their research and if the latter didn't essentially just give up, it could have very well happened.

The fact that hair follicles can be multiplied or created by wounding isn't new information (the first experiments in rats and observations in humans were done in the 60s and 70s), but no one has really taken a serious look at developing these findings into a practical solution.

Until now. Where Intercytex and Aderans failed, wealthy corporations have risen to the challenge and they are armed with better science and resources than what existed at the start of this decade.

Aderans never really failed though. Their results just weren't that great and the bosses decided to pull the plug on funding and sell wigs instead. If they continued on with trials, they could have had a commercially available treatment in 2015.