Are you thinking of wearing? This may help with some of your questions

shookwun

Reaction score
How come someone with millions cannot achieve a natural looking piece?

This is what pushes me away from possibly getting a piece in the feature. eventually I might have to go this route, but until then.

5jgQwJlD6N8l.jpg

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
How come someone with millions cannot achieve a natural looking piece?

This is what pushes me away from possibly getting a piece in the feature. eventually I might have to go this route, but until then.

5jgQwJlD6N8l.jpg

From what I have read you are supposed to cut that part out. Maybe he has a bad stylist or tried to do it himself, or he could have been rushed getting it on.

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not sure what the hell Johnny is doin' there.

All things considered, pieces just don't seem worth it to me...

shookwun

Reaction score
i think being able to see someone in person is what will cement my thoughts on whether I will get one in the future. Videos are great, and pictures are wonderful, but they don't paint an entire picture of what I'm looking for. Seeing someone in motion is what counts.

I need to see someone in person, and be able to get a feel for it. This would involve me running my hands through, and getting an idea of what to expect.

Pictures are fixed, and of course we are going to put are best efforts up fourth.

Noah

Reaction score
This is a sensitive subject which people usually like to keep private. You can't expect people you encounter anonymously on the Internet to be prepared to meet you and let you manhandle their hair replacements LOL. The places that sell hair systems often have salesmen who wear the product, and some also have a few customers who are willing to meet potential new purchasers and let them have a look at a real life unit. It is a good idea to take this option if you are seriously considering a system. Just make sure you go somewhere that is using the latest lightweight lace technology - there are still quite a few places selling old-fashioned rugs. Also avoid the 'Hair Club' style places which want to glue the unit on for a month at a time - they are obliged to use thick unnatural looking pieces, simply because a nice light natural system is delicate and would not stand up to being treated like that.

Wolves1234

Reaction score
Ideal base

Hey bro,, great insight with your knowledge. I am humbled. So here's my story I've been wearing a front partial piece now for little over a year. I started of with a lace piece, but unfortuwlly being a new user I struggled with it. It kept matting and knotted, so I was advised to have a full polly base system no lace. This system is more durable and hardly knots or matts, but the downside is that the hairline is very dectable and unnatural looking. Have you got any tips of what base is suitable and also how to stop lace base to knot. Many thanks :)

jay42

Reaction score
First time

Hey, first I wanted to say thanks for all of the info. I have a bit of a situation. I've been looking into getting my first hair system. Two years ago I went to Bosley to get info on a transplant, and I was told that I wasn't a good candidate so they referred me to their sister company Hair Club for men. I wasn't wanting to wear a system at the time and it was too expensive.
I started shaving my head for a while but didn't really like it (not really a good look for me) so I just been wearing hats. Last month I decided to just give it a try, I found a local salon that sold the system and went in for a free conseltation. I was told to come back in a month when my hair grew out more so they can match the hair color. Two weeks ago I went in and they matched everything and ordered me a Onrite Ortech Ovation. A week later it arrived and I went in to get it put on. It bubbled some in the middle so they said it now has to be a custom job and take 8 weeks. I get a call today and was told to come in to get my template and refund for deposit because their supplier no longer does custom jobs.
Im not sure where to go from here because he had no recommendations for me other than google. The other places I found locally don't seem any good and hair club too expensive. I have the template and I wrote down some stuff he noted like m/mesh middle, pu , lace front, 4ASH, light to medium hair. He was charging me $675 for the piece and $125 a month for haircut/wash/style. He said if I find a custom piece I can bring it to him and he will wash, install, cut and style for $350. I find this expensive but then again I don't know what these services usually cost.
Can anyone recommend a high quality supplier online or local? Any suggestions on finding a local stylist that knows how to cut and style systems? I was told the haircut is really important because it's what makes it look real and not like a piece which is why they were charging me so much but still it's pretty much a $350 haircut. What do salons usually charge for this service?

Noah

Reaction score
You're better off without this guy; that is shoddy behavior. I can't help you with a local address (although after LA Florida is surely the spiritual home of the male hairpiece, so there must be many), but there are several good on-line places, such as Toplace, NorthWest Lace, Coolpiece etc. where the price for a good quality lace piece is around the $250 mark. You should send in some hair samples from a few different places on your head, rather than relying on a color name.

The cost of a cut in seems to vary widely, but $350 is ludicrous by any standards. I would say $75 is reasonable and $150 is very expensive but not unheard-of. I pay about 85.

jay42

Reaction score
You're better off without this guy; that is shoddy behavior. I can't help you with a local address (although after LA Florida is surely the spiritual home of the male hairpiece, so there must be many), but there are several good on-line places, such as Toplace, NorthWest Lace, Coolpiece etc. where the price for a good quality lace piece is around the $250 mark. You should send in some hair samples from a few different places on your head, rather than relying on a color name.

The cost of a cut in seems to vary widely, but $350 is ludicrous by any standards. I would say $75 is reasonable and $150 is very expensive but not unheard-of. I pay about 85.

thanks for the info, I will check out the sites. I thought that price seemed high, I wouldn't mind $85 for a haircut if it's only a once a month thing. Yeah I would of thought I could find more local stuff but I mostly find wig places and no feedback or reviews on the other places I do find. The biggest thing here is the hair club or the salon I went to but that's mostly people with money. I'm a full time student right now and can't spend thousands on a club, plus from what I read it's a ripoff.

eaa88

Reaction score
New to all this, need help..

Hello

You seem very informed and I thought I could benefit from your help. I had been losing hair since I was 17 and I am 27 now. I have used lots of different products apart from finasteride and I do not intend to try that!

I used many different alternative supplements, different serums, shampoos, tablets, PRP etc but nothing really worked.

Only thing that really worked for my hair loss problem was minoxidil, i stopped losing hair immediately with it and felt really excited, however it turned out to be the only thing i am allergic to in the world!!

I now have little to none hair left on my crown area, really full strong hair on the back and very thin hair at the front.

I used hair fibres which i thought were really cool initially! They would completely conceal my hair loss, but then they can become a nightmare. I hated seeing them on my pillow, on my clothes when changing, on people i have close contact with.. I hated having to inhale small amounts of them over time as well. Also not very convenient for windy, rainy conditions or when you're out and about and need topping up etc

Long story short i stopped using the hair fibres a year ago and decided to get on with my looks and hate myself every time i look into the mirror.
I had planned hair transplant but i never really liked the results on anyone, do not find them natural and good-looking solutions.

Recently i came across hair replacement method online, it looks like a very cool option but it looks so very unprofessionally managed and there do not seem to be standard.

I found a couple of places offering this, but after having a look at this blog i really am not sure what do. Two major ones seemed to be MH2G and Total Cover Plus to me? Am I correct in assuming this?
MH2G seemed a bit dodgy after some forum discussions and lack of reviews on the web.
Total Cover Plus seems ok but not very sure if it is a good and natural solution..

Can somebody please help me with good places to go? And even just if it is worth going down this road at all.. Maybe hair replacement is not a good solution..?

Any help/ recommendation will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

jimmy84

Reaction score
great post

I'm a first time wearer, this pist was really interesting and helpful, cheers!!

Amadeus

Reaction score
Hmm there are many cons to hair systems. I am also very unsure on whether this could work ou for me :-|