Are we the reason why there's no cure ?

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
Once again, Fred calls it as it is.

I was just quoting my doctor with the vanity comment. But to some degree balding is normal. 20% begin hair loss in their 20's 30% in their 30's so on and so on.

I was never a one night stand kind of guy. I had a couple and felt like **** after. Disney like relationships are the best Fred. That's when you feel the full effects of love. And still get to **** your woman!

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
I was just quoting my doctor with the vanity comment. But to some degree balding is normal. 20% begin hair loss in their 20's

In other words, 80% of men keep their hair through their 20's & 70% of men through their 30's.

We are the odd ones out.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
In other words, 80% of men keep their hair through their 20's & 70% of men through their 30's.

We are the odd ones out.

True but those are big numbers... I didn't experience hair loss the same way Fred did. Where all of your hair is gone in your early 20's that sucks. I just have some thinning and I'm almost 30. I'm always in fear that's just all going to fall out at once, but it's just slowly saying goodbye.

I was at a brewery a month ago and half the people there were men balding in their 20's... Sometimes you got to realize that's just how some men are and accept it. Don't get me wrong, I will take propecia when I am able, and apply minoxidil and all of that good stuff. I have for over 9 years. I'm just taking a long hiatus from it. I certainly don't think we as bald men are the reason we don't have better treatments. I just think coming up with something that does what we want it to, at a cost we can afford, without any unwanted side effects or inconveniences doesn't seem like a very plausible thing at the moment. Be thankful that we have all of the options that we do:

2 FDA approved drugs. + dutasteride, and many drugs and treatments on the horizon. Plus we got awesome hair transplant surgeries these days that actually work and don't just look like crappy doll hair. It's kind of an exciting time for hair loss people if you are aware of it.

I have a couple friends that don't care about their balding. They just shaved/buzzed and moved on. Then I got some that were upset by it but rogaine wasn't working and they didn't want to mess with finasteride at the time because of prostate cancer risks (2008). The other friend didn't even know propecia existed.

In fact most people probably don't know finasteride exists. They probably think it is a scam just like any other hair loss product and just don't even heed attention.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
Why did you feel like crap? For me, it depends on the girl, sometimes I feel great afterwards, sometimes I don't.

Disney-like relationships don't happen in reality. Full effects of love? Define love.

Basically the happy oxytocin feeling. The feeling that you have a partner / bestfriend that you could possibly share a large part of your life with if not the rest of your life. Raise a family, etc.

Yes Disney relationships don't happen. Not without the bitterness, fighting, divorce etc. But if you are a good enough team you can stay "relatively" happy together your whole life.

I personally just need to feel connected to someone to have sex with them. Sex with girls I don't really know just wasn't my thing. ****buddies are ok.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
2 FDA approved drugs. + dutasteride, and many drugs and treatments on the horizon. Plus we got awesome hair transplant surgeries these days that actually work and don't just look like crappy doll hair.

I like your optimism but there's still no viable solutions for hair loss.

Drugs are a stone age treatment, not to mention, as soon as your body can't tolerate a 5AR inhibitor, it's game over.

Forget about hair transplant's without being on meds... and that's pretty much the end of the road for hair loss sufferers.

Very limited treatment options.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
I like your optimism but there's still no viable solutions for hair loss.

Drugs are a stone age treatment, not to mention, as soon as your body can't tolerate a 5AR inhibitor, it's game over.

Forget about hair transplant's without being on meds... and that's pretty much the end of the road for hair loss sufferers.

Very limited treatment options.

Fred doesn't take finasteride and had a hair transplant. Drugs are the only solution now and in the future. Whether something really better comes along is questionable. There is always going to be some sort of trade-off.

Generating your own hair follicles and having them implanted would be cool. I just don't see how that could possibly be to our advantage due to the high costs and possible long time something like that would take.

JZA70: Age/ Norwood/ Regimen?

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Fred doesn't take finasteride and had a hair transplant. Drugs are the only solution now and in the future. Whether something really better comes along is questionable. There is always going to be some sort of trade-off.

I knew you were going to come back at me with Fred's case. A NW7 could get a hair transplant too, I'm not saying it's impossible, but if you walked into a reputable
hair transplant surgeons office tomorrow and asked him to fill in your NW2 hairline without being on meds, he would likely send you out the door.

Your comment about drugs being the only solution in the future is pure speculation. Not going to get into that. No one knows what the future holds.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
I knew you were going to come back at me with Fred's case. A NW7 could get a hair transplant too, I'm not saying it's impossible, but if you walked into a reputable
hair transplant surgeons office tomorrow and asked him to fill in your NW2 hairline without being on meds, he would likely send you out the door.

Your comment about drugs being the only solution for the future is pure speculation. Not going to get into that. No one knows what the future holds.
read the rest of my prior post. there were some edits.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
In the end I suppose the average statistics recorded of men whom experience hair loss may be to our psychological (physical?) advantage. Fifty percent is awkward enough. To imagine coping in a "modern society' where hair loss effects only 1/100 of the male populace. Potentially true terror. Perhaps if an even greater percentage of men were to be bald a conscious and concerted paradigm might form to shift society and medical research to a new level of perception and/or a more convicted pursuit of treatment research. Okay I'm going to lay my opium pipe down now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes a commitment to team work is essential to the longevity of most, if not all healthy relationships. The narcotic buzz effect from the kind of love we are describing naturally wears off or at best loses it's euphoric potency. When a couple can mutually embrace or accept these changes as positive "growing pains", then they might begin to understand that something special may potentially develop from there kin spirited efforts.
Basically the happy oxytocin feeling. The feeling that you have a partner / bestfriend that you could possibly share a large part of your life with if not the rest of your life. Raise a family, etc.

Yes Disney relationships don't happen. Not without the bitterness, fighting, divorce etc. But if you are a good enough team you can stay "relatively" happy together your whole life.

I personally just need to feel connected to someone to have sex with them. Sex with girls I don't really know just wasn't my thing. ****buddies are ok.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
The narcotic buzz effect from the kind of love we are describing naturally wears off or at best loses it's euphoric potency.

Some people are addicted to the narcotic buzz. Some advice to people. Don't start dating a girl you intend to marry if she hasn't gone at least 6 months since her last relationship. If she is jumping from one man to the next she might be a new love buzz addict. Doesn't matter if she was with the previous man for 1 year 3 years or 6 years. If she isn't taking a break you've got someone that will inevitably leave you in the long run. Even if you marry her it is likely to end in divorce. Which could be true to say of any marriage really.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Well said Fred .I think it might serve the best interest of civilization if we were all to contemplate more seriously your important question Fred. Reckless abandonment may seem attractive at first sight, however historically when an unbridled behavior pattern surfaces in any society, there are usually perilous consequences to the stability of that society.
My town (Brussels) is the world capital of divorces. 80% of marriages end in divorce here.

People have sacrificed the family for the pursuit of fleeting personal hedonism. I wonder where it will lead us as a civilization.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
My town (Brussels) is the world capital of divorces. 80% of marriages end in divorce here.

People have sacrificed the family for the pursuit of fleeting personal hedonism. I wonder where it will lead us as a civilization.

Holy cow! 80%! Here in America its 30% for 1st time marriages. 50% for 2nd time marriages. Then it just increases more and more after that.

Honestly though humans aren't monogamous. Monogamy is something we impose upon ourselves because we think it is for the greater good. You're going to have chemical reactions and attractions with other people even while in a relationship. It is knowing these things and having the self control and motivation to not give in to the temptation of betrayal that prevents you from going astray.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

Damn. Are there statistics on who initiates the divorces, and why?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
That's a staggering divorce percentage for any country. The U.S. divorce rate shakily teetering on the 45% mark. I've heard even 50%, but either way there certainly is growing support to suggest that monogamy may become the 'abnorm' in most western cultures at least. Personally I feel that if one requires a wedding band and legal papers to demonstrate to their partner their loyalty, that pretty much says it all right there.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a staggering divorce percentage for any country. The U.S. divorce rate shakily teetering on the 45% mark. I've heard even 50%, but either way there certainly is growing support to suggest that monogamy may become the 'abnorm' in most western cultures at least. Personally I feel that if one requires a wedding band and legal papers to demonstrate to their partner their loyalty, that pretty much says it all right there.

I heard a few years ago that 50% of all marriages end in divorce within the first 2 years. I know some that failed much sooner than that. I wouldn't blame this on women though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quoting myself, seems like it would be a good idea.

http://www.ksfy.com/story/25667542/womens-hair-loss-seminar

We could easily use a story like that to start the campaign.

Here's the seminar page:

http://www.virghair.com/kayla/index.htm

The guys running it are scam artists... they've got LASER therapy as a treatment, lol.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I suppose we're all too blame. It's somewhat intriguing nevertheless how these daunting stats have not really slowed down the number of marriage certificates being drawn up regularly each year. At least here on the N. American east coast.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suppose we're all too blame. It's somewhat intriguing nevertheless how these daunting stats have not really slowed down the number of marriage certificates being drawn up regularly each year. At least here on the N. American east coast.

because every couple believes they're special and the ones who will "make it" (bunny quotes)

the faster everyone drops marriage and realizes its just not plausible in todays age the better off we will all be

- - - Updated - - -

Relationship worked in the past because women were dominated by men, they were obliged to stay in the relationship.

Take away that and this is what you get: 80% of divorces, fatherless children, broken men and women who will be "yougogirling" until they're in their 60's.

Whats that word you all love here PUAhate lol

HAHA AHA HA HAHAHA

Sadly no man should be worried about keeping the woman, let them go.
I turned into a big mushy ghay ONCE over a girl. Spent a month getting her back, being miserable. 2 weeks later I dumped her.

NEVER again, if she wants to go, go. Monogamy is a dead thought. Now its just how long you keep each other attention until something better comes along. All relationships should be open.

bald29

Established Member
Reaction score
Now its just how long you keep each other attention until something better comes along. All relationships should be open.

I wish you were wrong, but experience has shown me otherwise. I'm more of the romantic type, always trying to believe I'm with a Disney princess. But what can I say, I always end up disappointed.

I tried for a few years to 'adapt socially', and just have open relationships. But this is not me, and I really cannot do it. I guess I'm kind of doomed :p