Are side effects from finasteride REALLY that rare? Everyone seems to have them...

abcdefg

Reaction score
Most guys on it arent on forums. Truth. You cant get perfect stats in a tiny sample so real world it could be a little higher or lower either way. Its still been around so long now its hard to argue its not safe in most men.

John33

Reaction score
Side effectes of finasteride

I think finasteride side effects are very common . And I think that the clinical study was false . I know the several men who took finasteride and all have side effects.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
I keep hearing how "low" the percentage is for people to get side effects from finasteride, mostly from people just repeating what their doctors told them. Well, I am not sure where this comes from, because if it was really that rare of a risk you wouldn't see it happening over and over again, to virtually everyone who gets on finasteride, even more so for those who are on it for the long term. From everything that I have read, I'd wager there is a 95% chance you'll end up with some sexual side effects, be they minor or major. There are some friends who say that everyone they know is on finasteride say it affected their sex life.

Where are those people who haven't gotten sides? You see a couple of them once every blue moon, in a thread where everyone else admits they saw a decrease in libido or impotency. What is the deal with this constant lying that it's rare? As someone who wants to get on finasteride, I'm having a hard time taking these "99% chance you'll be fine" comments.

Been on finasteride since 5th December, 2014. So over a year and 3 months now. Besides liquid sperm at the beginning, I've had no side effects that I'm aware of.
95% chance of getting sexual side effects? ok m8
and its up to you if you want to take finasteride or not
but if you want to give up the chance of growing/maintaining your hair/slowing your hairloss down go ahead and not take finasteride

but don't come back here and start complaining that you're going bald

youngandshedding

Reaction score
Ive been on finasteride for 8 months now, rare morning woods but im still horny all the time and get strong erections. I also have regrown so much hair and no longer look balding which has brought up my confidence and stopped my depression. finasteride essentially changed my life for the better. Im also 21 so that may play a part.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finally felt sides. I think. No morning wood. Still can get it up fine. But libido is at 80%, aka not the raging 110% like I normally was.

Not sure if i like it or not.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finally felt sides. I think. No morning wood. Still can get it up fine. But libido is at 80%, aka not the raging 110% like I normally was.

Not sure if i like it or not.
I'm not even on finasteride and I only get morning wood when I haven't went to the restroom in a while. Do you guys just normally wake up with a raging boner?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not even on finasteride and I only get morning wood when I haven't went to the restroom in a while. Do you guys just normally wake up with a raging boner?

AFAIK, nocturnal erections happen during REM sleep more than when you wake up. I wasn't on finasteride the last 4 years, and I never got morning all too often, but I do get stiff when I wake up needing to go drain the lizard. This was during my time on RU. I still get occasional morningwood while micro-dosing on finasteride once a week, but still regularly get it when needing to go to the bathroom as well.

AFAIK, a lot of things can screw up your libido, including bad sleep patterns, stress and depression. Considering I've got all three at play outside of DHT inhibitors, I think finasteride/RU is probably the least of my worries.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
AFAIK, nocturnal erections happen during REM sleep more than when you wake up. I wasn't on finasteride the last 4 years, and I never got morning all too often, but I do get stiff when I wake up needing to go drain the lizard. This was during my time on RU. I still get occasional morningwood while micro-dosing on finasteride once a week, but still regularly get it when needing to go to the bathroom as well.

AFAIK, a lot of things can screw up your libido, including bad sleep patterns, stress and depression. Considering I've got all three at play outside of DHT inhibitors, I think finasteride/RU is probably the least of my worries.
Have you tried the DKK-1 inhibition that was being discussed on BTT? Supposedly it can increase the efficacy of minoxidil/finasteride.

Dodgerz

Reaction score
The first month or so on finasteride I noticed a very slight pain in my chest. I've been on it now everyday for a little over 11 months and can say Thai have not experienced a single side since then. I have t even been on this forum in almost a year now.

Sweeping

Reaction score
I keep hearing how "low" the percentage is for people to get side effects from finasteride, mostly from people just repeating what their doctors told them. Well, I am not sure where this comes from, because if it was really that rare of a risk you wouldn't see it happening over and over again, to virtually everyone who gets on finasteride, even more so for those who are on it for the long term. From everything that I have read, I'd wager there is a 95% chance you'll end up with some sexual side effects, be they minor or major. There are some friends who say that everyone they know is on finasteride say it affected their sex life.

Where are those people who haven't gotten sides? You see a couple of them once every blue moon, in a thread where everyone else admits they saw a decrease in libido or impotency. What is the deal with this constant lying that it's rare? As someone who wants to get on finasteride, I'm having a hard time taking these "99% chance you'll be fine" comments.
Hey pussy, listen up. Go on success section. and go through all the success threads. There are thousands. These are only the people who decided to go on the Internet to share their success stories. Millions of others have had success with Propecia with minimal to no side effects. You made a thread about this before, don't make another thread. Either get on finasteride or go suck a dick.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey pussy, listen up. Go on success section. and go through all the success threads. There are thousands. These are only the people who decided to go on the Internet to share their success stories. Millions of others have had success with Propecia with minimal to no side effects. You made a thread about this before, don't make another thread. Either get on finasteride or go suck a dick.
Lol

Ebony

Reaction score

You preach that here are no side effects but you obvs have gyno phaggot