Are all Hair Systems easily detectable when touched?

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm one of the people who is deluding himself in that case :). Because my experience over a number of years (and a number of women) is that intimate partners will not necessarily "easily notice".

It is certainly true that there is more work involved in getting a system to be undetectable to feel. It has to be either lace or thinskin, with no thick poly horseshoes or other bumps in the base. It has to be a snug fit (harder now that custom units are so difficult to come by), and it has to be carefully and precisely attached, with no overlaps or gaps, and no loose edges. The hairline attachment probably has to be glue rather than tape. It probably also depends on where the back of your system ends and your biohair starts. If you are very bald, and your system comes well down the back of your head, I think that would be harder to disguise. Women tend to like rubbing their hands up the back of your neck, so they would likely bump into the edge. My back edge is around where my crown is, so that is less of a problem.

But subject to that last point, and provided you are willing to put the work in to get it perfect, you can make it functionally undetectable to intimate partners. I think there are a few guys on this forum who would agree, and seriously I don't think it's just self-delusion - you pretty much know when someone has spotted that you are wearing a system. Most people are just not that subtle or that good at acting.

I would agree with Cottonreville in this though: the girls I have told have invariably been fine with me wearing a system. Despite what you might glean from the media, it's not a deal-breaker for modern women.

Noah
Pretty much my experience with my thinskin piece. No one is rubbing through my hair but me right now (married but likely on verge of a divorce so she's not touching it but also why this thread is a good question for me) but what I've noticed is the first 2 weeks between appointments (I go to the salon once a month, I'm not a DYI-er at least not yet) I mostly can go through it with no problems but weeks 3 and 4 I can feel the edges of the poly and perhaps (I saw a post by you in another thread) bumps in the poly from sleep movement etc.

As for women, more and more nowadays even if not female pattern baldness they are doing hair extensions and even wigs sometimes. Now of course, they may think that's OK for them but not "manly" for their man to do but some do like the idea of their guy doing all they can to look good for her as she does for him. But (and I'm sorry to say this) it's more likely that middle aged women will be accepting than women in their 20s (since I believe the OP is in his 20s).

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. It's from a comedy sketch from Sunda Croonquist.

2. It's their idea that only their husbands can see their hair, and it's the ULTRA- Orthodox that do it, NOT mainstream.

3. Most of the Sheitels come from virgin, European hair.

4. "Temple" hair is what MOST of our hair systems are made from.
Fascinating. Not related to hair but we had a big scandal here with women taking ritual baths where a spy camera had been placed in a clock. I can't remember what happened to the Rabbi but the women were far more understanding than many of us shiksa fellow travelers would have been.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, this one was a real life drama:

I was talking about MY reference. LOL...

I guess that might have been a thing... it was 17 years ago... I was not in the hair business back then.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Tough situation because if you let a girl know too early you might mess up the date, but you do gotta let her know eventually.
If you let her know too late, you are guilty of being secretive, not trusting.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
This is one advantage of thicker or longer hair systems in my opinion - they are less likely to be detected, especially to touch because there is more hair to cover the edges, and more hair covering the base. For example, if I tie my hair back as opposed to letting it down, then edges kind of 'lock' the hair system in place, so the edges can't be seen or felt at all. As long as a thicker hair system doesn't LOOK ridiculously obvious, then there are many advantages to them I think. You can do more with them in terms of how you style them, and they also last longer because there's more hair in the system so even with some shedding it won't matter as much as it would with a thinner density system.
How do you tie the hair with a hair system? Really would like to know it. My hairdresser suggested it to me, but I've ruled that possibility out, because I thought it would do the opposite: pull on the whole edge and make it prone to lifting. Girlfriend also wanted to do it. Seems like you're on to something promising, though.
Could I see a picture of your hairstyle please?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Someone ruffled the back of my hair last night. I’m convinced they noticed nothing. I think a playful grab is going to be fine, but steer clear of head massages …
This is a moment when I got caught yes. Another massagist who is a good friend didn't notice though, I'm quite sure. You definitely have to tell them not to massage your head, if you're getting a massage. I've got no idea what a good excuse could be though. Please tell me!

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you tie the hair with a hair system? Really would like to know it.

Like you would with normal hair - you just use (non-damaging) hair bands such as these:

You have to have at least 6 to 8 inches hair length on a system to be able to tie the hair back, though, otherwise it won't really work. I just tie mine back in a simple pony tail before I go to bed and also while working, but the rest of the time I let my hair down.

My hairdresser suggested it to me, but I've ruled that possibility out, because I thought it would do the opposite: pull on the whole edge and make it prone to lifting. Girlfriend also wanted to do it.

I haven't experienced any negative effects from tying my hair back. It helps keep my hair in place better while sleeping, so I wake up with more manageable hair and no tangles.

Could I see a picture of your hairstyle please?

I'll send you a picture via PM as I don't want to share it on a public forum.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My UTS when bonded properly is not 'easily' detectable by touch on the edge or otherwise. The only place of concern is the hairline but again touching is not the problem, it's more about getting the perfect hairline undetectable by look, even when someone is 6 inches away from me.

eragon

My Regimen
Reaction score
My UTS when bonded properly is not 'easily' detectable by touch on the edge or otherwise. The only place of concern is the hairline but again touching is not the problem, it's more about getting the perfect hairline undetectable by look, even when someone is 6 inches away from me.
Is it possible to travel 1-2 months at a time with a hair system like this? Let's say you take two systems with you if one breaks :) Or is it too hard to install/clean UTS yourself?

Noah

Reaction score
That certainly is possible, but you need to know how to detach the system, clean it, and reattach it yourself. None of those things is particularly difficult, and they are even easier if you have two units that you can swap over. In my view every system wearer ideally ought to aim to become self-sufficient to that extent. It makes the whole experience of wearing a hairpiece so much more stress-free and independent.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible to travel 1-2 months at a time with a hair system like this? Let's say you take two systems with you if one breaks :) Or is it too hard to install/clean UTS yourself?
Yes it is very easy with a UTS. When you say travel, I assume you will be staying in hotels rather than camping or backpacking rough, i.e. you will have access to a bathroom and some privacy.

You don't need 2 systems for a short 1 or 2 month trip. Just learn how to de/re and have the right products (mainly glue)... and have a style where you don't expose the hairline. I don't even completely detach my system when I de/re; I just clean/glue the back half and then the front half. This saves a lot of time, not worrying about the system placement.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
That certainly is possible, but you need to know how to detach the system, clean it, and reattach it yourself. None of those things is particularly difficult, and they are even easier if you have two units that you can swap over. In my view every system wearer ideally ought to aim to become self-sufficient to that extent. It makes the whole experience of wearing a hairpiece so much more stress-free and independent.
Doing it all on a trip in an unknown hotel room would require a lot more skill I think. Would be nice to be that good, but I certainly wouldn't dare to go on such a trip :(. Maybe you will have a roommate?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Yes it is very easy with a UTS. When you say travel, I assume you will be staying in hotels rather than camping or backpacking rough, i.e. you will have access to a bathroom and some privacy.

You don't need 2 systems for a short 1 or 2 month trip. Just learn how to de/re and have the right products (mainly glue)... and have a style where you don't expose the hairline. I don't even completely detach my system when I de/re; I just clean/glue the back half and then the front half. This saves a lot of time, not worrying about the system placement.
This can only be done with tape, right?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This can only be done with tape, right?
No I have fully bonded UTS with liquid glue.

Don't worry so much. Prepare and make sure you have the right things (glue, additional small mirror, wipes, isopropyl alcohol etc) and enough time. And practice.