April Holds Promise: Sid Annual Meeting Samumed And Histogen To Present!

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If Histogen doesn't work, Samumed might be the only alternative new growth stimulant. Samumed hasn't provided outstanding results but I've for some reason had hope in them. What I'd appreciate is a revolving door of treatments over time, where Finasteride gets replaced by CB and Minoxidil gets replaced by Samumed. The reason I don't use Minoxidil is because of reports of aging. Since Samumed's mission is to reverse aging, I would find it extremely ironic if their new hair stimulant has as many side effects lol.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
histogen will present the same old data as always, together with their scammy before/after pics. it's all about attracting investors and raising money. people will soon realize that histogen is a complete fail anyway.

and samumed is just a dead end and was never a promising treatment in the first place.

so yes, april will bring exciting news =/

Do you not believe in histogen's hsc product, or is it more that you don't believe in the company, or its ability to raise funds? I know their history but I'm curious if your concern is the product, or those producing it?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you not believe in histogen's hsc product, or is it more that you don't believe in the company, or its ability to raise funds? I know their history but I'm curious if your concern is the product, or those producing it?

Because everything aside from my arbitrarily selected favourite developing product is a scam run by con artists who lie to the government. Haven't you heard?

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Histogen dissenters only expect that they advertise and publish results the way every other company does. I'm not counting on it but I'd shed a tear or two if it really is this amazing, first of its kind cure. I think Samumed will be useful for sure though.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
@jo you make some very good points however you are not completely accurate about prp. I know cause I tried it three times. Honestly,It helped. It was not as good as finasteride of course, not even close, but it helped. The thing is, in my case I would have to get injections every other month for it to be effective. Im poor so I decided to stop treatments and after a few months of not having injections, im going downhill fast. Prp is for the wealthy. Not me. Ill b buying a razor.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@jo you make too much sense but the only thing that Could maybe be said against you is the numbers. Even though they stand to make money from their partnerships in Mexico and China if they all sold it knowing it was a scam and hiding behind the "you weren't special enough" disclosure there still are the studies showing it is the best that's close to being available. I hope this works, even if you have to re-up Every so often, so that we can have something that helps regrow and not just make the process happen slower. We all do. So despite how shitty people are or how often behind closed doors they rub their hands together like some shitty villain, I follow the science. If science says that it could then bring it out

clarence

Reaction score
i don't believe anything gail naughton says. she's probably coached by ziering on how to proceed with the company for another 5 years to squeeze out the last bucks from investors.

Craig Ziering? The same Craig Ziering, who was affiliated with Biologix inc, whose pics were proven scams? They had a website in 2014 or 2015 and the featured persons had posted older pictures on facebook, which proved they never really had lost any hair in the first place.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it's going to be harder and harder to get away with those types of scans, especially on younger tech-savvy people who are much more likely to share their experiences on reddit / forums etc. The most likely initial wave of histogen patients will include ALOT of various forum-dwellers, some of which will share their results. If most of them are bad, then this sh*t will be outed as a scam and will end up doomed.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't even have to "fake" data. You can go smart about collecting it and portray the situation way better than it is in reality.

It's extremely easy to do. I'll probably do a post about this soon.

I think it's going to be harder and harder to get away with those types of scans, especially on younger tech-savvy people who are much more likely to share their experiences on reddit / forums etc. The most likely initial wave of histogen patients will include ALOT of various forum-dwellers, some of which will share their results. If most of them are bad, then this sh*t will be outed as a scam and will end up doomed.

Don't underestimate the average hair loss sufferer. Gullible and naive as hell. Easier to seduce than a kid with a lollypop.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't even have to "fake" data. You can go smart about collecting it and portray the situation way better than it is in reality.

It's extremely easy to do. I'll probably do a post about this soon.

Don't underestimate the average hair loss sufferer. Gullible and naive as hell. Easier to seduce than a kid with a lollypop.

I assume the lasercomb data is fake.

shookwun

Reaction score
most laser comb/helmet data is faked are at least beautified and twisted out of context to make the studies and results look legit. while LLLT in general has some slight positive effect on hair, like it is the case with prp or the adsc fat cell treatment, it's small and negligible and you can never cure genetic male pattern baldness with it.
that brings me to the next recent example of a scammer: tamim hamid, which is a former NASA employee. and because of his background it was the easiest scam ever to market the theradome helmet. they were however caught changing specs about their laser diode coverage multiple time on their website when people asked questions and saw their scientific numbers don't make sense.
also a before/after pic of tamim himself showed some weird photoshop-like hair color change in his before/after pic. he's whether wearing a hairpiece, had a transplant or had only mild hairloss which was reversible through finasteride and minoxidil.
however, he quickly got contacted by a forum shill (i think it was steve-o or similar) which took over the marking and hyping-up on different forums, to make the product look legit. he also mentioned he went with his own hands through tamim's hair to see if they are real and what not.
the end of the story: people are still buying the helmet and tamim got rich as f***. probably at NASA he wasn't able to earn that much money quickly although the salary was probably still very high.
this shows how even once serious people in serious jobs find their way into tricking and misleading people to get rich.
happened so many times in history.
PRP and A-cell are not proven treatments.

modern day snake oil treatment

When the medication doesn't work, they remind us that not everyone responds the same, and results vary.

it's great way to market a non-surgical approach to hair restoration.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the only thing we'll hear from Histogen is when their phase 3 trial will commence. I was in contact with Gail last month and she told me to email her in April about the phase 3 trial.

I have no idea why everyone is so negative about Histogen, think about how many stem cell summits they've presented at and no one in the scientific community has raised a concern about their product. It's obviously not a scam, I'm not sure what kind of vetting they do for these stem cell/scientific summits but at some point their findings and claims would have to have been peer reviewed. In a document they fully explain how all components affect the hair follicle and how it results in regrowth and based on this they are selected to present at these summits. If it was a scam they would be shunned by the scientific community, so obviously the science is sound.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
okay, relax. You can't definitively say anything at this point, it's all speculation and conjecture.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sad truth is:. nobody cares about vetting them properly. they can just wait and see if histogen delivers results. if not, they will dissapear and will be forgotten quickly... like: just another startup which failed.

regarding peer reviews: those reviews mean absolutely nothing. that's exactly the reason why dr. gho got away with his regeneration claims. he found a reviewer (or multiple reviewers) who have no clue about hair follicle regeneration. if the article looks somehow professionel and plausible to the reviewing person, it will just be acknowledged and approved.
in most cases those reviewing persons have no clue about the topic they have to read. it's a real disgrace.

the forum member arashi debunked and researched this 2 or 3 years ago. peer reviewed articles are just meaningless and a waste of time, in 99% of all cases.

5 years ago i also wanted to believe that pulling a scam can't be that easy, but it truly is.

This is nonsense nobody on this forum has "debunked" the peer review process, this is the type of sh*t climate change deniers say. They think everything is a big conspiracy, results are faked, studies are flawed etc. and never come up with scientific proof or directly challenge the science itself. It's like I'm watching fox news reading your post, saying peer review means nothing is ridiculous. Peer review means your work is reviewed by your peers, ie someone in the same field with extensive knowledge. Just because in some instances the peer review process is flawed or non existent doesn't mean it's all bs. I have a scientific background I know what I'm talking about, there are some "journals" and conferences you can just pay to present at and they pretend to be scientific but these conferences they present at do not seem that way at all.

This thread is ridiculous, how can people believe they've faked those numbers in their study? If this doesn't work why would they up the dosage in the third phase and enroll over 300 people. If it was bs then it would make more sense if they just did the same 16 injections to like 50 participants which would save them lots of money.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
@jc3303,

You should read the famous paper by Loannidis: "Why Most Published Research Findings Are False"

http://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.0020124.

It's the most cited paper in PLOS medicine.

Another recent paper by him: "Why Most Clinical Research Is Not Useful"

http://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1002049

"There are many millions of papers of clinical research—approximately 1 million papers from clinical trials have been published to date, along with tens of thousands of systematic reviews—but most of them are not useful. Waste across medical research (clinical or other types) has been estimated as consuming 85% of the billions spent each year [1]. I have previously written about why most published research is false [2] and how to make more of it true [3]. In order to be useful, clinical research should be true, but this is not sufficient. Here I describe the key features of useful clinical research (Table 1) and the current state of affairs and suggest future prospects for improvement."

I mean come on... We are humans after all, not a computer that is playing a game at full or near GTO approximation.

We have a lot of things to improve on.

Last edited:

ahmad029

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Swoop If you see (Table 1) of the above than most will say (other than hairloss suferers ) that all the hairloss research is not useful because it is a physicaly harmless condition.

clarence

Reaction score
It's like I'm watching fox news reading your post, saying peer review means nothing is ridiculous. Peer review means your work is reviewed by your peers, ie someone in the same field with extensive knowledge

Surely a mystery, how the hell did dr. gho ever got peer reviewed, ...?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anything you need me to ask Histogen about? I've been really swamped with other site related issues lately. Apologies for the silence.