Approaching 30 years old and concerned about my hair. Please tell it to me straight!

doihavempb

Reaction score
30 this summer

i have never had anyone tell me my hair is thinning until i posted a photo of mine on a forum elsewhere (and i'm still not sure if they were just messing with me or not.

anyhow, i have taken a few photos and will gladly take more for some more input. i am sort of paranoid about this and would love to be put at ease.

fact of the matter is, if i AM losing hair, i doubt i'd even do anything about it. just accept it and begin to buzz.

a few things to keep in mind:

i've been working out/hitting the weights for close to a decade (i've read this can make a negative impact on male pattern baldness)

i cut my own hair, so there is a chance any thin areas or screwed up hairline is my own doing (in fact, i do try to line up the front of my hairline with a no guard clipper)

i've always had, and think i still do, have what most consider to be thick hair

on to the photos:

(today)

Last edited:

tele

My Regimen
Reaction score
30 this summer

i have never had anyone tell me my hair is thinning until i posted a photo of mine on a forum elsewhere (and i'm still not sure if they were just messing with me or not.

anyhow, i have taken a few photos and will gladly take more for some more input. i am sort of paranoid about this and would love to be put at ease.

fact of the matter is, if i AM losing hair, i doubt i'd even do anything about it. just accept it and begin to buzz.

a few things to keep in mind:

i've been working out/hitting the weights for close to a decade (i've read this can make a negative impact on male pattern baldness)

i cut my own hair, so there is a chance any thin areas or screwed up hairline is my own doing (in fact, i do try to line up the front of my hairline with a no guard clipper)

i've always had, and think i still do, have what most consider to be thick hair

on to the photos:

(today)

Last edited by a moderator:

hairguy21

Reaction score
Looks much thicker longer, keep it at that length as you appear to be losing slowly from the front-to-back. My recession is the Jude Law-type, yours should be fine but jump on finasteride for the heck of it, saved my hair.

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
You do not look like you are balding at all. Kindly **** off.

Just kidding, but seriously I think you're good..

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would commit a heinous crime or two to have the hairline that you do. So you don't have hair loss, sir. Sorry. Now, kindly -- and I mean this in the nicest way possible -- F*CK. RIGHT. OFF. Those of us that are actually balding need to bemoan how unfair genetics have been to us.

doihavempb

Reaction score
Yeah I would commit a heinous crime or two to have the hairline that you do. So you don't have hair loss, sir. Sorry. Now, kindly -- and I mean this in the nicest way possible -- F*CK. RIGHT. OFF. Those of us that are actually balding need to bemoan how unfair genetics have been to us.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

That said, a handful of people did tell me my temples and sides looked thinner. Maybe they were messing with me?

Additionally, even if I'm not balding now, who knows what tomorrow holds. :/

keep

Reaction score
Nope, you are not balding... or at least there's nothing to worry for the moment. Don't jump on finasteride just because some of the guys here have said so. Anyway, do you shed a lot, or why are you concerned, other than just a random comment on a forum?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
His hairline is slightly thinning from an NW0 to an NW1. It's not balding, but it is hair loss. It's the type of hair loss that most men and a lot of women experience in their mid teens.

doihavempb

Reaction score
Figured I'd take one fresh out of the shower with dripping wet hair.

Most telling?

Last edited by a moderator:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
THAT IS A BALD MAN!!!

jk - you have lucky hair!

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Think this guy is a troll - just looking for a pat on the back and making others feel bad, kinda how people subtly brag to each other on facebook.
If not, then you have a good head of hair, tiny bit of recession but hey you're not going to keep you teenage hairline forever, everyone will have atleast some thinning simply from aging