Applied Biology MinoxiBoost For Minoxidil NonResponders

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone thinking about trying this product to increase minoxidil results? It’s called minoxiboost or SULTA1A and I will link what I think is their official website below. MinoxiStyle I guess sells it but it was created by Applied Biology.

Link to seller

Applied Biology

Some Information

It would be interesting to use this with microneedling and tretinoin/retinol. I have no idea if microneedling or tretinoin/retinol is BS. I have to stick with needling and add a little tretinoin. Want to maybe add the Minoxiboost when it becomes available.

jazz1

Reaction score
I will read up but not been sold yet......

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m gonna guess if it does its job properly, it’s like minoxidil plus microneedling. Microneedling upregulates sulfotransferase. Same with finasteride, so it might also mimic the sync effect that minoxidil and finasteride has

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think it might help with stemox as well? I tried to ask them but they didn't give me an answer.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think it might help with stemox as well? I tried to ask them but they didn't give me an answer.
I don't see how it would work with stemox, considering that it's method of action isn't reliant on sulfotransferase enzymes, which this product supposedly boosts.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m gonna guess if it does its job properly, it’s like minoxidil plus microneedling. Microneedling upregulates sulfotransferase. Same with finasteride, so it might also mimic the sync effect that minoxidil and finasteride has
I follow what your saying and I think retinol/tretinoin might do the same. More might be better.

Its like that one company that I’m too lazy to look up. They are using dermabrasion or microneedling plus minoxidil to create new hair follicles and grow hair. They have a patent on their device. It’s nice something like this exists to throw into the mix and supercharge the process. It’s seems like no matter what theirs always some non responders so the more options the better.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My understanding is that this addition to topical minoxidil is intended to make it work comparably to oral minoxidil. The ingredient is an enzyme that non-responders often lack. Oral minoxidil picks up the needed enzyme on passing through the liver, it seems.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Obviously there's a lot of science involved with this stuff so I'm slightly concerned that the company that makes Minoxiboost doesn't know how to spell "vial."

lol it’s not the company man it’s just the department that does content writing for the web. Their heads are all dizzy from minoxidil side effects.

My understanding is that this addition to topical minoxidil is intended to make it work comparably to oral minoxidil. The ingredient is an enzyme that non-responders often lack. Oral minoxidil picks up the needed enzyme on passing through the liver, it seems.

Otherwise

Microneedling + minoxidil + retinol/tretinoin

Vs

Oral minoxidil

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol it’s not the company man it’s just the department that does content writing for the web. Their heads are all dizzy from minoxidil side effects.

Otherwise

Microneedling + minoxidil + retinol/tretinoin

Vs

Oral minoxidil
Yes. I use tretinoin maybe once weekly with daily oral minoxidil and maybe twice a week of light derma-rolling putting on topical min after. But this product should work and @bridgeburn took it (not this brand but sulfurtransferase, before he switched to oral minoxidil which presumably is much cheaper since we are talking a five dollar bottle of Kirkland's liquid minoxidil used orally and topically.

jazz1

Reaction score
Whens this stuff being released?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We don’t need this to be $250 per 60ml though. I hope the company sells it for a reasonable price. I’m hope it is somewhere around $60 per month.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like it's $50/ month

Attachments

• IMG_20210116_110714.jpg
    IMG_20210116_110714.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 205

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like it's $50/ month
For three bottles that price is convenient if this stuff actually works to turn non responders into at least decent responders. Is that image from one of the links above?

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For three bottles that price is convenient if this stuff actually works to turn non responders into at least decent responders. Is that image from one of the links above?
I'm pretty sure that is $50 per bottle, so for 3 bottles it's $150, which is a bit overpriced imo, it's more expensive than the Minoxidil. The image is from follicle thought comment section

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For anyone who stumbles upon this thread or is interested for any reason, I reached out and talked to Applied Biology. They wouldn’t provide me with an exact or assured price of the product and they also told me that it will be released later this year in the United States. I was under the impression that this would become available sometime last month. It could be due to the current COVID restrictions. I guess we will have to hang out for now and see when it happens.

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking "Minoxiboost" may be the new name for Applied Biology's "AB-103" minoxidil boosting product that was scheduled to come out in early 2021.

This is patent info for Applied Biology's AB-103 (Minoxiboost) for anyone interested in the method that they use to increase sulfotransferase exzyme activity in hair follicles: https://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2020/0214958.html

Perhaps some of the more chemistry minded folks here can glance at the AB Minoxiboost patent info and give some insight into how sulfotransferase activity is increased.

Last edited: