Application of Toppik ??'s

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
I just bought some topik and the instructions say to only use it on dry hair. That kinda messes with my routine in the mornings since I usually *very lightly* towl dry my hair, comb it forward, then spray some hairspray on it, let it sit for a min. or two (if I don't do this it'll be too curly) and then comb it back. By this time it's still a tad damp, from the shower but also from the hairspray. When do you guys apply this stuff in terms of drying your hair?? And if I apply some, do you think it would be best to do it before or after the hair spray (keeping in mind the hair is still a tad bit damp)??

I need to just take a weekend and experiment with this stuff or something. I bought it mostly to use for if/when I get a hair transplant, but I'd like to master it now before it's game time.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I dont think it matters if its completley dry or not just dont apply it when your hair is wet.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Matt27 said:
I just bought some topik and the instructions say to only use it on dry hair. That kinda messes with my routine in the mornings since I usually *very lightly* towl dry my hair, comb it forward, then spray some hairspray on it, let it sit for a min. or two (if I don't do this it'll be too curly) and then comb it back. By this time it's still a tad damp, from the shower but also from the hairspray. When do you guys apply this stuff in terms of drying your hair?? And if I apply some, do you think it would be best to do it before or after the hair spray (keeping in mind the hair is still a tad bit damp)??

I need to just take a weekend and experiment with this stuff or something. I bought it mostly to use for if/when I get a hair transplant, but I'd like to master it now before it's game time.

It really does not matter. Don't apply it to drenched wet hair, but then again who would do that? Towel dried hair is fine. Here's a tip tho, after you are done styling and applying Toppik, take like a wet paper towel or toilet paper whatever and quickly/gently/lightly swipe the surface of your hair to remove any excess, this will lessen the "dull hair" effect that Toppik can give.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I think the reason you don't apply it to wet hair is it would get wahsed out with the remaining water and would get clumpy, or run down your forehead (not a great look).

Once your hair is dry enough that it's not dripping (i.e. damp) it should be fine, but apply it after your done brushing and styling, but before hairspray as you want it to settle close to the scalp and not get stuck onto the ends of hairs :)