Aplunk1's Story - (Pictures)

Aplunk1

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
purecontrol said:
Aplunk1 said:
I forgot to mention a big increase in the frequency of urination.

Have you noticed anything such as sore/hot/itchy niples? This can be an sign of higher estrogen levels.

sensetive nipples wont be too good lol

RD,
thank you for your comments & encouragement.

purecontrol,
no, I haven't noticed anything like that.

I added 2 new galleries to my website. I put up some GREAT baseline photos (Round 2: 1-Week photos), and I also put up a gallery of 1-month photos.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Aplunk, finasteride didnt really maintain what you regrow from dutasteride right?

I have been on finasteride for a while, and things pretty much maintained, do you think I can expect some regrow if i decide to use dutasteride? thanks bro.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
Aplunk, finasteride didnt really maintain what you regrow from dutasteride right?

I have been on finasteride for a while, and things pretty much maintained, do you think I can expect some regrow if i decide to use dutasteride? thanks bro.

Hi brother, finasteride definitely helped when I wasn't on dutasteride, but I still got some nasty shedding. I don't think that finasteride is capable of maintaining dutasteride regrowth. I lost *some* hair, but it takes Dutasteride at least 6 months to leave your system completely. That may have delayed any real shedding that was going to happen.

Yes, you can probably expect better regrowth/maintenance with dutasteride.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
RaginDemon said:

Hi brother, finasteride definitely helped when I wasn't on dutasteride, but I still got some nasty shedding. I don't think that finasteride is capable of maintaining dutasteride regrowth. I lost *some* hair, but it takes Dutasteride at least 6 months to leave your system completely. That may have delayed any real shedding that was going to happen.

Yes, you can probably expect better regrowth/maintenance with dutasteride.

thanks brother, I guess its almost time to bring out the bigger guns.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
*Quick Update*

I'm almost at the 2-and-a-half-month mark. While it's too early to really have any changes in hair quality, here are some things I've noticed:

--Acne has started to disappear completely, leaving very smooth (and somewhat DRY) skin.
--Headaches right before bedtime, and some mild brainfog.
--Scalp feels great.
--Lowered sex drive the last few weeks, although no problems getting it up. :D

Still maintaining my Norwood 2, no problems there. I may upload some pics in the near future.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I normally take my finasteride at night. This morning I poped one in the mornng cuz I missed 2 days in a row

I f*****g experienced the so called brain fog...I couldn't think properly for 3-4 hours. I am a financial analyst so I can't have that at all.

I guess I am going back to my old routine.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Nearly 3 months, here's my hairline. Does it look bad?

200710220142fy2.jpg

200710220143eg6.jpg

200710220144eh5.jpg

200710220145tw3.jpg
\

My hair is trying to pull a Nixon:

nixon.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hairline looks solid man

powersam

Reaction score
damn looks like you got back everything you lost on finasteride and then some. to the casual observer that hairline is simply a high forehead rather than male pattern baldness.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks cool man, you should feel great with hair like that :)

:bravo:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
powersam said:
damn looks like you got back everything you lost on finasteride and then some. that to the casual observer that hairline is simply a high forehead rather than male pattern baldness.

:agree:

Aplunk1

Reaction score
A lot of shedding the last 4 weeks-- I've been shedding both thick terminal and minoxidil-induced hairs. My right temple seems to have taken the biggest hit. I hope consistency will help me get over this 3-month shed.

All over the keyboard... in the shower drain, hands, and the brush looks disgusting.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
ride it out, good thing will come brother!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I admit, I pulled off my face quite a few hairs after I got out of the shower this morning and went into a momentary rage. Anxiety, mixed with anger and sadness, and I tried to brush out as many hairs as I could.

This isn't the way to start off a school day.

Does anyone go through these episodes when shedding lots?

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hell yeah, know exactly what you mean, I don't get upset now, just angry!!! :hairy: :crazy: :firing:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Our happiness depends on the status of hair...its just not a healthy way of living.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Just thought that I'd add that I'm almost 4 months into daily Avodart (my second round), and the shedding around the hairline and temples has gotten kind of bad. It's a mediocre shed, I'd say.

I buzzed off my hair today because I was so self-conscious about it.

The good news is that it looks like the hairs that are being shed are gradually getting thicker, and there is some soft regrowth around the hairline and temples. ,The sides of my head, just above the sideburns, have thickened up very well.

I think that I should have a lot more hair by Spring-- but who knows... I might never regain these hairs!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Keep at it bro, and GL!