anyone use toppik or couvre the "hair thickeners"?

dragonflygirl

Reaction score
did you find them useful/natural? which one was better? or are they just the latest version of those late-nite tv infomercial gimmicks? thanks. :oops:

brunetteswirl

Reaction score
I alternate between the two

I am a female who has been using Couvre and Toppik for a month. I love them both. The reason that I'm even here is because I came online to order more and got side-tracked! I initially ordered two travel size Toppiks because I wasn't sure of the color OR if I would like it. At $6 each, not much could have been lost.

One warning: The products cover where the scalp shows through and add volume too. When I went without either of them for a day, I felt awful! When I touched my head, my hair was so fine and soft and the places where my scalp showed through were there again and so obvious! I hated it. I found a posting from somebody else tonight who had the same experience.

I think if you have a lot of bald area they may not work, but if you have thin and fine hair, I recommend them both.

G

Okay, I used toppik. i just finished up my first thing of it and am online to buy some more. It doesnt last very long, so i reccomend buying the big bottle of it. Here is my review of it.
For a grade, I would give it a B+. It's a good product, and i believe any woman or man should for sure get a bottle of it. However, its not a miracle. You're not adding real hair to your hair, so obviously its not going to all of a sudden look like you have a bunch of hair on your head. But it DOES cover up your scalp and make your hair appear thicker. Be careful though, because i think it is noticeable. Not wicked noticable, but if you get up close you can tell somethings not right. From far away it isnt noticeable at all, and is the perfect solution if youre going to go get pictures taken or something.
Also, be careful because its not as stable as the advertisments make it out to sound. If youre wearing this, dont get caught in a heavy rainstorm or hurricane, and definatly dont scratch your head. :freaked:
My suggestion to you guys who havent tried it is to spend the money and give it a go. It deserves one. If you arent sure on the colour, buy a couple of the travel size, its not too pricey. Then whichever colour is best for you, buy the big bottle of it, not the regular, it doesnt last very long.
Just for those of you who are curious about what the product actually IS, it's like a powder you sprinkle on your head. I sometimes laugh cause i feel like im putting spices on my head, or sprinkles. hahaha. The powder stuff reminds me of felt or something. And it can get a bit messy when you put it on as well. It got all over my bathroom once. And try not to inhale it either, it has a tendency to float around if you shake your head or something right away. I always spray my hair with hairspray right after, just to help it stay in better.
So, go buy it! Even if youre just going to wear it for special occasions. Your happiness is worth the money.
tah tah!

sessa555

Reaction score
My 2cents...I ordered a travel sized bottle of Toppek to try it out and I HATED it. It looked, well, like I had sprinkled brown powder on my head, and when I brushed my hair it streaked on my scalp, leaving white lines from the hairbrush. Also, it streaked off when I itched my head (cuz it made my scalp itch). Anyway, I realize that there are alot of faithful Toppek users out there, but sadly I am not one of them. It sounds like it is something you must experience for yourself, but I strongly recommend the 'travel size experience' first instead of shelling out the dough for the super econo family sized bottle. Good luck!

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
I use toppik and couvre. Some days it looks more natural than others. It's really a learning process with both. And some days maybe I'm not blending as well and it can look fake but mostly, if you take the time to blend and style, these products really help. AND they add so much to your self-esteem.