anyone use genhair?

tanaka

Reaction score
Ok this is what I found on regrowth.com about genhair gaff:
Personally I dont like being fooled by some greedy company selling BS.

NOTIFICATION OF CONSUMER FRAUD

As part of our ongoing quality monitoring of marketers of compounded hair treatment, it has come to our attention that Genhair has been producing and distributing products that are not representative of their labeling. To confirm this allegation, we have submitted one of your products, Minoxidil 5% GAFF to an independent analytic laboratory (ARL, 840 Research Parkway, Suite 546 Oklahoma City, OK 73104 USA) that is one of the primary reference laboratories for compounding quality in the U.S. Their findings are as follows:

ACTIVE AGENT As labeled Method Finding Deviation
FINASTERIDE 0.25% HPLC None detected 0% of spec
FLUTAMIDE 1.5% HPLC 0.0290% 1.9% of spec
MINOXDIL 5.0% HPLC 2.006% 40.1% of spec

We are not a governmental or regulatory body, so we cannot demand that you take action in response to these findings, but we can and will provide the following actions as a public service to the hair treatment community:

1. We will be noting these findings on leading hair treatment blogs as an informational service.
2. We would recommend that you offer refunds for users of this product.
3. We would expect that you will take corrective action and produce products that have content as labeled. For confirmation, you may submit updated samples to the ARL laboratories and have them re-assessed (at your expense).

Did anyone know that here?

beaner

Reaction score
This isn't surprising. I've been warning people about genhair for years.

hairtest

Reaction score
All I have to say is order at your own risk. I had a horrible experience.

I am not surprised their products don't meet purity standards.

ameentj

Reaction score
I live in Canada and ordered 3 separate products from them. The 5% minoxidil liquid, the 0.25% Finasteride liquid and the liquid spironolactone. It took them about 3 weeks to get the product to me. I've never had an email interaction with them.

I'm extremely happy with the products. I was shedding a lot of hair with my previous treatment which caused me to change everything. I was applying 15% minoxidil at night and 5% in the morning and that was not helping at all. I did not want to take pills as I've triad that in the past (Propecia) and have had side effects (man boobs, ugh)

I was very delighted to see Finasteride in liquid form.

My application is a mess however. I apply spironolactone first. After 2 hours, I apply the finasteride, and after 2 hours I apply the minoxidil and then repeat the same. It's very hard to pull off and requires me to take the sprays with me when I leave. At times, I miss applications.

In the past 2 months and 2 weeks, the shedding has stopped and I've had some regrowth in the crown area. It's encouraging enough for me to continue.

I just saw their GAFF product today and am trying to decide if I should switch to it. That's how I stumbled upon this thread. I really hope the findings of that lab are not correct. In terms of my own experience, their products have been very helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

The GAFF product from genhair arrived today, so I'll give you my immediate feedback. First off, didn't dig the packaging that much (I know, not too important) - the box was a bit smashed, there was NO literature on the product (aside from the box itself), and there were NO droppers - each bottle simply comes with a spray nozzle attached to it. It just seems a bit sloppily put together, in my opinion.

I put some of the product on my hair, and to my surprise, it was fairly greasy. I'm so used to Dr. Lee's products, which are FAR from greasy. So, that's my feedback thus far - I can tell it's just not a "together" outfit as I believe Dr. Lee's was ... but maybe the product will work wonders. Here's hoping ...

Any updates on your results?

struggle

Reaction score
Ok this is what I found on regrowth.com about ******* gaff:
Personally I dont like being fooled by some greedy company selling BS.

NOTIFICATION OF CONSUMER FRAUD

As part of our ongoing quality monitoring of marketers of compounded hair treatment, it has come to our attention that ******* has been producing and distributing products that are not representative of their labeling. To confirm this allegation, we have submitted one of your products, Minoxidil 5% GAFF to an independent analytic laboratory (ARL, 840 Research Parkway, Suite 546 Oklahoma City, OK 73104 USA) that is one of the primary reference laboratories for compounding quality in the U.S. Their findings are as follows:

ACTIVE AGENT As labeled Method Finding Deviation
FINASTERIDE 0.25% HPLC None detected 0% of spec
FLUTAMIDE 1.5% HPLC 0.0290% 1.9% of spec
MINOXDIL 5.0% HPLC 2.006% 40.1% of spec

We are not a governmental or regulatory body, so we cannot demand that you take action in response to these findings, but we can and will provide the following actions as a public service to the hair treatment community:

1. We will be noting these findings on leading hair treatment blogs as an informational service.
2. We would recommend that you offer refunds for users of this product.
3. We would expect that you will take corrective action and produce products that have content as labeled. For confirmation, you may submit updated samples to the ARL laboratories and have them re-assessed (at your expense).

Did anyone know that here?

Whats the legitimacy of this? I can't find anything on the internet. Who send that lab originally? Who are samsontherapeutics?

http://www.regrowth.com/hair-loss-forums/topic/a-reminder-to-all-forums-rules-87/#post-153160

This is the original post.

So lets see, "SamsonTherapeutics" seems to be some site where they developed some hairloss product, probably just another formula with the usual stuff:

http://www.regrowth.com/hair-loss-forums/topic/samson-therapeutics-has-launched-mdf-solution/

http://www.*********talk.com/showthread.php?t=629

So, how funny, some dissapeared brand (the website doesn't even work) talking **** about gen-hair (a direct competitor which at least still exists today) and you all take it for granted as legit information without doing any research? That's what dumbasses do.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
You can repeat the lab test in that laboratory (ARLOK.COM). It costs only 150 USD.