anyone use genhair?

Cassin

Reaction score
One thing I always loved about Dr Lee is emails were generally answered within one day and my orders always showed up between 3 and 5 business days.

I am far from thrilled about ordering a product like this from overseas. Its not that I don't trust foreigners to make something so much as I am doubtful about the handling of such a sensitive product over such a distance. Temperature issues and things like that. Probably irrational on my part but its something I am not comfortable with yet.

JWM

Reaction score
Cassin

Doesn't Genhair provide the S5 Cream sold here, or is that another supplier? And I too am bummed about Dr. Lee. His Keto shampoo was AWESOME. Shame.

Cassin

Reaction score
Honestly I have no idea. The last time me and the site owner discussed a product with me was years ago when rogaine foam came out.

People are pretty secretive about 'who makes what for who.'

Reaction score
Cassin I'm really curious to know what you're doing now regarding your minoxidil, if you too are having genhair issues. I went with doctor lees #500 after rave reviews from you and it's always been great for me.

I'm starting to get really stressed as I'm literally days away from finishing my current minoxidil supply, I cannot deal with another shed-fest.

Cassin

Reaction score
RadioMopTopHead said:
Cassin I'm really curious to know what you're doing now regarding your minoxidil, if you too are having genhair issues. I went with doctor lees #500 after rave reviews from you and it's always been great for me.

I'm starting to get really stressed as I'm literally days away from finishing my current minoxidil supply, I cannot deal with another shed-fest.

I need to figure it out fast. Very fast. I have 3/4 a bottle of #500 left and thats it.

Rogaine foam is "usable" at best but it smells horrid and make my hair look like absolute sh*t. I hate the stuff but I literally cannot use standard minoxidil so I am left with guessing like you are. I will try to find something on amazon.com I guess.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have a bottle of lee's 500 that i've used about 1.5 ml of. will trade for a bottle of foam as i've switched back.

i also have a full container of 5% spironolactone from lee (actually more than full because i added what was left over from my other bottle to a new one) will trade for an s5 spironolactone as i've switched to that also.

Reaction score
Ok guys just letting you know my sensitive minoxidil finally arrived from genhair!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (over-exaggeration and excitement)

I paid $51 (roughly £30) for what is supposedly a 6 month supply?!?!?!?!?! (again)
I cannot believe this and find it too good to be true.

One downside is they came with sprayers, which I find weird as i've always used the dropper. Always been more of a dropper than a sprayer, hey ho.

Also they never did reply to my emails.

moshe123

Reaction score
51$ is the price for 3 month suplly...i think you wrong...(38+15 delivery)....
you are going to addict this minoxidil beacuse of its fast drying...

Reaction score
moshe123 said:
51$ is the price for 3 month suplly...i think you wrong...(38+15 delivery)....
you are going to addict this minoxidil beacuse of its fast drying...

I definitely have 2 bottles, and each bottle has a big 3 month label on, my eyes don't deceive me!

It's SO fast drying, that I feel like there's no way I could have put enough on!
But I guess this is the psychological effect of a sprayer.

moshe123

Reaction score
you can also use the kirkland dropper....its also fitting...you got 2 bottles of 100ml each....thats 3+ month supply if you use it 1 ml twice a day...

alum82

Reaction score
K I am in the same boat as everyone in terms of finding another supplier since Dr. Lee closed. Genhair was the closest thing I could find but after reading all the negative reviews about them not replying to emails I decided to email them myself and the very next day they replied and were very nice. As a result I am thinking about taking the plunge with them.
If anyone else knows anything else about genhair please chip in. But so far I have no reason to doubt them besides the few negatives I've read about them not returning emails.

Last blade

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't use them.

I ordered spironolactone on 07/03/11.

I still haven't received my order (and have been left without the product for a whole month as result. I'm getting worried about the detriments of that now.) They have responded to my emails but it's a cowboy setup with replies being sent via someone's blackberry.

I ordered spironolactone through the site here on Friday and I received an email with a tracking no today so I'd recommend using Hairlosstalk not genhair.

alum82

Reaction score
JWM said:
Hmmm...5 posts, huh? Let's all do the math.

Yes, the math shows me you're an assuming idiot. For someone with over 1000 posts I'd expect better judgement from an experienced forum member then to immediately jump on the "oh he must work for the company!" or "troll!" bandwagon. If you want my myspace or facebook or some crap send me a private message as I have no problem sending it and showing I'm a regular guy in his 20s going to school.

But ALL of my posts have been neutral including my profile except for the fact I've been praising Dr. Lee everytime, and like others I am desperately looking for a finasteride topical replacement. The last post I made about genhair still isn't even suggesting them! I'm just saying they have potential and I am STILL unsure and want others opinions. Funny thing is, ANYONE can do what I did: people complained they didn't reply to emails, so email them and see for yourself! I simply posted my experience.

So please save your remark for someone who obviousely is trolling or repping, or else we will simply brush off every newbies opinion thinking they are repping.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
jkman1 said:
Has anyone tried lipogain?

5% Minoxidil
Azleic Acid
Saw Palmetto

I have

It's very good and clean but my scalp couldn't handle the PG so i had to revert to non-PG basic 5% stuff...

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Time to give minoxidil max . com a chance i reckon guys. I've used it for some time without a single complaint.

In fact the lady has bent over backwards to accomodate me at times giving me free samples of the various different minoxidil's they have since ive been a good customer.

alum82

Reaction score
Ok here is an idea, from the same site that sells the lipogaine in the post above, why not purchase the Dual-gen-15 from them, and order the topical finasteride from genhair? This way you don't have to put all your eggs in one basket and we can just apply them seperately.

HOWEVER, one thing about genhair that is making me think twice is the bottles say 2x80 but they are really 2x100ml, which is better for us but it needs to be corrected and this is unprofessional to not have corrected it at this point. AND the finasteride is listed as a CREAM, yet when you click the link it says it's a liquid. Something just isn't right...
I don't want a cream, and this would be a dealbreaker. I am going to email them and will let you know. If it's a liquid I am going to order that from them and order dual-gen-15 from the other site. I reasoned on getting the dual-gen-15 over the lipogaine is because I don't believe saw palmetto and a few vitamins are going to make much difference if any, but with the dual-gen-15 the increase in minoxidil is significant enough that it will make a difference.

jbhkhc

Reaction score
Cassin said:
jbhkhc said:
I can vouch for that, I've sent them 3 emails asking about international shipping and have had no feedback whatsoever. ..

I have to add that I find this disturbing as well. I have sent them two.

I have yet to get a reply, I ordered some topical finasteride 3 weeks ago and it arrived today though. I ordered minoxidil + A acid from minoxidil max...still waiting for that. Im 99% sure the spironolactone from this site comes from genhair. I think the problem lies with the customer service, and hopefully not the product.

The topical finasteride is double the strength of what is in Dr. Lees 6%, so i'll keep people updated as to the outcome.

jbhkhc

Reaction score
Oh one more thing....the 100ml bottles that everyone is happy about. I have one currently sitting next to my minoxidil plus which is 65ml...doesn't look like its possible to have 35ml extra...so it probably IS 80ml. Also...the 2oz spironolactone from genhair is dwarfed in size next to the 2oz spironolactone from Dr.Lee. :dunno: