Anyone use compounded minoxidil from Murray ave apothocary?

SciGuy29

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the posters who were not sure last year if Susan's formula was working or not , what do you guys think now that it has been over a year?

Any new updates on the results?

I would think the liquid version at 10% using a syringe would be better than the cream that gets all over the hair.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the posters who were not sure last year if Susan's formula was working or not , what do you guys think now that it has been over a year?

Any new updates on the results?

I would think the liquid version at 10% using a syringe would be better than the cream that gets all over the hair.

I think they offer some good products, but my personal advice is DO NOT use minoxidil above 5%. It f*cked my hair and scalp pretty bad. I have never seen an account of it providing good results. It's all just bullsh*t theory with no science behind it.

SciGuy29

My Regimen
Reaction score
It gave me some good results. But they didn't start coming in until I added Progesterone.

Definitely grew back my vertex hair. Hairline, only a little grew back. My vertex just keeps getting denser (and I have pictures).

I've used 12.5%, 15%, and now 30% since January 2016. I'm happy with what I have now.

Thanks for the reply, especially about the progesterone being important!

At what % concentration Minoxidil did you start adding in the Progesterone?

SciGuy29

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think they offer some good products, but my personal advice is DO NOT use minoxidil above 5%. It f*cked my hair and scalp pretty bad. I have never seen an account of it providing good results. It's all just bullsh*t theory with no science behind it.

When you say it messed up your hair and scalp, did you add in any retinol at the higher concentrations that might have caused the irritation? Or do you think it was solely the higher % of minoxidil?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you say it messed up your hair and scalp, did you add in any retinol at the higher concentrations that might have caused the irritation? Or do you think it was solely the higher % of minoxidil?

I was using just 15% minoxidil with hydrocortisone for a while. If anything the hydrocortisone should have soothed my scalp, as it usually does. It felt like hell. My heart rate doubled and my blood pressure spiked like 40pts. But, that's just me. She offered for me to send it back so she could halve the % (7.5%) but i think ill pass.

SciGuy29

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thirty percent. For some people, it doesn't help them.

This is a 2013, my worst hair (Norwood 4/5).

This is my June pictures. Haven't been gaining lately, but I haven't lost anything either. Gained for about six months.

Great results there!

SciGuy29

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was using just 15% minoxidil with hydrocortisone for a while. If anything the hydrocortisone should have soothed my scalp, as it usually does. It felt like hell. My heart rate doubled and my blood pressure spiked like 40pts. But, that's just me. She offered for me to send it back so she could halve the % (7.5%) but i think ill pass.

Very good info here, thank you.
I can see how 15% concentration PLUS the enhanced absorption from DMI etc. can increase possible side effects.

At 5% do you also experience elevated heart rate (obviously not to the degree you did at 15%). Are you relatively side effect free at 5%?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I am done with these "pharmacies" I think they just formulate a bunch of crap based on wild theories and sell it to vulnerable people. 15% minoxidil with finasteride and progesterone? sure, sounds good!! Progesterone hair rinse? why not! Biotin cream?? BIOTIN F*CKING CREAM??? Well derpa de do, it dun got biotin which be good for me hair so fuk yeah bwoi, take my money!! God d*mn mother f*cking sh*t I am so tired of all this f*cking bullsh*t.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Their Biotin cream is a joke. I tried that. Didn't do anything.

The prescription medications they make are legitimate. Their chemical structure is pure.
I dunno anymore guys...
Should I switch back to Rogaine 5%?
I've only been using Murray 15% for about 2 months....LITTLE regrowth on the hairline, barely any growth on my crown.

Im on dutasteride, finasteride & Estradiol by the way....so i thought 15% minoxidil would be the final ingredient in my regimen to bring me from a NW3 Vertex to a NW1 for sure!

Granted; i've only been on dutasteride & Estradiol for 2.5 months though:D:p
Should I stick with 15% minoxidil??? ITS SO DAMN EXPENSIVE

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Their Biotin cream is a joke. I tried that. Didn't do anything.

The prescription medications they make are legitimate. Their chemical structure is pure.

I am not saying anything about the chemical structures of their compounds, I am sure that's legit. i am saying these compounds are just based on wild theory and speculation.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dunno anymore guys...
Should I switch back to Rogaine 5%?
I've only been using Murray 15% for about 2 months....LITTLE regrowth on the hairline, barely any growth on my crown.

Im on dutasteride, finasteride & Estradiol by the way....so i thought 15% minoxidil would be the final ingredient in my regimen to bring me from a NW3 Vertex to a NW1 for sure!

Granted; i've only been on dutasteride & Estradiol for 2.5 months though:D:p
Should I stick with 15% minoxidil??? ITS SO DAMN EXPENSIVE

Please find me just ONE source that says 15% minoxidil is more effective than 5%. Get off that crap man. Use 5% liquid or foam. the rest of your regimen is covering everything else.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please find me just ONE source that says 15% minoxidil is more effective than 5%. Get off that crap man. Use 5% liquid or foam. the rest of your regimen is covering everything else.
There is no REAL science behind it Buck....I'm just going off of "Bro Science"
Probably not the best idea huh?..LOL
Everything else in my regimen is scientifically proven to help hair, however 15% minoxidil isn't.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no REAL science behind it Buck....I'm just going off of "Bro Science"
Probably not the best idea huh?..LOL
Everything else in my regimen is scientifically proven to help hair, however 15% minoxidil isn't.

then, stick with what's proven. For all you know 15% minoxidil could be damaging your skin and/or even your hair follicles. Who knows...

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@k9gatton - I think your hair is holding up very well for your age ! I'd just like to know , are you able to cover the top of your scalp with your new cream compound ? Because from what I understood from your old posts last year is that you apply it quite bald areas only.