Anyone Tried Salt Spray/beach Spray?

resu

Reaction score
Sounds good, I've tried the L'Oreal Fibrology, made my scalp itch for weeks, I can no longer regular shampoos. Only fancy clay I've tried was Blind Barber 90 Proof Hair Pomade, it was alright but not worth the money specially because it smells like old woman's perfume, it really does and it stays on everything for days and you really need good density to use these products which I don't have!

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone use this kind of product?

volumising-powder.jpg

I find them very, very good to make the hair look fuller and stay in place. If you use too much it can look strange though.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone use this kind of product?

View attachment 56934

I find them very, very good to make the hair look fuller and stay in place. If you use too much it can look strange though.

Yes powder is great. Just buy a massive tub of generic talcum powder for like £2 (I'm not sure what Americans call talcum powder) but that got2b stuff will cost you a fortune every week.

Salt spray is pretty good and any kind of volumizing hairspray. Thicken that sh*t right up.

Frankthetank

Reaction score
salt sprays and hair clay work really well for me... helps my hair hold up better (not blow all over the place in wind).

I love salt spray for the thickening and texture effects its has. My only concern is that a lot of hair spray products and powders (dry shampoo spray, for example) Is supposedly unhealthy for your hair. I stay away from all dry shampoo types of products because I feel like the last thing I need is to worsen the quality of the hair i'm trying to hold on to with finasteride

I'm not sure if theres much truth to the claims, but I don't feel like taking any chances. Salt spray and clays do enough cosmetically to help, but I will say that if you plan on using salt spray, make sure you use conditioner before. It will dry your hair out quite a bit and can make it pretty hard to style otherwise

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's good advice, you can even use a spray in conditioner after you use the salt spray and still achieve the same look.
I would say though that ther's no link to salt spray and baldness but it can have a drying effect on your hair hence why using a conditioner is a good idea.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
guys, just buy a dollar store sprayer and some rock/sea salt at the pharmacy, and save yourself a lot of money on styling products.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
guys, just buy a dollar store sprayer and some rock/sea salt at the pharmacy, and save yourself a lot of money on styling products.
In what proportion do you mix water and salt?

Rahul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I have also used the Sea Salt Spray as it helps me to style my hair into that wet, messy, “beachy” look that everyone loves to have.