Anyone taking Oral Minoxidil 20mg a day?

Lookaway

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking oral minoxidil 10mg daily for a week now. So far I haven't had any side effects. Never had one during my 2 years of topical either. I've heard oral minoxidil has only 4hrs of half life, so I'm thinking maybe taking 10mg in the morning and 10mg in the evening? Would that work?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking oral minoxidil 10mg daily for a week now. So far I haven't had any side effects. Never had one during my 2 years of topical either. I've heard oral minoxidil has only 4hrs of half life, so I'm thinking maybe taking 10mg in the morning and 10mg in the evening? Would that work?

You taking the oral tablets or drinking the topical minoxidil? If drinking how much are you consuming? is that 0.25 ML?

StacySixx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm reluctant to say this, but I take 30 mg. 15mg.2 times per day. Look. This stuff can be dangerous. I have high blood pressure. I was able to replace on of my meds. For minoxidil. I am going to ask my Doctor to prescribe oral minoxidil later this month. I plan too tell her I have been using the liquid form sublingually. Too much can put you in Hospital. Be careful. Consult a Physician.

Lookaway

My Regimen
Reaction score
You taking the oral tablets or drinking the topical minoxidil? If drinking how much are you consuming? is that 0.25 ML?
I'm taking the tablets (Lonitab 10mg)
And topical 5%
I heard about people drinking topical but I'm not sure if it's safe.

StacySixx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. I am drinking it. I still have concerns as well. That is why I hope to talk my Doctor into prescribing the pill fo me.

Lookaway

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. I am drinking it. I still have concerns as well. That is why I hope to talk my Doctor into prescribing the pill fo me.
Oh so you're taking (drinking) topical? I thought you're taking tablets.

Edit: my bad for not reading carefully

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm reluctant to say this, but I take 30 mg. 15mg.2 times per day. Look. This stuff can be dangerous. I have high blood pressure. I was able to replace on of my meds. For minoxidil. I am going to ask my Doctor to prescribe oral minoxidil later this month. I plan too tell her I have been using the liquid form sublingually. Too much can put you in Hospital. Be careful. Consult a Physician.
damn man i know you're taking it for blood pressure related issue but have you noticed any sign of facial sagging or aging at such a huge oral dose? according to theories here it should wreck your face at such a high osage . thanks

StacySixx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did have issues with eye swelling. That is getting better. My facial hair is growing in like mad. I never had much facial hair before. My eyebrows have also gotten thicker, and longer.
Speaking of facial sagging, and aging. After much thought on this I realized that the bags under my eyes actually starting when I committed to using minoxidil topically. I can't say now that I take it orally it has become any worse. I use a dermapen and collagen under my eyes anyway , that helps. I'm 54 . Aging has already found me.

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did have issues with eye swelling. That is getting better. My facial hair is growing in like mad. I never had much facial hair before. My eyebrows have also gotten thicker, and longer.
Speaking of facial sagging, and aging. After much thought on this I realized that the bags under my eyes actually starting when I committed to using minoxidil topically. I can't say now that I take it orally it has become any worse. I use a dermapen and collagen under my eyes anyway , that helps. I'm 54 . Aging has already found me.
What about ur scalp hair? Any improvements on 30 mg/day?

StacySixx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, maybe? As I have stated before. My hair is really long. Itis hard to tell.. My issues are on my hairline. I have what appears to be diffused thinning especially on the right side. In one spot in particularl I also have what I believe is traction alopecia from wearing my hair pulled back to tight in the past. I think I can see the worst area starting to get better. I have weird random hair growing further down from my original hairline ( only 5 or 6 ) .My temples look a bit better , though they were not my main concern. I have only done this for a month so we will see. I just began yesterday to add Retin A to my minoxidil. I don't feel I was a good responder to topical minoxidil as I used it for over a year without seeing these results even with finasteride.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ifhedies.jpg

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was drinking such topical amounts as 20mg daily but I have cut back to more like 5mg morning and 5mg at night, while using topical more or less, prn, but always before and after microneedling.

Attachments

• Fading Fast--6-6-17.jpg
    Fading Fast--6-6-17.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4528.jpeg
    IMG_4528.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 124

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am drinking about 10 drops of 5% daily in the hopes of triggering hypertrichosis. I've seen what 20 mgs oral daily can do to a man - turned him into an absolute bear with crazy thick hair on his arms, hands and legs where there was little before.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am drinking about 10 drops of 5% daily in the hopes of triggering hypertrichosis. I've seen what 20 mgs oral daily can do to a man - turned him into an absolute bear with crazy thick hair on his arms, hands and legs where there was little before.
I had to go down to 6.25 mg daily and only in the morning because of the mad swelling in my eyes and feet. Hey, I took over 20 mg for many months and I am still alive so probably drinking topical won't hurt people but the hair sides are getting out of control unless I want to start presenting more in a masculine way because my beard is growing again and dense as crap after yanking it out again and again and again but oral minoxidil might be like turbo-charging plus it probably is fine to take two drops morning and evening and use topical once daily. The microneedling is huge and I am higher and higher on that for everybody and estradiol is almost certainly necessary for full juvenile recoveries. We shall see but I can see the temples flush with new hairs, both white ones and dark and I don't expect them to stop growing and the volume increases with the microneedling and estrogen and oral min but I can't be precise except I know estradiol is necessary and at least one of the other two probably is as well.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My legs were pretty hairy when I was young and I always liked the way they looked. I noticed it thinning at some point in my 40s, especially on the front of my shins and on the back below my calves. This is the typical male andropause thinning pattern which you see on virtually every man 40 and older. I tried topical Minoxidil on just my legs 1-2 times a day, applied using a spray top on the bottle and applied enough to cover both legs from hip to ankle. I was using about one bottle a week. If there was any effect, it was not dramatic and not worth the hassle. A month or so ago I saw a photo of a guy who was on 10 mg twice daily and was proud of his exceptional body hair growth. It was unbelievable. So I am trying oral for a while to see if I can achieve the same gains.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My legs were pretty hairy when I was young and I always liked the way they looked. I noticed it thinning at some point in my 40s, especially on the front of my shins and on the back below my calves. This is the typical male andropause thinning pattern which you see on virtually every man 40 and older. I tried topical Minoxidil on just my legs 1-2 times a day, applied using a spray top on the bottle and applied enough to cover both legs from hip to ankle. I was using about one bottle a week. If there was any effect, it was not dramatic and not worth the hassle. A month or so ago I saw a photo of a guy who was on 10 mg twice daily and was proud of his exceptional body hair growth. It was unbelievable. So I am trying oral for a while to see if I can achieve the same gains.
I had normal amounts of hair although I have always hated body hair when it's long and some of these old guys have these long curled hairs on their legs and it's just <shudders> and why do they think people want to see their hairy *** body without a shirt and in a thong? It might be shame seeking or maybe old men are clueless about modern grooming. Even basketball players shave under their arms now but that made me feel sort of "fruity" when I removed it since real men should be okay with being hairy.

I never wanted any of it below the neck really and my beard was an enduring infected mess and I don't miss it at all as it was hang-dog looking two years agon and full of red dermatitis sores. Even estrogen couldn't take care fo that. Removal of the follicles is necessary for many to relieve dermatitis but nobody bothers to inform us. If I am trans, it's just as much to have a good reason to ditch the beard which usually rub partners raw guys, hint, hint for at least some of you and shaving is never close enough.