Anyone taking 10mg or more daily of oral minoxidil?

swaggyhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only real noticeable side effect of oral minoxidil was a compressed feeling in my legs they would feel so tight and no amount of stretching helped. Also my feet would swell from time to time if I was on them too long it would look like I inflated them. That was 2019 on 5-10mg of loniten but I guess my body is used to it now up to 20mg and feel nothing.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do it because I can. I'm on a crazy regimen right now and it its looking really positive after 3 wks

- Topical Minoxidil Twice a day
-Oral Minoxidil 10mg AM 10mg PM
-Nizoral every 4 days
-Deity Plant Shampoo morning and night
-Lulus holistics hemp and castor shampoo morning and night
-20000mg of biotin pills with coconut oil once a day
-100% Pure Peppermint and Pumpkinseed oil
-Finasteride but I've been out of supply for a week haven't had a chance to get a script.
-Topical Melatonin every night before bed

I'm hoping doing all this at once for at least 6 months will result in something
that sounds like something...
atm im in dutasteride, oral min 5g and adenosine (has peppermint in it too) in the evening... well and some vitamins, but who knows if they will ever do something... the shampoo i use is also supposed to promote hairgrowth...
guess ill add my last bottle or topical min and see what happens...

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
I do it because I can. I'm on a crazy regimen right now and it its looking really positive after 3 wks

- Topical Minoxidil Twice a day
-Oral Minoxidil 10mg AM 10mg PM
-Nizoral every 4 days
-Deity Plant Shampoo morning and night
-Lulus holistics hemp and castor shampoo morning and night
-20000mg of biotin pills with coconut oil once a day
-100% Pure Peppermint and Pumpkinseed oil
-Finasteride but I've been out of supply for a week haven't had a chance to get a script.
-Topical Melatonin every night before bed

I'm hoping doing all this at once for at least 6 months will result in something

I've seen crazier. I think if you get any solid maintenance and/or regrowth you can attribute that to what's in bold. All else may be provide healthier looking hair. Have you considered adding dermarolling

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to check in with everyone here and see how long people have been on Oral minoxidil for?

Also, I recently watched one of 'Kevin Mann's videos where he speaks about the potential for serious heart problems from OM. Does anyone else know anything on this?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
not for too long... as for kevin mann, that dude talks down on everything he cant take personally... wouldnt listen too much to that... its like “what i cant have, you cant have either”...

he_who_dares_wins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to check in with everyone here and see how long people have been on Oral minoxidil for?

Also, I recently watched one of 'Kevin Mann's videos where he speaks about the potential for serious heart problems from OM. Does anyone else know anything on this?
Bro that's exactly what I was going to post. I have been on it for 6 months, I started with 1mg and gradually went up to 5mg. Do you guys know if there is a discord server for OM?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not for too long... as for kevin mann, that dude talks down on everything he cant take personally... wouldnt listen too much to that... its like “what i cant have, you cant have either”...
Tbh I do actually rate his videos overall. He seems to take quite a scientific approach and gives a lot of information on everything in the industry.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro that's exactly what I was going to post. I have been on it for 6 months, I started with 1mg and gradually went up to 5mg. Do you guys know if there is a discord server for OM?
How its been so far in terms of results both positive and negative?

he_who_dares_wins

My Regimen
Reaction score
How its been so far in terms of results both positive and negative?
I can't source the tabs where I live in, hence I drink the liquid. Gotta say that I'm not pleased with the results. I'm pretty much where I was with the topical, but oral is far more comfortable. I had mild side effects that went away around the 2.5-3 months mark. I do feel some mild pain in my left chest from time to time, which is the reason why I'm a bit concerned with OM, especially in the long run, but it doesn't last long (10-15 seconds each time) and it happens less and less frequently. Also, I have slightly increased bpm, but that's expected, Ι guess.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh I do actually rate his videos overall. He seems to take quite a scientific approach and gives a lot of information on everything in the industry.
im not saying he is wrong about everything, actually he has some good information... he just isnt always neutral, thats all...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

It's a fine line but drinking topical reduces the Rx-issuing monopolies so of course they will say don't try this at home. You pays your money and you takes your chances and it makes a difference what state of life one is in.

My thought is that people on Duta/finasteride and HRT can eventually go off oral min for a while or maybe permanently once we get the hair restored. It might be that using oral min once daily makes topical work much better due to additional sulfurotransferase but I don't know the half-life or if there is synergy in that. So people can try just small amounts of oral min and still use topically once or twice daily.