Anyone Suicidal Over Their Loss? Curious.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think if you are suicidal over hair loss then you have a predisposition to feeling that way. Hair loss is obviously sad and depressing but if you want to kill yourself over it then you have probably struggled with suicide ideation or depression before.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji or whoever makes the cure will save a lot of lives (and will make a lot of money too).

I think pharma companies underestimate the amount of money that could be made with hairloss. Yeah I’ve heard the story about the Propecia and Merck but they still made hundreds of millions of dollars out of it. I’m sure here’s a lot or people who would rather have a full head of hair than brand new BMW for 50k euros.

Hairloss could be the chicken with golden eggs that nobody sees in the pharma industry cuz hairloss is somehow accepted in our society ( but it’s really not ).

Let’s be real here. In the age of Instagram and Facebook, the way you look is more important than ever. And it’s going to get worse.

Men suffer in silence. If you tell your friends about hairloss, everybody just say to grow a pair of bails and shave it off. Nobody understands the sh*t that comes with it until they have to deal with it themselves.

My father is like 60. He’s bald for 40 years and really does not give a flying f*** about how he looks. I once joked with him that I’ll buy him full head of hair when hair cloning will be available just to once see him like that. He was fully into it in the moment my words left my mouth. He was asking me when it’ll be available, how much would it cost etc... it was pretty funny and weird at the same time, because if you shame his bald head he always just laughed it off with the not-give-a-f*** attitude. Now, try to imagine how someone who’s 20 and is balding feels about this? With all the instagram and sh*t?

And I know it’s not a cancer, but the damage hairloss does to a man’s self-esteem and confidence is totally underrated in our society. They have no f*****g idea.

There’s a reason world is run by baldies, except in Hollywood.

Last edited:

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The world presents itself in shades of grey scale, rain is the only weather condition I feel most myself in.

This isn't living, can't shake this feeling. Lay me down to rest, there's nothing left in my chest; prep the Tulip bed.

I'm not suicidal, I'm merely an electronical cable enclosed in a rubber mesh, for the purpose of ensuring human safety & various building codes.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Its only one issue so its important not to focus on your negative issue too much. There are many other things to focus on. I have only vary minor recession but I have admired many bald men for various reasons, for being witty as f***, having an awesome body, a very good looking face, remarkable intellect, artistic skills, being good at a particular sport or skill, various reasons. Focus on improving other things. To be bald or not to be bald is not the only characteristic the world focuses on.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think if you are suicidal over hair loss then you have a predisposition to feeling that way. Hair loss is obviously sad and depressing but if you want to kill yourself over it then you have probably struggled with suicide ideation or depression before.

This. I think for most people hair loss is only part of depression not the cause. It's a serious point though because society in general doesn't see hair loss as a serious issue but if it's making guys (and girls) feel that bad then it is serious. Also most guys are too embarrassed to talk about how hair loss makes them feel.

Reaction score
I'm not entirely certain but the period of time I fantasized about suicide right down to the minutiae coincided with the same period that I had become deeply unsatisfied with my appearance.

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
used to be a depressed hat prisoner for years and i felt really sh*t, no goals or ambitions for the future.

then i went to turkey and got a transplant, burnt all my hats and it has turned my life around completely.

I know ive only bought myself some years before it might creep up on me again, but its all worth it to me. i dont take anything for granted anymore.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Totally ... I really want to die. Others told me I should be happy, because I'm a cancer survivor, and I will die because of an other one. But hair loss is the worst thing in my life. Without hair loss my life would be awesome, more money (it costs me a lot each month), a sex life (AA kills it), self confidence, ...
I just want to have my hair back, that's my only wish. I know it's crazy but that's the only thing that matters. When I came out from coma, my first thought was "how long have I been here, maybe I'm bald now". Hopefully it was only 2 weeks. And I took 4-6 pills (dutasteride) the last 2 weeks before cancer surgery. But without minoxidil I had an horrible shedding that lasted 6 months, a long nightmare that made me forget the stoma and others septicemias.
Yeah I'm really obsessed with my hair ... that's why I'm taking Cyproterone, Spironolactone, Dutasteride, Estradiol, Estrogel .... and it's not helping anymore. That's crazy ... I'm crazy.

And now I wear a cap every day ... even when I sleep. I told you, I'm crazy :D

Last edited:

av0

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm too much of a pussy to ever off myself but I'm certainly not enjoying life right now. My twenties so far have been miserable. I'm just praying my regime + eventual hair transplant can save me for ~10 years while I desperately wait for new advances in the field.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No but you may be when you realize how much time you lost over hair. I’ve been both suicidal in early stages of hair loss - mostly due to shock - and disappointed later on when medication gave me sides and wigs just didn’t do the trick. I have money for transplant and can’t have one because I am a diffuse case. And I’m not even 30.

But the worst thing is now that I slowly begin to detach myself from this “issue”. I realize how much time it ate from me and my life. Time I can’t have back and I struggle a bit to stay ahead of the game, people move on and so should I.

IMHO, you can bury it. You can never let it go and you will gladly heal it at first chance you get.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Totally ... I really want to die. Others told me I should be happy, because I'm a cancer survivor, and I will die because of an other one. But hair loss is the worst thing in my life. Without hair loss my life would be awesome, more money (it costs me a lot each month), a sex life (AA kills it), self confidence, ...
I just want to have my hair back, that's my only wish. I know it's crazy but that's the only thing that matters. When I came out from coma, my first thought was "how long have I been here, maybe I'm bald now". Hopefully it was only 2 weeks. And I took 4-6 pills (dutasteride) the last 2 weeks before cancer surgery. But without minoxidil I had an horrible shedding that lasted 6 months, a long nightmare that made me forget the stoma and others septicemias.
Yeah I'm really obsessed with my hair ... that's why I'm taking Cyproterone, Spironolactone, Dutasteride, Estradiol, Estrogel .... and it's not helping anymore. That's crazy ... I'm crazy.

And now I wear a cap every day ... even when I sleep. I told you, I'm crazy :D
Have you ever posted a pic of your hair? Sounds close to impossible that you are still losing ground.

Tim Smith

My Regimen
Reaction score
used to be a depressed hat prisoner for years and i felt really sh*t, no goals or ambitions for the future.

then i went to turkey and got a transplant, burnt all my hats and it has turned my life around completely.

I know ive only bought myself some years before it might creep up on me again, but its all worth it to me. i dont take anything for granted anymore.

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How has the hair transplant been for u was it good ?

Luckily finasteride worked for me and i pretty much maintained for years, but my hairline was already too damaged including having an abnormally huge forehead it just ruined my frame. So i went and sorted my hairline even though most people adviced against it, telling me i was too young (25 at the time, 27 now) if anything i wish i did it sooner.