Anyone Shed Hairline Hair On Propecia Get Regrowth?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Title says it all. Been on propecia almost two months and my temples have thinned about half an inch almost norwood 2.5 now and im only 19 FML.

Anyone had this happen and the hairs grow back? Please respond im very depressed but i plan to stick it out for at least 6 months. This thinning only happened in the last couple of weeks. So fast its scary...

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Start using minoxidil asap. It's your best chance at recovering the newly lost hairs.
They will grow n shed. Wish I would've used some sooner myself. Good luck

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does propecia actually cause temples to thin ??? Some say it grows it back so could it be that the temples were going to thin aggressively anyway ?

I dont think its supposed to but every day im noticing my temples creep even further backwards, this was NEVER the case before. It would take about 3 months for me to notice SLIGHT further recession but this has done about 8 months hairloss in 2 weeks... ill try upload pics to show but it for some reason it doesnt work on mobile devices.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Start using minoxidil asap. It's your best chance at recovering the newly lost hairs.
They will grow n shed. Wish I would've used some sooner myself. Good luck

I know you're only trying to help but it was members of this forum who recommended i get on propecia, 2 months in and my hairline is going to s#$t. Why would i want to chance minoxidil which is known for its shed when the chances of success are about 30%? No thank you. I'm gonna try stick it out for at least 6 months but i fear if i do i may be bald by the time i am 21 or 22... im bloody miserable.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Screenshot_2017-01-13-12-17-59.png This is from about 2 weeks agoScreenshot_2017-01-13-12-18-11.png This is from a few days ago

So here is finally proof that propecia CAN accelerate frontal recession. Never lost hair so fast in all my 5 years of hairloss... i really hope it grows back or stops. Good news is my shedding has drastically reduced in the last few days but my temples still seem to be getting worse. My temples today are already worse than the one from a few days ago and the recession is getting really hard to hide. Feeling pretty horrendous right now..

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you're only trying to help but it was members of this forum who recommended i get on propecia, 2 months in and my hairline is going to s#$t. Why would i want to chance minoxidil which is known for its shed when the chances of success are about 30%? No thank you. I'm gonna try stick it out for at least 6 months but i fear if i do i may be bald by the time i am 21 or 22... im bloody miserable.

Yes without something to stop your hair loss it's doubtful you will grow any hair.
Maybe just bald gracefully is the best you can hope for until you can find something that works for you.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes without something to stop your hair loss it's doubtful you will grow any hair.
Maybe just bald gracefully is the best you can hope for until you can find something that works for you.
To my knowledge finasteride/dutasteride is best for preventing further loss( apparently ) and minoxidil is all about the regrowth if you're a responder. What exactly is your point? If things get worse im gonna drop propecia and cut my losses. Today ive hardly shed at all so hopefully this is the beginning of me maintaining. Ill keep you all posted nonetheless.

Rakoczi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im having the same experience

I don't think the hair will ever come back

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

2 months isn't long enough time to worry.
Yes you will shed and regrow. Could take up to 2 years for full effect. Seems you're taking action early so you should do fine or at least you'll know you did all you can do.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat man. Except I'm on dutasteride and its been 14 months with my hairline receding. At the same time though treatment takes time and patience and I'm now certain that I'm shedding as I'm now noticing tons of hair on my pillows, laptop, desk ect. Like kidbako said 2 years it can take for full affect. Expect things to get worse before they get better is my way of seeing this.