Anyone Recover From Reflex Hyperandrogenicity??

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess you right but with minx I can't track the damage maybe gonna try it soon
Do you think getting back on finasteride 0.25 every other day after 3 weeks off could have a good effect?
Try from the least dose if it's not giving u any tingle r shed continue with tht for me dutasteride 0.25 works

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
More than reasonable. Flavonoids have poor bioavailability. Quercetin also inhibits the Wnt pathway, so even if you took a high enough dose to do anything it might do more harm than good.

I used dimethylcurcumin topically, and well I think it was helpful I couldn't keep using it due to the mess. It's a horrible neon yellow that stains everything.
I’ve looked into Dimethylcurcumin, and apparently the company developing it has been stuck doing nothing after their successful 2013 phase 2 trial of it being used as an acne topical. As far as I can they’re still in business, so what have they been doing :/

fxckfin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on another forum, and this guy had excessive hair loss, acne, oily skin, and had thick body hair from finasteride. He took Gingko Biloba and it completely stopped his hair shedding. But in turn, made his skin very dry, and gave him very thin body hair.

wondering if anyone tried this? Apparentely Gingko Biloba increase blood circulation to scalp and significantly reduces androgen receptors.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on another forum, and this guy had excessive hair loss, acne, oily skin, and had thick body hair from finasteride. He took Gingko Biloba and it completely stopped his hair shedding. But in turn, made his skin very dry, and gave him very thin body hair.

wondering if anyone tried this? Apparentely Gingko Biloba increase blood circulation to scalp and significantly reduces androgen receptors.
@fxckfin
would you please provide his method of application of Gingko Biloba, was it topically or ingested and what dosage he was using.

Would also provide a link so we can have a chat with this guy
Thanks
Amine

PiL

My Regimen
Reaction score

Sounds interesting, can you provide some more details, how did he use it (topical, oral) and what are the dosages it would really help

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, can you provide some more details, how did he use it (topical, oral) and what are the dosages it would really help
Gotta be oral, just go buy some at the supplement store and try it out.

fxckfin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't find the page. But it was on Propeciahelp forums. He said he took 120mg a day of Gingko Biloba for 4 weeks

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been off finasteride for about 8 months. I never recovered. When I took my first pill I was a norwood 1.5 with extremely thick hair. After that months of shedding hundreds and hundreds of thick hairs everyday. I finally quit taking it after 6 months of use. The shedding has never really stopped. I am here today as a norwood 2.5 with badly diffused hair and crown. I had never lost a single hair on my crown before finasteride. The first 2 months on finasteride I had already developed balding patches on my crown that I now have to comb over everyday. Finasteride truly ruined my hair
Did u quit cold turkey r tapered off?

PiL

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there Somthing new on this RH condition does someone have a success regimen to deal with it?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there Somthing new on this RH condition does someone have a success regimen to deal with it?
If people knew how to deal with the expression of AR receptors on the scalp they'd also basically have cured hairloss. If this condition actually exists it probably needs to sort itself out on it's own either by riding it out on finasteride or quitting the drug.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's basically what I've done, i've dropped the dosage and gone every 2-3 days. Shedding is still heavy 3 months in but scalp oil/acne has calmed down and my head isn't painful in the thinning areas as much.

I don't have any hopes to recover what I've lost though. I think my hope would be to maintain at best.
Has ur shedding stopped bro?

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my case, after 5 months of discontinuation (following a 6 month-course of microdosed topical finasteride (0,01%)), the shedding has normalized back to its pre-finasteride level.
My skin is clear with no acne (as it was before the experiment). My scalp itchiness and oiliness is normal too (I wash it every 4 days).

The density lost is not recovered though. I can share pictures if needed but my hair shorter now so it won't make much sense.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my case, after 5 months of discontinuation (following a 6 month-course of microdosed topical finasteride (0,01%)), the shedding has normalized back to its pre-finasteride level.
My skin is clear with no acne (as it was before the experiment). My scalp itchiness and oiliness is normal too (I wash it every 4 days).

The density lost is not recovered though. I can share pictures if needed but my hair shorter now so it won't make much sense.
I wonder if the topical is the root cause. I also started topical for a bit before getting back on the pills and it hasn't been more then a month or two since i stopped using the topical, which is when this all started.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s fair enough. Sometimes you have to weigh the risks and decide to go for it or don’t. I think what can help your case is really understanding why it happened. That’s why I think attacking hair loss using a different mechanism is worthwhile. You had a bad reaction to lower dht, so maybe don’t lower dht at all, but block androgens from reaching the receptor at all.

RU is dose dependent too, so the more you use the more it blocks. The good thing about this in your case is it your hyperandrogenicity acts up, you can increase the RU dose to counteract it. I’m not entirely sure, but I’d imagine there’s a natural limit to how much your body can upregulate sensitivity and it falls short of exogenous AR blocking.

I think in your case it’s your scalp undergoing shedding because of the inconsistent use of finasteride. Once your body hormones stabilize, your shedding should go down and the oiliness would go away too. Topical probably goes into the system slower too. September 1st is around 3 months ago so I’d imagine your shedding and hair should stabilize soon. Topical dutasteride is apparently really good for a once in a week type deal. It has a long half life in tissue so it doesn’t need to be as frequent
Hey Selb. Just reading over some of this. Shedding and scalp pain continues despite being 4-5 months in. Think I should be stopping finasteride? I'm not sure what else to do with this.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Selb. Just reading over some of this. Shedding and scalp pain continues despite being 4-5 months in. Think I should be stopping finasteride? I'm not sure what else to do with this.
Wait until the 6 month mark. If it continues, assess your hair and see if you’ve lost any ground. If so, stop it for a bit and see if the scalp pain and shedding go away. At that point you may be able to slowly start up again but at a smaller dose, working your way up to a 1 mg a day.

If you haven’t lost ground but your scalp still hurts/shedding still happens, I guess you can also stop and try to restart. It might fix it

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if the topical is the root cause. I also started topical for a bit before getting back on the pills and it hasn't been more then a month or two since i stopped using the topical, which is when this all started.

I've been wondering this as well but it really does not make sense.

What are your symptoms exactly? The common symptoms of RH (acne, oily skin and hair, itchy scalp, intense shedding and high libido)? Sorry I am too lazy to browse.

What's striking in your case is that finasteride has worked for you in the past.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait until the 6 month mark. If it continues, assess your hair and see if you’ve lost any ground. If so, stop it for a bit and see if the scalp pain and shedding go away. At that point you may be able to slowly start up again but at a smaller dose, working your way up to a 1 mg a day.

If you haven’t lost ground but your scalp still hurts/shedding still happens, I guess you can also stop and try to restart. It might fix it
I've lost 1NW + of ground, gone from frontal thinning only to thinning in the NW4 area and the hairline is pretty wrecked. My plan was to wait for 6 months (only 1 month away) but it's getting tough.