Anyone Recover From Reflex Hyperandrogenicity??

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve tried to overcome the RH by changing dosage/freq. of oral finasteride 1mg ED to EOD to .5 mg to low as .25 mg M W F only to mitigate this but to no avail. Ultimately going off it is what decreased it and I’m currently on topical finasteride for a year and no RH but not helping either.
For me duta 0.25 mg does not give any itch or shed....is it ok to use it...?

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey whats up man, Dude i feel you just do what ever you can to save your hair even when you go bald or not you will get that regret feeling thay maybe you could save your hair, hahaha women have no idea how hard it is to go bald.... try to get your zinc up dont forget vitamine D thats very important and there are natrual supliments out there wich blocks DHT a little bit i dont know the name, My hair is looking better now its getting longer also but still hair loss but the hairs that fall out are veryy small and thin dead hair my dark hairs are safe but the hairs that fall out 100-120 are hair that try to fight back and come back but in the 5 month taking that garbage drug it completely fucked those hairs, As you said to me some of it will grow back and some of it not you where completely right about that the hairs that cant grow back are just dead all i need to find out right now is how to get those hairs back, If i have any tips for you how to get your hair back or maybe i can get the name of the natrual supliment, Maybe go to the gym maybe you where very sensitivy to testostrone, Get a blood test maybe your very allergic to someting you eat check your testostrone maybe thats the problem maybe your test level is too high.
Dude how r u doing?...how is ur hair?

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In some cases I wonder if a good way around this is supplementing with test. I know it seems crazy but if you could exogenously provide a less harmful androgen like test and block dht, maybe AR upregulation wouldn’t happen. But of course a topical anti androgen might be needed too for the testosterone affecting your follicles. It’s a crazy enough idea to work but it’s risky because it may make your hair worse
Sorry to jump on this. Maybe this has already been discussed: T injections sounds risky. Why not recommanding and AR blocker (RU/CB for instance)? In theory, it could help. Has anyone who underwent RH ever tried it?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RH is technically possible to avoid by going for a different dosage/frequency of finasteride. If you aim for a hormonal sweet spot you can probably avoid upregulation by way of androgen depletion. There may be a threshold for which your body begins up regulating and depending on your genetics, cutting dht by 50% for example might be fine. But going more than might overcome the hair protective effect of finasteride
Thanks for the reply. Would that still be the case if I already had RH? I believe I developed it in may 2018, my hair has been getting worse since, is there anything that could help? Minoxidil + needling? And staying away from anti androgens?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to jump on this. Maybe this has already been discussed: T injections sounds risky. Why not recommanding and AR blocker (RU/CB for instance)? In theory, it could help. Has anyone who underwent RH ever tried it?
I’ve noticed people with RH use RU with mixed success. Ideally targeting the ARs should fix upregulation but sometimes it doesn’t. This is just an alternative solution.

Thanks for the reply. Would that still be the case if I already had RH? I believe I developed it in may 2018, my hair has been getting worse since, is there anything that could help? Minoxidil + needling? And staying away from anti androgens?

Could it not just be the progression of male pattern baldness which explains why your hair’s getting worse? Minoxidil and needling will regrow hair, but it’s masking the problem. You need to make sure androgens aren’t harming your hair follicles too

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve noticed people with RH use RU with mixed success. Ideally targeting the ARs should fix upregulation but sometimes it doesn’t. This is just an alternative solution.

Could it not just be the progression of male pattern baldness which explains why your hair’s getting worse? Minoxidil and needling will regrow hair, but it’s masking the problem. You need to make sure androgens aren’t harming your hair follicles too
Thank you, I appreciate the reply. Before taking finasteride I had only mild hairline recession and no diffuse or crown thinning. I also never shed hair. After 3 months of finasteride, my hair was shedding, began thinning, crown started becoming visible. This also coincided with an increase in face/body hair, mild gyno and also brain fog. I’m 99% sure that they are all in relation to one another and that I experienced RH.

If this was the case, do you know which medications could help me?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, I appreciate the reply. Before taking finasteride I had only mild hairline recession and no diffuse or crown thinning. I also never shed hair. After 3 months of finasteride, my hair was shedding, began thinning, crown started becoming visible. This also coincided with an increase in face/body hair, mild gyno and also brain fog. I’m 99% sure that they are all in relation to one another and that I experienced RH.

Do you have before and after pics? I ask because I need to see if it was just the normal progression of male pattern baldness or not. There is a possibility that finasteride can uptick your ARs temporarily and then stopping it would cause you to experience temporary shedding (Telogen Effluvium), which would accelerate your male pattern baldness. But if it’s RH, there’s no specific way to counter it. It’s something I’m looking into myself and what the research says. Unfortunately there’s not much out there about it.

Common sense though says that if your androgen receptors are sensitive to hormonal changes and that they actively regulate from changes to androgen levels, you should target the ARs directly. Try either keto 2% cream (weak) combined with microneedling, CB (stronger), or RU (binding affinity of testosterone).

There’s another regimen I’ve seen on here that targets hair loss using bi estro cream, keto cream, and microneedling. It was successful as far as I can tell. So it may be an option for you.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

This isnt RH, it's literally what happens for some when finasteride starts to work. Some are mild sides, but the shedding at 3 months is right on schedule for the drug working. You get a increase in T (acne, body hair) and some temporary shedding, gyno is the opposite effect. I know this for a fact because I actually got RH after restarting finasteride, and let me tell you it's a lot different then you are describing. My scalp was soaked, red, had acne and painful everyday, I lost hair by the handful.

I shed from month 3-9, recovered a bit then maintained for 6 years. Ran out and couldnt resupply due to covid and got fucked up.

Last edited:

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
This isnt RH, it's literally what happens for some when finasteride starts to work. Some are mild sides, but the shedding at 3 months is right on schedule for the drug working. You get a increase in T (acne, body hair) and some temporary shedding, gyno is the opposite effect. I know this for a fact because I actually got RH after restarting finasteride, and let me tell you it's a lot different then you are describing. My scalp was soaked, red, had acne and painful everyday, I lost hair by the handful.

I shed from month 3-9, recovered a bit then maintained for 6 years. Ran out and couldnt resupply due to covid and got fucked up.
Let us know if your RH calms down after continued use of finasteride. I have a feeling some cases of RH just require cycling out finasteride in lower doses until you hit a sweet spot

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This isnt RH, it's literally what happens for some when finasteride starts to work. Some are mild sides, but the shedding at 3 months is right on schedule for the drug working. You get a increase in T (acne, body hair) and some temporary shedding. I know this for a fact because I actually got RH after restarting finasteride, and let me tell you it's a lot different then you are describing.

I shed from month 3-9, recovered a bit then maintained for 6 years.
I’d tend to agree, if it wasn’t for the fact that I started growing hair all over my body after beginning finasteride use. Body hair growth is a bad sign when it comes to hair loss. Derek from MPMD wrote an article about it -

People who respond well to finasteride usually reported a decrease in body hair growth. Mine did the opposite

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have before and after pics? I ask because I need to see if it was just the normal progression of male pattern baldness or not. There is a possibility that finasteride can uptick your ARs temporarily and then stopping it would cause you to experience temporary shedding (Telogen Effluvium), which would accelerate your male pattern baldness. But if it’s RH, there’s no specific way to counter it. It’s something I’m looking into myself and what the research says. Unfortunately there’s not much out there about it.

Common sense though says that if your androgen receptors are sensitive to hormonal changes and that they actively regulate from changes to androgen levels, you should target the ARs directly. Try either keto 2% cream (weak) combined with microneedling, CB (stronger), or RU (binding affinity of testosterone).

There’s another regimen I’ve seen on here that targets hair loss using bi estro cream, keto cream, and microneedling. It was successful as far as I can tell. So it may be an option for you.
Thanks again for the response, I appreciate your help. I have some pictures from before finasteride use and after, but they are not very accurate as they were taken a long time apart and different length hair so it’s hard to tell.

I’m still looking for solutions. I still have a lot of hair left but it has thinned drastically. I had it in my head that I should stay away from AA’s, as they are what caused this in the first place. I was thinking of trying min + needling.

Is that what RH is? Hormonal changes? I still don’t fully understand the concept lol.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks again for the response, I appreciate your help. I have some pictures from before finasteride use and after, but they are not very accurate as they were taken a long time apart and different length hair so it’s hard to tell.

I’m still looking for solutions. I still have a lot of hair left but it has thinned drastically. I had it in my head that I should stay away from AA’s, as they are what caused this in the first place. I was thinking of trying min + needling.

Is that what RH is? Hormonal changes? I still don’t fully understand the concept lol.
RH is just a overreaction by the body to upregulate AR sensitivity because your overall androgen levels, dht, are lower. It happens sometimes. Bad RH is when it overcomes finasteride’s hair protective effects. That’s rare. So even if you experience an uptick of facial hair or acne, as long as your hair isn’t shedding worse it’s fine. But of course if your problem is really a rare form RH where it overcomes finasteride’s hair protective effects you need to try another angle at stopping androgens from hurting your hair.

Like I said, minoxidil and needling is just masking for androgens hurting your hair. Hair loss treatments that ignore androgens are possible but much less effective. You need heavy duty growth agonists like oral minoxidil, microneedling, castor oil, etc

Harleyj888

My Regimen
Reaction score

Have you had a blood test to see what your DHT levels are?

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk about you guys my before and after pics was a significant damn change how detrimental oral finasteride was to my hair.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
...Like I said, minoxidil and needling is just masking for androgens hurting your hair. Hair loss treatments that ignore androgens are possible but much less effective. You need heavy duty growth agonists like oral minoxidil, microneedling, castor oil, etc
Those heavy duty growth agonists are still masking androgen issues or am i missing something?

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RH is just a overreaction by the body to upregulate AR sensitivity because your overall androgen levels, dht, are lower. It happens sometimes. Bad RH is when it overcomes finasteride’s hair protective effects. That’s rare. So even if you experience an uptick of facial hair or acne, as long as your hair isn’t shedding worse it’s fine. But of course if your problem is really a rare form RH where it overcomes finasteride’s hair protective effects you need to try another angle at stopping androgens from hurting your hair.

Like I said, minoxidil and needling is just masking for androgens hurting your hair. Hair loss treatments that ignore androgens are possible but much less effective. You need heavy duty growth agonists like oral minoxidil, microneedling, castor oil, etc
Yesterday I took estradiol tablet...my scalp is tingling like crazy today...I think I'm done bro...nothing works if u have RH only my skin dried up cz of estrogen

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let us know if your RH calms down after continued use of finasteride. I have a feeling some cases of RH just require cycling out finasteride in lower doses until you hit a sweet spot
That's basically what I've done, i've dropped the dosage and gone every 2-3 days. Shedding is still heavy 3 months in but scalp oil/acne has calmed down and my head isn't painful in the thinning areas as much.

I don't have any hopes to recover what I've lost though. I think my hope would be to maintain at best.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d tend to agree, if it wasn’t for the fact that I started growing hair all over my body after beginning finasteride use. Body hair growth is a bad sign when it comes to hair loss. Derek from MPMD wrote an article about it -

People who respond well to finasteride usually reported a decrease in body hair growth. Mine did the opposite
Yeah, long term. Not sub 3 months in when there is a well documented spike in testosterone.