Anyone recentley bought black toppik ( looks really blue now

mickeyblueyes

Reaction score
Just purchased some black toppik and it looks really blue this time more than normal. have found out that its from a new batch. Has anyone esle noticed this? :lost: don't really wanna look like ive had a blue rinse. :freaked2:

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
f***

This better not be true. Mine is running low, should last me a while longer but I am going to have to buy a new one soon. Toppik has been a life saver for me for the past 4 years. I f*****g HATE ITTTTT when a company has a good product and then they f*** it up.

Seeing that this is an old thread and no one replied, maybe it's just your particular batch. Does it look blue in the can or just on your head? I actually think I noticed a similar thing before of a blue-ish hue but it disapeared after a few uses. Do you still notice it now?

I just checked their site and I notice they have a new spray applicator as well: http://toppik.com/maximizer_detail.asp. I've been raving about this device for as long as I can remember on this forum. You simply cannot use Toppik without this, I love it. I really like this new design, I might go ahead and buy it next time I need Toppik. The old version I have looks like one of those sprays that women use for perfume bottles with a large thingy that you squeeze at the end. It makes it hard to bring around for travel but it works great. This design looks much better/sleeker and less like some weird contraption in your bathroom cabinet or travel bag. I hope it works just the same though. Anyone have experiences with the old spray applicator vs the new one?

The other thing I don't fuckin get with this company is why can't they make their labels removable?? I swear.. what the hell are they thinking it's not like we're going to have this displayed for all people to see, do they think they're getting free marketing or something?

mickeyblueyes

Reaction score
Looks like it was just a faulty batch. although still awating on them to have a look at it themselfs Have received a replacement and thats fine just don't leave yourself to short as it took a few days to get a replacment so had to keep a low profile :shakehead: It was a giant one aswell and they had just got new stock in. will keep you posted on what the outcome is.

inthetube

Reaction score
Any of you guys used K-Max fibres from what I've heard there getting really good reviews from our customers.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
No, have never tried K-max. After my horrible experience with Kerasome, I've stuck with Toppik since then and I find it perfect for the hair line.

I am thinking of switching to XFusion, which is really the EXACT same thing as Toppik (same manufacturer Spencer Forrest) except the bottle looks much cooler. More like a product that someone my age might use as opposed to the Toppik bottle. Even if the fibers are different(which I doubt) I'll just use Toppik then in this bottle and same exact spray applicator. The bad thing is that their site does not sell it.. you have to find this on eBay and amazon. I swear these people at Spencer Forrest... it's almost like they don't want people to buy their products.

fibers_main.jpg

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks, but that product does not seem to come with a spray applicator such as this:

applicator_main.jpg

I've really had great results with toppik so far and see no need to switch. I'm also leery of companies that only have an overseas website?

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the US and you screw the applicator cap onto the XFusion bottle where the fibers are. This is the SAME exact bottle/spray applicator that Toppik has, it's just a different design that I like better.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
yes, this pump is actually a new design that I have not tried yet, the old one i still have looks similar to this:

a407_1.JPG

but the new design looks much better can't wait to try it.

LeesHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I get it looks the same products as Spencer Forrest's but how do you know it's made by the same people?