Anyone know where I can buy a small, cheap wheel chair?

CCS

Reaction score
I don't want a hospital sized one with handles behind it. Just a small portable one I can easily store or set aside when I get where I'm going, or put behind a friend's car seat instead of trying to fit it in the trunk.

My ankle has really been hurting lately, and I'd like to stay off it as much as possible for a week or so so it can heal.

I've looked around online, and most are $300 or more. I'd kind of like to get one under $99.

Thanks.

CCS

Reaction score
It is so dehumanizing how every wheel chair has handles on the back. They might as well put a big sign on them that says, "I need you to help push me. I incapable of taking care of myself." I just want something small, with big enough wheels I can grab them myself, and no handles on the back, with a backrest that only comes up to mid-back.

I saw something similar to that, and it was $2,500. The ones with the huge neon "help me" sign in back start at $99. F*cked up, no? I swear when I get my business going, I'll find a way to put better wheel chairs on the market at a decent price.

CCS

Reaction score
Craigslist only has the push from behind ones. Maybe I'm getting offended too easily and should just buy a big wheeled one even if it has handles. Or maybe I should buy one, and then cut the handles off with a hack saw. I could cut the seat shorter too. I just need a narrow one.

I don't need my own factory to build them either. I'll buy kid's wheel chairs, so they are the right size for a non-obese adult. I'll get them in bulk for cheap. And then I'll cut off the handles and cut down the seat so they look OK. then I'll smooth the cuts, put on endcaps, fold over and sue the seat, and take a picture and sell them for a $50 proffit on craigslist, or on my own website with shipping. I'll make a fortune until somenone else catches on.

CCS

Reaction score
I found a new one with 18 inch seat for $75. I suspect I'd be better off with a thinner one, but I need it soon.

yvakin

Banned
Reaction score
Have You had a surgery on your ankle? IMO try to use a cane and loads of pain killers instead of wheel chair(worked out pretty good for me so far :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ). I thought about getting a wheel chair or walker ones but i think it's too embarrassing at 23.

CCS

Reaction score
I got my wheel chair. Brand new, small. I think it is 18 inches, the guy said. Maybe it is 16. Who knows. But it is the right size. Turns out the handles in back make it much easier to carry to my apartment. The guy wanted $75, but I gave him $80 since I felt sorry for him for his dad dying, and did not want to go get change.

I wheeled myself to the computer room, past all the sunbathing college students, who were bumbing their sexy music.

Very good muscle workout. I was surprised how much it works my triceps. It works my triceps and chest more than rowing works my back and biceps. If anyone asks me why I'm using it, I'll tell them I just like the arm workout.

It is difficult to ride on a slanted sidewalk. It keeps going to one side, and I have to apply the break to the other side. I'll get used to it though. It is actually a normal sized wheel chair, maybe a bit smaller than average, but still pretty portable.

CCS

Reaction score
IMO, no one looks down on someone in a wheel chair, especially if you look physically fit and racing that thing around with your strong arms.

Now if you got the leg rests going, and are just sitting around in it waiting for someone to push you, then that does look bad. The way I was throwing those wheel rails, I bet most people thought I was just using it for an upper body workout. I even had to stand up for a few short distances to get it up some stairs or over some curbs.

yvakin

Banned
Reaction score
CCS said:
IMO, no one looks down on someone in a wheel chair, especially if you look physically fit and racing that thing around with your strong arms.

Now if you got the leg rests going, and are just sitting around in it waiting for someone to push you, then that does look bad. The way I was throwing those wheel rails, I bet most people thought I was just using it for an upper body workout. I even had to stand up for a few short distances to get it up some stairs or over some curbs.

Who can be that crazy to think that you using your wheel chair for an upper body workout nor who can be that crazy to use wheel chair for an upper body workout??? :shakehead:

CCS said:
Now if you got the leg rests going, and are just sitting around in it waiting for someone to push you, then that does look bad.
Thats the way most people on a wheel chair looks like and it's not because they are too lazy to do their "upper body workout" but because they are crippled.

s.a.f

Reaction score
CLASSIC CCS :punk: :)

CCS said:
I wheeled myself to the computer room, past all the sunbathing college students, who were bumbing their sexy music.
(Man, I can see it now)
First guy:"Hey was that CCS .... in a wheelchair ?!?!"
2nd guy:(sighs) - "Yep,"

CCS said:
If anyone asks me why I'm using it, I'll tell them I just like the arm workout.
Of course, ... cant think why more people are'nt using them. :hump:

I would pay $$$ for a picture of him using it. :uglylol:

cuebald

Reaction score
It's probably good to give your ankle a rest while it heals (and caning painkillers won't make it heal quicker in my experience)

but using a wheelchair for an upper arm workout? :laugh: at least if you tell people that, they might think you had a very sharp sense of humour :punk:

s.a.f

Reaction score
CCS said:
The way I was throwing those wheel rails, I bet most people thought I was just using it for an upper body workout. I even had to stand up for a few short distances to get it up some stairs or over some curbs.

[youtube:3gx82dqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZST8qOCo-8[/youtube:3gx82dqc]

cuebald

Reaction score
rofl...
I can just imagine CCS wheeling himself into a computer lab, getting everyone to open doors for him etc... then right at the end he wheels to a Coke machine and stands up to put his coins in.
"Oh, I'm not really disabled, I'm just using it to try to get my arms upto 15 inches. I'd ask you out if my arms were only 12 inches in size, but you're only a 6.8."

I don't think people who are really disabled are going to like you much CCS..

ali777

Reaction score
Why not use crutches?

I personally prefer crutches to a wheel chair. I never used either, but I had sprained ankles some years ago and I seriously thought of using crutches.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA - This is the second most funniest thread CCS has done. Second to the one where he 'I put stuff up my rear end' a*** sex thread.

oni

Reaction score
It was a screw driver handle and it was covered in a plastic bag! :whistle:

Please tell me someone has still got that photoshop pic of CCS peaking around a door with a screw driver in his mouth.

s.a.f

Reaction score
That was hairwegoagain and his CCS photoshops.
AToiletStallsEdit-1.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
I just took that one from searching Hairwegoagains posts but he has over 1000 posts so you'll have to search if you want to find them.