Anyone Here On Long Term Ru58841 Use?

el_duterino

Reaction score
stemox is not sold in my country so i either buy from ebay or have friends send me some from Europe, especially when they have a sale like 3 boxes for the price of 2 etc..

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep RU can have systemic effects as it has a serum half life of an hour - enough to cause some systemic effect, especially at high dosage

The good news is that we have a new drug called Clascoterone aka CB or CB 03-01, same mode of action and similar or slightly better strength as RU, but without the systemic effects of RU.

I use CB myself after close to 10 years on RU and I am impressed. It is made by the same folks making RU so ordering etc..is similar, but its more expensive..for now. Mixes with ethanol/pg or even better in Neogenic, a interesting hair loss fighting drug bringing another angle to the fight.

What dose of RU were you using when you got systemic effects? I'm thinking of switching from finasteride to RU and am looking to try 50mg per day. Do you think it is likely to get systemic effects with that dose even without using dermaroller? I'm only looking for maintenance tbh. I'm still in school right now so cant afford CB but will def switch to that when I get out and get a job.

freebiefan

My Regimen
Reaction score

cbddreams

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean the product vichy dercos neogenic (https://www.vichy-me.com/en-us/Hair-care/NEOGENIC-Daily-Monodose-Treatment-DERCOS/p11565.aspx), or something else? Cause I looked up older threads for neogenic and reviews are not that good. Are you only using it as a vehicle?

I buy Garnier Fructis Stemoxydine Neogenic from ebay as it seems like the best value. If anyone can find a cheaper source please share. RU dissolves in seconds and it's worked great for the last 2 years using it

cbddreams

My Regimen
Reaction score
CB or RU on its own is more effective than dutasteride alone for hairline loss as it blocks T as well as DHT
of course dutasteride + CB will be more effective but it may be just overkill for maintenance - i stopped dutasteride 9 years ago and have kept my hair on RU and minoxidil alone then CB and Stemox/minoxidil

If I were to stop using dutasteride also, what amount of CB in Stemox would you recommend? After adding 20mg RU to my dutasteride and min regimen the results were really good, so I'm hoping just CB (or RU) alone will be enough to maintain like you've managed for the last 9 years.

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am pretty sure he buys from Kane like most people on here, I have used Anagen Inc for RU58841.

https://anageninc.com/

If I get the 30ml do I use KB or PG carrier? Or if I get the CB powder how do I mix and apply? And how do I apply the RU? I have fairly minimal slow recession along my hairline but I want to catch it early. This would be my only treatment beside nutrafol. Let me know, thanks!

jazz1

Reaction score
If I get the 30ml do I use KB or PG carrier? Or if I get the CB powder how do I mix and apply? And how do I apply the RU? I have fairly minimal slow recession along my hairline but I want to catch it early. This would be my only treatment beside nutrafol. Let me know, thanks!

Hey I can’t help you on this as I am a Noob on this whole mixture, there are threads on search or post a fresh thread asking the more senior members for guidance.

Koolbite

My Regimen
Reaction score
About both RU and CB wouldn't it make sense that guys receding on the temples have to apply either product on less surface and therefore apply less quantity than those that have diffuse thinning ?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you buy CB (message me)? Is it still considered better than RU? I'm on RU and I feel I need something stronger.