Anyone Here Also With Retrograde Alopecia Having Success With Treatments?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have any users here who have male pattern baldness as well as Retrograde Alopecia had maintenance or regrowth from hair loss treatments?
From what I've seen people with retrograde don't respond as much and as well as people who have regular male pattern baldness. Anyone want to break this trend I'm seeing? I got retrograde on both sides of my head and a little on my donor. Also have had very little success despite numerous aggressive treatments.

yourworld001

Established Member
Reaction score
Your taking tranny drugs what do you expect, you've probably fucked up your hormones - tranny regimes are usually done under the inspection of a doctor who checks your hormone levels.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your taking tranny drugs what do you expect, you've probably fucked up your hormones - tranny regimes are usually done under the inspection of a doctor who checks your hormone levels.
Nice use of derogatory terms. I may not know my exact hormonal profile right now but its definitely not fucked up. Thanks for completely ignoring the whole point of my post too :rolleyes:

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure you have retrograde alopeica sometimes hair can appear thinner depending on lighting and haircut/length, can you post pictures of your hairloss?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shookwon or whatever that guy’s name is
Yeah I'm aware of him, but he is pretty much the only guy I know of who responded to meds while having retrograde alopecia.. Hoping more people will say they did too.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure you have retrograde alopeica sometimes hair can appear thinner depending on lighting and haircut/length, can you post pictures of your hairloss?
I definitely have retrograde. The hair on the sides of my head is significantly thinner than the rest of my hair. Some hairs are even so thin they are transparent
Look at the last two pics of my opening post on this thread, I didn't put concealer on there. Its pretty obvious its thin and that's in natural lighting.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...nealer-does-this-look-below-norwood-2.115249/

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
With a quick google search I’m seeing some success reports with duta

Honestly maybe we should both try duta lol

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
With a quick google search I’m seeing some success reports with duta

Honestly maybe we should both try duta lol
I am tempted, but I'm also scared in case it destroys my hairline.. finasteride hurt my hairline so theoretically dutasteride would do the same, only worse. The only reason I'm considering it now is because I'm on Cyproterone Acetate and any extra test that would be floating around due to dutasteride would be nuked.

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am tempted, but I'm also scared in case it destroys my hairline.. finasteride hurt my hairline so theoretically dutasteride would do the same, only worse. The only reason I'm considering it now is because I'm on Cyproterone Acetate and any extra test that would be floating around due to dutasteride would be nuked.

Seems some people who don’t respond to propecia respond to duta...

Honestly if I don’t respond to seti I’m thinking gonna try duta and just shave my head for a year. Then stop shaving and see what grows back lol

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems some people who don’t respond to propecia respond to duta...

Honestly if I don’t respond to seti I’m thinking gonna try duta and just shave my head for a year. Then stop shaving and see what grows back lol
Not a bad idea If you don't mind the shaved/buzz look. I would try seti and dutasteride at the same time for a double whammy effect.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
AnxiousAndy I feel bad for you. Now you are worried about imaginary retrograde alopecia.