Anyone heard of CHRONIC T.E???

Rozzy252

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
well the wedding went well. My hair looked good with extensions in it. This week however...I am shedding like crazy....probably the cement they put in my existing hair for the wedding contributed.
Anyways, On Tuesday I went for my scalp biopsy. He took a punch gun and took 3mm out of my scalp. ( he froze me first of course). Now I've got a nice thick scab towards the front. The biopsy will be sent to a pathologist/dermatologist who will examine and hopefully come up with some conclusion.

My derm thinks I have T.E. but a CHRONIC form of it. It doesn't help me because it can last for years. Does anyone have a similiar diagnosis??
My hair is thinning all over, although I have preservation of the hairline in the front like A.G.A. but its shedding rapidly. It is thinner in the front but the rest of the scalp is catching up...I can put my finger on the back of my head and feel the coldness of my finger touch my scalp. There
is definitly less hair.
Anyways, any input would be great......
thank you,
Rozzy

totaldispHAIR

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Rozzy,

Congrats on the wedding!!!! I know you were so worried about what you were going to do with your hairloss...I bet you looked absolutely gorgeous!

I know for me personally, when I'm under stress, I see a corrolation of increased shedding a few weeks after the stress starts. When we bought our house, I was fine for the first few weeks and then bam! Major shedding. So, you may be experiencing some of that post-wedding...also because I think Telogen Effluvium can be stress-induced.

Did you try posting to keratin.com? Put attn: Kevin and the topic in the subject line. He's the admin of the site and has really good information. I think I saw some past posts on chronic Telogen Effluvium on his site.

Good luck. Can't wait for you to get your pictures back from the wedding!

Rozzy252

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Girls!!!
Its been so long. Yes the wedding was fabulous, my hairdresser worked wonders so that I could have an updo. I wish I could upload a pic to show you all. My hair has been coming out in clumps post wedding...but what you say makes sense. The bulk of this wedding stess was felt a little over 3 weeks ago. I was stressed and crying about my hair everyday...and now boom....its falling out. I swear I've lost about 30% of my hair this year. I'm still trying for a baby though...so far no luck.
Anyways, thank you for the link Lilith and totalDis.... I actually haven't checked out kerritin.com yet... I'm on my way as soon as I'm done here. Total DispHair, how is your hair doing by the way now?????

take care
Rozzy

totaldispHAIR

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Rozzy,

Thanks for asking. My loss is still up and down, but my outlook on it has improved greatly. I posted twice about my visits with Dr. Vera Price, and she has hope for me, says she thinks that what I had was Telogen Effluvium. It doesn't explain why I'm still shedding a lot in the shower (my twice-a-month shed collections shows that my shed levels are normal)...I just got done washing my hair and lost a lot more than normal. I can see some regrowth sticking up on top of my head, so, I haven't lost hope, just kind of going along for the ride for now. It'll be icing on the cake if it ever grows back to the thickness it was before...but I will be satisfied if I can get the shower sheds to stop.

TD