Anyone Hear Of, Or Use "adjust A Bond"?

Noah

Reaction score
It's just 99% alcohol plus scent. Put some alcohol in a spritz bottle and it will do the same thing.

esc2000

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can this work with white glues and lace? If so, does it weaken the long term bond?

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, it works equally well for them, and no, it evaporates quickly at body temperature leaving no residue and no ill-effects on the bond.

esc2000

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you Noah. Given these properties, is there any reason that most wearers seem to not use this method? Any down sides? Or is it just lack of awareness / already experts at attaching and don't need it?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use it sometimes. It's less harsh than 99% isopropyl and due to the scent is more pleasant to work with.

I only use it after the glue is ready for attachment, to allow myself an extra 60 seconds or so to move the piece into the correct position.

I also use it for hairline clean-ups, again it's less harsh than the isopropyl.

esc2000

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use it sometimes. It's less harsh than 99% isopropyl and due to the scent is more pleasant to work with.

I only use it after the glue is ready for attachment, to allow myself an extra 60 seconds or so to move the piece into the correct position.

I also use it for hairline clean-ups, again it's less harsh than the isopropyl.

What concerns you about the "harshness" of 99%?