anyone have trouble with rogaine what other options are ther

rita

Reaction score
hi all

thanks to maya and laura
i have my homones tested everything came out normal .my testosterone was 52 the lab says its normal i read somewhere that below 40 is normal i dont know ,im using rogaine i see some small minute hairs sprouting out but my mid crown portion of scalp is visible now.im freaking ithcing on my scalp i cant stop scrathing which leads to ugly flaking it is so so so embrassing for me pl let me know if any one knows anyother options for hair loss.im just 30 now and this is too much for me to accept hairloss i cannot concentrate on anything and i feel ashamed to face other people i dont know what to do im planning to go to school but scared whether others will make fun of me but without schooling i cannot make a decent living im confused and heart broken
i want to thank laura and maya for your reply thanks for support
rita

mayalopecia

Reaction score
hormones, rogaine, school

Hi Rita,

(((BIG HUGS)))) to you, sweetie. I am sorry that you are struggling with this right now. Hopefully with us here and the options you have available, you can get some hair and some confidence back!

First of all, the rogaine irritation may subside with continued use. This was the case with me, and I have heard several other women say the same thing. In the meantime, you have two options for improving the scalp situation.

• 1.Tricomin is a treatment designed to stimulate hair growth through the use of copper peptides, it can also soothe the minoxidil-ravaged scalp. Read more about it here:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/productrevi ... /index.htm

2. Emu oil is an anti-inflammatory that may help with rogaine irritation as well.

Your testosterone is on the high end of normal for an ovulating woman, not using birth control, according to my lab's ranges. If you can, you might want to get a second opinion on your bloodwork, but you are most likely fine.

If you are planning to go to school, do not let hair loss stop you. Regardless of your appearance, an education is essential to moving up in the world. Schools will not discriminate against you because you have hair loss, and you deserve to be able to do whatever you can to take care of yourself in life. In college you may find that most students are too absorbed in their own work to worry about how much hair you have on your head, and there's always caps and scarves if you feel you can't handle it.

Cheers,

-maya