Anyone Have Success With Finasteride Or Minoxidil While Vaping/smoking?

no_legend

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve come across some info that nicotine increases DHT levels and constricts blood flow, which can increase hair loss in those experiencing male pattern baldness. I’m a habitual vaper and wondering if the nicotine will nullify the effects of finasteride and minoxidil.

Thanks.

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve come across some info that nicotine increases DHT levels and constricts blood flow, which can increase hair loss in those experiencing male pattern baldness. I’m a habitual vaper and wondering if the nicotine will nullify the effects of finasteride and minoxidil.

Thanks.

This is something I'm interested in hearing too. I'm a hardcore vaper and finasteride and minoxidil haven't helped out my hairloss whatsoever. I'm at the point where I might just quit nicotine and see if that slows my hairloss

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is something I'm interested in hearing too. I'm a hardcore vaper and finasteride and minoxidil haven't helped out my hairloss whatsoever. I'm at the point where I might just quit nicotine and see if that slows my hairloss
Same here. On finasteride and min for 11 months and still losing ground. I think I’m vaping more than ever because of it. Wondering if quitting will help but concerned my anxiety and stress will skyrocket. Would love to hear of any scientific research on this besides what we already know (nicotine restricts blood circulation). The question is does it inhibit the effects of finasteride and min and if so how much?

no_legend

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here. On finasteride and min for 11 months and still losing ground. I think I’m vaping more than ever because of it. Wondering if quitting will help but concerned my anxiety and stress will skyrocket. Would love to hear of any scientific research on this besides what we already know (nicotine restricts blood circulation). The question is does it inhibit the effects of finasteride and min and if so how much?

From what I’ve read it increases DHT levels by 10-20%. Not sure if that study was done on humans or canines.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can get vape juice with no nicotine. I honestly don't find any difference. Danny ruddy talked about the PG being an issue. There's a video on YouTube. Just do a search

Thanks.

AttermaLim

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never tried Finasteride or Minoxidil, and I don`t recommend you either. I’ve come across some info that nicotine increases DHT levels and constricts blood flow, which can increase hair loss in those experiencing male pattern baldness. I would rather use my vape instead of this. I quit smoking cigarettes two years ago, when I discovered vape, and till now, I have never smoked a cigarette.

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never tried Finasteride or Minoxidil, and I don`t recommend you either. I’ve come across some info that nicotine increases DHT levels and constricts blood flow, which can increase hair loss in those experiencing male pattern baldness. I would rather use my vape instead of this. I quit smoking cigarettes two years ago, when I discovered vape, and till now, I have never smoked a cigarette.
You realize vapes have nicotine.....

el_duterino

Reaction score
You can make you own vape juice easily, and with no nicotine..and no PG, which has its own bad side effects

AxelBlackburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
When it comes to vaping and its impact on DHT levels and blood flow, there is some research suggesting a link between nicotine and these factors. However, the extent of this impact can vary from person to person. That's why it's crucial to consult with a healthcare professional who can provide tailored advice based on your specific situation.