anyone have any results with tricomin?

evolutionary

Reaction score
It really depends on who and what sources you believe in regards to the science behind Tricomin. I read one source that said that Tric's clinical trials proceeded through Phase I and Phase II but never pursued Phase III because they didn't see enough results to make them want to pursue the considerably larger Phase III trials.

The other source I read said that the makers of Tric simply don't have the funding currently to conduct the aforementioned extensive Phase III trials. That is why as of now, the makers have chosen just to label Tric as a cosmetic product. Reports from the Phase II results say that Tric was about as effective as 2% minoxidil, so take that for what it's worth.

The maker of Folligen, who originally designed Tricomin before leaving, claims to have significantly more copper peptides in his formula than Tric. When I last used it, though, it left a nasty green tinge to everything it touched when it was in your hair/scalp.

I think when I finish the bottle of Tric I am using now, I will stop, and switch to spironolactone.

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
It works for me, I can't speak for anyone else.

I've used minoxidil in the past, but I'm just not keen on the idea of minoxidil-dependent hairs. I like the fact that the copper peptides and finasteride are working together (apparently synergistically) to attack the cause of hairloss, and as a longterm approach I prefer that to the offset of growth that minoxidil provides, although I totally understand why someone would use minoxidil.

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
evolutionary said:
The maker of Folligen, who originally designed Tricomin before leaving, claims to have significantly more copper peptides in his formula than Tric.

That's probably true, but the research shows that certain specific sequences of copper peptides are more effective than others (like the kind in Tricomin). The CP's in folligen are developed through an essentially random process, although its true it is cheaper and thus yields more CP's you can slam on your scalp.

JWM

Reaction score
I've used minoxidil in the past, but I'm just not keen on the idea of minoxidil-dependent hairs.

If you stop using Tricomin you will lose any gains you made from that as well. The same is true of ANY treatment other than a transplant or a wig.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
JWM said:
I've used minoxidil in the past, but I'm just not keen on the idea of minoxidil-dependent hairs.

If you stop using Tricomin you will lose any gains you made from that as well. The same is true of ANY treatment other than a transplant or a wig.

Or castration! :)

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM said:

Right, of course. But my issue with minoxidil is there's really no other treatment like it - the offset of growth it provides is pretty much its own domain and when the treatment starts to lose effectiveness it's taking its ball and going home (and all the hair it grew with it). Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but with some of the other treatments discussed, you can switch to a stronger treatment (ie. finasteride -> Dutasteride), or apply more potent topicals to inhibit DHT (ex. spironolactone)... or if by some crazy miracle a 'cure for hairloss' is invented it should theoretically save what you've been able to preserve with the current treatments. I'm not entirely sure that applies for hair grown on minoxidil.

Again, I totally understand why some would choose to use minoxidil (I used it myself for about 2 years)... it's just not where I want to spend my money and time in the hairloss battle in the long-term. I'd rather not have the extra growth from minoxidil and rather spend the $ to more aggressively treat the hair I can save with antiandrogens.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
treadstone said:
I think Rogaine leads to more growth than Propecia, but since it doesn't fundamentally slow/stop the balding process Propecia probably trumps Rogaine overall.

I like to think of it this way: Rogaine is probably better than Propecia (simply in terms of increased hairgrowth per square centimeter of scalp where it's applied) in the short-term, whereas Propecia is definitely better than Rogaine in the long-term, and that's for the reason you've already explained very nicely.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
evolutionary said:
Tread -- good stuff on the Folligen process, I didn't know that.

You're new here, aren't you? :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
treadstone said:
Once my Revivogen shampoo bottle runs out, I'm also going to switch to the Tricomin shampoo. It's cheaper and I think there's a better shot it will actually help the scalp a bit. I've read anecdotal reports on the web of people who have used the shampoo and had gray hairs have their pigmentation return... an indication that the active ingredients are in some way improving the scalp condition. Whether the Revivogen shampoo is doing anything (aside from smelling great and feeling good) is anyone's guess :dunno: .

Personally, I wouldn't even take Tricomin shampoo and Revivogen shampoo seriously as hairloss treatments, because I strongly doubt that they have enough of any of their active ingredients to make much of a difference. The only shampoos I would take seriously for treating male pattern baldness would be NANO and Nizoral.

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
treadstone said:
Once my Revivogen shampoo bottle runs out, I'm also going to switch to the Tricomin shampoo. It's cheaper and I think there's a better shot it will actually help the scalp a bit. I've read anecdotal reports on the web of people who have used the shampoo and had gray hairs have their pigmentation return... an indication that the active ingredients are in some way improving the scalp condition. Whether the Revivogen shampoo is doing anything (aside from smelling great and feeling good) is anyone's guess :dunno: .

Personally, I wouldn't even take Tricomin shampoo and Revivogen shampoo seriously as hairloss treatments, because I strongly doubt that they have enough of any of their active ingredients to make much of a difference. The only shampoos I would take seriously for treating male pattern baldness would be NANO and Nizoral.

Not only that, I doubt its on the scalp to make a difference.

I am a long time fairly consistent copper peptide user and I only feel it is useful for scalp health. And wow does it make your hair grow fast.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Not only that, I doubt its on the scalp [long enough] to make a difference.

I assume you meant to say "long enough" in that comment! :)

Dr. Proctor was regularly being asked about that on alt.baldspot, and he continues to maintain that NANO Shampoo is effective (see the before-and-after pictures of shampoo users on his Web site). In fact, he's even said that NANO Shampoo is probably the most cost-effective of all his products! :shock:

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Cassin said:
Not only that, I doubt its on the scalp [long enough] to make a difference.

I assume you meant to say "long enough" in that comment! :)

Dr. Proctor was regularly being asked about that on alt.baldspot, and he continues to maintain that NANO Shampoo is effective (see the before-and-after pictures of shampoo users on his Web site). In fact, he's even said that NANO Shampoo is probably the most cost-effective of all his products! :shock:

Yes sorry that's what I meant to say. Thank you.

Withnail

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using Tricomin SPRAY (and before that American Crew Revitalize until they changed the formula from Copper Peptides to Copper Gluconate) pretty much every day for the past 3 years.

Anyway, before I started using the copper peptides I was going through the absolute monster shed from hell, It was relentless and went on for weeks and weeks.

Possible a coincidence, but the CP seemed to stop the shed pretty much immediatley for me, and it hasn't returned...YET!

However I've never made any big gains (grew hair) from using it.

I've been on Finasteride since 2001, I tried Minoxidil for about 2 days but that was enough for me not to commit to that lifelong route (cosmetically bad) though I do appreciate the foams here which is supposed to be 100% better.

I think the Ticomin has definatley helped get things under control along with the finasteride, and I'm happy to use it forever. I go through about 3 or 4 bottles a year, and just apply it once a day after a shower, on a damp scalp to hopefully help with the absorption.

I remember reading Dr Loren Pickarts website http://www.skinbiology.com the guy who came up with this stuff and he said it could also reverse/stop Fibrosis, you know that scar slick type appearance to a big norwoods nogging and I just thought, if it all goes it'd be nice not to have that!

Anyway, sorry for the long post, got a bit carried away there, why not just try it?