Anyone Had Success Without Finasteride?

Jtay151

Reaction score
My hair starting thinning at the temples a bit when I was 22. I ignored it by shaving my head constantly but now I’m 24 and as my hair grows out I noticed the entire front section is thinning.

Just order minoxidil and Nizarol which will be my first attempt to save my hair. I could get on finasteride but I’m nervous about sides.

How bad would you say this thinning is? Has anyone else had success in stopping hair loss without finasteride?

If not, how much has finasteride helped you?

Attachments

• 44A61D13-40BE-4253-BAAD-938A1253582B.jpeg
    44A61D13-40BE-4253-BAAD-938A1253582B.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 424

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
The ppl here that just say GO ON FINASTERIDE to everyone need to stfu. So annoying.

There are people that do fine without finasteride. Using minoxidil, Nizoral, scalp massage, dermarolling may all help or be enough (it is for many people). You have enough hair to try these alternatives. If this does not help in 3-6 months then do not be scared to take finasteride, .25mg/day.

Reactions: Emu

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The ppl here that just say GO ON FINASTERIDE to everyone need to stfu. So annoying.

There are people that do fine without finasteride. Using minoxidil, Nizoral, scalp massage, dermarolling may all help or be enough (it is for many people). You have enough hair to try these alternatives. If this does not help in 3-6 months then do not be scared to take finasteride, .25mg/day.
But minoxidil and nizoral don't solve the root cause, its just delaying the inevitable:(

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
But minoxidil and nizoral don't solve the root cause, its just delaying the inevitable:(

The root cause is debatable. Before anyone asks if I think DHT is not related the answer is yes, I think it is related but not the CAUSE...there are obviously many factors in hair loss.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The root cause is debatable. Before anyone asks if I think DHT is not related the answer is yes, I think it is related but not the CAUSE...there are obviously many factors in hair loss.
No I completely agree, I didn't word my post properly. There's definitely other factors involved that haven't been identified yet, but DHT is a biggie.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If dht acts as a free radical to cause miniturization on dht senstive follicles why doesnt male pattern baldness ever occur before puberty? What would cause the follicles to become dht sensitive at a certain point in a mans life and not from birth because men always have dht even before puberty but just less
I have no idea. I'd imagine it's happened at least once though. All I know is I have almost no DHT or even testosterone in my body and my male pattern baldness is continuing fast. I was expected it to at the very least stop balding but nope, far from it. There's obviously other causes too.