Anyone Had Luck With Any Hair Growth Supplements?

noblokeaboutit

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been seeing lots of ads online for supplements from nutrafol, folliclefuel and others. Has anyone tried any of these? I don't see a downside to taking some extra vitamins, but wondered if they're worth it.

noblokeaboutit

My Regimen
Reaction score
the ingredients in the supplements I've looked at don't seem like they would cause any side effects, just a load of vitamins really

el_duterino

Reaction score
msm yes

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heard of msm, but also heard of the acne side effects associated with it, does anyone besides the above poster have any experience with it?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heard of msm, but also heard of the acne side effects associated with it, does anyone besides the above poster have any experience with it?

Take MSM daily, no acne side effects as a result and i used to have bad acne as a teenager.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you get the msm? Has it improved your hair quality at all?

I just get it from ebay, can't say i have personally noticed any change in the texture of my hair, i have just started taking a really good A-Z multivitamin(also from ebay) that has vitamins and minerals beneficial for hair so that may help in that regard. MSM definitely makes my hair grow faster though.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some supplements such as MSM, Biotin, Biosil will help the existing hair grow faster and thicker. However, it won't help grow new hair. I have been on such supplements for ~ 2 years and my bald crown is still bald.

What else are you taking? my crown is bad and im not getting anywhere after 4 months on finasteride. I know that's not long enough to see a big difference but i would expect to see something.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I was on finasteride for 2 years but stopped in Feb.

It did nothing for my crown. I started finasteride too late I guess or I am a non responder. But the fact that finasteride has helped me retain the rest of my hair should mean that it worked in preventing hair loss. I am going to probably get a refill on my prescription in the fall.

I am trying something else for now - i am trying the following oral supplements now: pumpkin seed oil + vitamin b2 (heard both help with DHT). I am also applying rosemary + lavendar + tea tree + jojoba oil (3-4 times a week). I started this regimen from 25th May.

Yup i think i left it too late as well, i never look at the back of my head. Wasn't until a friend said i was balding did i take notice and realize just how bad it was. :( If only i looked.... lol

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I was on finasteride for 2 years but stopped in Feb.

It did nothing for my crown. I started finasteride too late I guess or I am a non responder. But the fact that finasteride has helped me retain the rest of my hair should mean that it worked in preventing hair loss. I am going to probably get a refill on my prescription in the fall.

I am trying something else for now - i am trying the following oral supplements now: pumpkin seed oil + vitamin b2 (heard both help with DHT). I am also applying rosemary + lavendar + tea tree + jojoba oil (3-4 times a week). I started this regimen from 25th May.

My situation is almost the exact same. Did it for two years. Not much to show. Stopped at Christmas. Been doing regaine since and lately seems to be having an effect. A few people have said my hair looks fuller. So, encouraged by that I've decided to redouble my efforts. Have ordered some finasteride and some foligain shampoo and will continue with min and see what happens. Have you tried minoxidil yet ?

mayn

My Regimen
Reaction score
My doctor put me on Biosil caps about 8 months ago it really helped with the hairloss , but didn't get new hairs.
Only recently I tried this one called Hairfluence and I tried only one bottle.So I can't say much , but i have some new hairs n my hair line. Hairfluence has biotin so I think it could have been biotin. These are really hard to buy since there's no international delivery , so I started on biotin tabs afterwards and it still hasn't' been that long .

Evwatt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been trying biotin for a bit now, does it cause itchiness for anyone else?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Focus on incorporating healthy raw foods into your diet since it has more bioavailable nutrients your body (and hair) needs to sustain itself. Burgers, fries, & pizza just won't cut it if you want to overcome hair loss!

mayn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been trying biotin for a bit now, does it cause itchiness for anyone else?

Not for me. I saw somewhere that you have to drink a lot of water if you are taking biotin and then the acne...etc wont be a problem.