Anyone got any evolutionary theories for hairloss?

michael barry

Reaction score
Alright Stephen,

I'll put my oars in the water and explain why at this time I believe the direct theory of baldness to be true, and why.

First, look at these (some are NEW!) pictures of Revivogen's success,
http://www.revivogen.com/pictures/

I tested Revivogen on my arm way back, and it produced a veritable "hole" in my wrist hair growth. All I had were some vellus-type hairs in the middle of the arm, surrounded by big thick arm hairs where I wasn't applying it. Pine oil did something similar on the back of my right hand at about 3 months, but to a lesser extent. Cedarwood (or pine) oil appears in many old essential oil remedies for baldness.

Look at these fluridil photos: http://www.menspharma.com/results.htm

We know that fluridil is designed to degrade in water, and thus many of us are aftraid that it cant really reach the scalp's follicles because of having to pass through a water layer in the scalp before getting to the papilla with good efficacy. We KNOW that there are no sides with fluridil, but yet it obviously has "some" efficacy. There are problems however, like not being able to shampoo with it but a couple of times a week without really compromising its effectiveness and the inability to use other topicals with it because they will degrade it also. I think its probably helpful, but not as good as topical spironolactone applied twice a day.

Google results for topical spironolactone and hirsuitism: Via Bryan's site,
http://www.geocities.com/bryan50001/spironolactone.html

We see that even with a cream vehicle that makes hirsutism WORSE, spironolactone, the receptor blocker, still can overcome it and reduce hairweight by some 49 percent in one patient.

..................and we know spironolactone is used in male pattern baldness for the perfectly opposite reason. Dr. Proctor puts it in proxiphen, Dr. Lee sells it, genhair.com sells it. They believe it helps scalp hair for the precisely opposite reason that it REDUCES body hair growth, namely it keeps androgens from acting on hair.

Byryan has one very blurry spironolactone regrowth photo, but other than that, nobody seems to have taken a before and after of hair growing better on the head as a resullt of spironolactone usage. However, we can assert that it should because we do have some photos of fluridil and revivogen working up there on the scalp.

WARNING, PERSONAL OPINION AHEAD. I re-read something Bryan wrote about GLA applied to a flank organ, and how much it inhibited its growth. Revivogen's instructs tell you that after a good while, you can start using it every other day or so after stabilization is achieved. In other words, Khadhavi thinks it hangs around a good while. Well, we KNOW that spironolactone's half-life is 85 minutes, and canrenone's half-life is about 10 hours. So spironolactone really is probably only effective for 12-14 hours. In the flank organ study, spironolactone reduced the organs growth by 39.-something-percent, and GLA reduced it by 66 percent. I think that it would be safe to assume that if you used sprio twice a day, every 12 hours, your anti-androgenic activity would be roughly twice what the once a day application would be. That works out to 78-79 percent or so.

In other words, while it lasts, spironolactone is damned effective in my opinion.

Now, all three of the things Ive mentioned are good for baldness. Ive supplied some pics showing that they help. We know fluridil in particular in NO WAY can make it down to the lymphatics and probably isn't as effective as spironolactone twice a day because of it breaking down some before it gets to the follicle proper. Yet the pic says it works. I GUARANTEE you that all three of these things put on your arm or chest or face will reduce hair growth there. That fits right along with the standard theory of baldness. Namely head hair hates androgens and does not need them for growth at all (as people with androgen-insensitivity syndrome conclusively prove) and body hair loves androgens and if denied them will not grow.

Here is further proof that head hair can only stand so much androgen stimuli OR ANY OF IT WILL BALD,

: Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2006;19(6):311-21. Epub 2006 Aug 23. Links
Effect of 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone and testosterone on apoptosis in human dermal papilla cells.Winiarska A, Mandt N, Kamp H, Hossini A, Seltmann H, Zouboulis CC, Blume-Peytavi U.
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Charite-Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany.

Pathogenetic mechanisms in androgenetic alopecia are not yet fully understood; however, it is commonly accepted that androgens like testosterone (T) and 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (5alpha-DHT) inhibit hair follicle activity with early induction of the catagen. Thus, we investigated the influence of T and 5alpha-DHT on proliferation, cell death and bcl-2/bax expression in cultured dermal papilla cells (DPC) from nonbalding scalp regions of healthy volunteers. T and 5alpha-DHT induced apoptosis in DPC in a dose-dependent and time-related manner; in addition a necrotic effect due to T at 10(-5) M was found. Interestingly, bcl-2 protein expression was decreased in T- and 5alpha-DHT-treated cells, leading to an increase in the bax/bcl-2 ratio. In addition, T and 5alpha-DHT induced proteolytic cleavage of caspase 8 and inhibited proliferation of DPC at 10(-5) M. High concentrations of T and 5alpha-DHT were needed to induce apoptotic effects in DPC. These data suggest that DPC from nonbalding scalp regions do have the capacity to undergo apoptosis, but need a high androgen stimulus. The present study provides an interesting new pathogenetic approach in androgenetic alopecia.

PMID: 16931898 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

All they did in that experiment was make enough testosterone available to head hair EVEN FROM THE WREATH AREA to make it miniaturize. And it did. So we know, as Doctor has pointed out, that T and DHT unlock the same genetic instructs from the DNA of the follicles to make hairs become sensitive to testosterone.

SO now we get to ol' Michael Barry's "theory" of baldness, and why there is more of it now amongst certain populations.

I think human head hair is different from human body hair. I think body hair (with the exception of eyebrow and armpit and pubic hair) has to have some androgens to grow. We know that because women have armpit, pubic, and eyebrow hair that they either dont need androgens or need very very very small amounts of them. Transexuals who take flutamide still have eyebrow hair, and pubic hair, and have to shave their underams. Ive read up on transexuals because they are the perfect people to study as far as baldness is concerned and what happens when androgens are chemically taken away. Ive yet to read of any transexual who is a male living as a woman taking flutamide reporting that further hairloss is a problem. Taking flutamide (and many apparently taking estrogen with it) seems to stop further hairloss in its tracks. Some of these "women" get transplant surgery in order to create a "female" looking hairline because they have lost some hair before they decided to try and be a female.

Ive been able to post three pictures of women who took testosterone who gained body hair, thick beards that are just like men's beards, and went Male Pattern Bald. Ive posted a study that showed women who do this were going bald at a 50 percent clip in various states of Norwood after 13 years, going steadily bald just like men do. However, one of them in particular lost all her hair rather quickly and went NW5 very fast.

I think the DNA in head hair is simply different that what it is in body hair. Period. And if you spray enough DHT topically to Brad Pitt, even he, a guy with his full hairline at 43 years of age, will go bald.

I think there are differences in receptor expression, numbers of receptors, how effective the receptors work based on mutations of the androgen receptor genes just like Doctor describes. Dammitletmein has posted that increased IGF-1 seems to increase receptor expression and had studies to back it up. He also was able to show that increased IGF-1 is associated in studies with higher alpha five reductase activity. If alpha five reductase is more acitve or there are more of em' in the root sheath, of course there will be more androgens binding with the receptor sites.

I think men who go very bald very fast with inflammed scalps will in the future be found to have an upregulated receptor genetic expression, their alpha five reductase activity in their skin and hair ONLY Might be elevated a tad also. But their individual hair's threshold for DHT and T will be found to be lower also than men who dont have baldness. I believe just like the majority of scientists looking into baldness that some people are just born with hair that is extremely sensitive to male hormone for whatever reason, and they will have to protect that hair from male hormone if they want to keep it. Thats the biggie. I simply believe there is a difference in the hairs. I also believe that it will be found that certain men who exhibit alot of inflammation will be found to have very active immune systems that perhaps "over-react" to the hair a bit, thus sending some excessive amounts of inflammatory enzymes at their hairs that other balding men who dont have much inflammation dont have. This is much like some men get sick more than others. Some guys immune systems simply work more actively than other guys.

We know that body hair transplants grow on the scalp, BUT NOT ALL MEN who get them have good growth, or even longer growth. Dr. Poswal has reported that many of the men who he has transplanted body hair to the scalp for find that the hair will only grow about twice as long as it does on the body. It doesn't grow long like head hair in MOST cases. In a few men though, it does. Regular hair transplants ALWAYS result in hairs that grow as long as it grows in the back of the head. Topical anti-androgens will suppress the body hair thats moved to the scalp also, and they are not recommended. Internal finasteride is the strongest anti-androgen Ive seen that worked with a body hair transplant. The hair you still have after getting on finasteride is about what will still grow. Ive seen many posts of men who claimed a little lessening of hair growth on the body with dutasteride. Finas, as we both know, doesn't "get" all the DHT, so the body hairs still have enough stimuli to grow pretty well. I simply stopped getting hairier on my body after getting on finas, but I seen a little lessening of body hair while I was piddling with dutasteride after about one year. Im back on finas, as I dont feel like my cranky-old self on dutasteride.

Why the immune response? Ive seen two very plausible theories. Doctor has stated that overexpression of TGFbeta is associated with autoimmune disorders all over the body, and then there is the old one whereby when negative growth factors being released by the dermal papilla outnumber positive growth factors, you have a mini-organ with more negative growth factors than positive ones, and the immune system naturally sees it as a foreign body and begins to attack. Ive seen a "line" of inflammation in my own head by a microscopic camera that blew up the image very large at a clinic. I use treatments to try and fight it, but a receptor blocker should make it stop also after time. Ive seen one other theory, but I dont think it fits the facts, but it is as the hairs begin to miniaturize, they are too small to use all the sebum that lubricates them and excessive sebum is hanging around the opening in the dermis where the hair emerges from the skin, and it has mircobials and other fugni etc, and they elicit an immuno response after a time. It is interesting to not that the first inflammation seen in baldness is right at the opening of the skin where the follicle emerges according to one long medical article I read, but I'd still be suprised if this was the case.

Thats pretty much what I think based on everything Ive read over the past few years.
I think cloning, anaderm, and a great receptor blocker like RU, will be the answers long term in stopping male pattern baldness and making men's head hair like women's head hair. I htink a hair healthy diet can also help lessen inflammation and excessive androgenic actions in the skin to a smaller extent also. I FEAR things like Curis, and beta catenin pathways becuse they really might be able to cause cancer.

G

michael, regarding dutasteride lessening body hair growth, i do tend to agree. i can tell because i looked at pics of me from two years ago where i had a moderate amount of chest and stomach hair. now i have almost none. it's not really visible from 4 or 5 feet away. my arm and leg hair has also thinned out a bit, especially on the upper parts of my arms and legs. where there used to be moderate hair growth, now there is almost none really visible.

i believe that this is only more evidence to support the standard accepted theories of baldness.

s.a.f

Reaction score
f*** me michael barry thats some long posts you must have a lot of time on your hands! :eek:

michael barry

Reaction score
I see now that I made the same post twice somehow. My mistake.

S.A.F......I type pretty fast, I wasnt' on that that long.

Hairtodaygonetommorrow,
Look through Bryan's old posts if you want to learn alot about hairloss. He's got the studies and always interprets the data fairly in my opinion, and understands the biology of what is happening with hair very well.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So Michael, you don't subscribe to the idea that there is genetic programing shutting off the hair?

I'm still quite intrigued by the phenomenal regrowth some guys get on the big3 in like 6 months. I know that the amazing gains support your position, I just need to think more on why.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
To Michael Barry

Thank you very much for your arguments to defend the current theory about common baldness, but you say:

“I think the DNA in head hair is simply different that what it is in body hair. Periodâ€￾

It seems to say that are only two types of hairs (body and scalp hairs), but later you say:

“I believe just like the majority of scientists looking into baldness that some people are just born with hair that is extremely sensitive to male hormone for whatever reason, and they will have to protect that hair from male hormone if they want to keep it. Thats the biggie. I simply believe there is a difference in the hairs. â€￾

Please, how many types of hairs exist, except specialized? Two or three types (body, top scalp hairs, and resistant scalp hairs).

Armando

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Doc007 said:
I think we need to stop arguing about who has what theory and whether or not someone is wrong. People need to start posting what they find along with a direction that we can take it and their opinion, so we can put something decent together for people that post here.

Michael contributes, Bryan contributes, and heck, even Dammitletmein has brought up some interesting dietary dilemmas. Do the same. It's not like any of us will make money with theories. We can help people, but the theories can be stolen and patented in the form of drugs and there would be nothing that any of us could do about it.

Let me be clear about something.

It is not my intention to "push" my theory on anyone on these forums. Like i said before, i came here for information, and to put the case for my own idea's. I have my own long term experience of male pattern baldness, and various transplantation techniques. It was my own long term first hand experience, that first lead me to question the "direct" action of DHT theory.

There are many people who make contributions on these forums, including me. But if the basic scientific rules of evidence are going to be ignored, whats the point? It just ends up as a battle of ego's. This is why i rarely post now.

In this thread for example, i only posted because once again Bryan refered to my theory calling it "eccentric". Then everytime i demand some "genuine" scientific evidence as to how "exactly" is my theory eccentric, we get the scientific goal posts moved!

Put my personal theory aside for now (cue for some sarcastic comment from Bryan). This is my view on the "direct" theory most people seem to go along with.

The question we "ALL" want answered is simply "how do androgens cause some normal terminal scalp follicles, to become miniaturised follicles?"

The big problem with the evidence for the direct theory, is it's "ALL" after the fact! It's like going through the wreckage of an air crash, finding an "altered" part, then claiming that was the "cause" of the crash!

It could well be that the part "was" changed in some way "prior" to the event and then caused the crash? But without knowing the state of the part "before" the crash, you would be making a big assumption as to its role in the proccess of "change". The cause and effect sequence has to be demonstrated in true science!

The direct theory evidence is based upon in-vitro studies and "limited" old transplantation studies.

Michael puts a lot of faith in the in-vitro studies. But if you artificialy culture "already" different cells, seed them with androgen receptors, and then overdose them with androgens, how accurate are the results going to be?

In my opinion, the in-vitro studies are very misleading and cannot in any way be related to the "real world" in the body conditions.

Recent studies looking at follicle cell characteristics in-vitro, show just how this just cannot be representitive of the in-vivo conditions.

EHRS report, 2006:

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/pr ... =92842.pdf

Refer to poster presentations P4 and P6.

As far as the "available" transplantation research goes, this just isn't enough to reach any firm conclusions in my opinion. The later information goes against the old notion of donor dominance anyway, as i have argued many times before.

But let's just go along with the "direct" theory being correct for the moment. This "HAS" to then mean, that there is "something" different in hair follicles to allow this "different" response. Not only does there have to be both opposite and neutral "direct" actions of androgens, there also has to be many different degrees of action to explain the long time periods involved.

But this situation "MUST" be so if the direct theory is right!

The big problem here is, given what we know about how hair follicles are re-built each new hair cycle, how can it be possible for all these "different pre-dispositions" to androgens to happen?

Anagen follicles develope from the stem cells that reside in the bulge area. Stem cells have no "different" built in predispositions. They multiply to produce the various cell lines because of the external signals they recieve.

So the direct action of androgens theory requires that every "NEW" anagen follicle, recieves many "different" signals in order for them to have all these "different" responses to androgens.

The "after the fact" evidence for the direct theory all falls down, if the premise for this is impossible in the first place!

In my opinion, what is seen in-vitro can only be explained by "some" indirect in-vivo action of androgens, that creates a "different" expression of growth related genes in the various follicles. Then a different response to androgens in-vitro, and possibly many other substances is perfectly logical. This includes changes in androgen receptor physiology and other changes.

But any of these changes can more logicaly be related to an effect rather than a cause!

Also, if the in-vitro studies are going to be claimed as "proof" of anything, follicle cells known to be future male pattern baldness follicle cells, are "NOT" growth restricted when soaked in androgens. This fact is played down by "some" here, but it is a vital fact in any claim for a cause and effect pathway in the direct theory.

If someone would like to explain to me how every "new" anagen follicle built from stem cells in the human body, "can" develope various responses to androgens, i am all ears?

S Foote.

michael barry

Reaction score
Armando,

I want you to look very hard at this picture of Billy Joel, http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/p ... 319034.jpg

Look at how weakly, and grey (melanocyte death) his hair grows (and now thinly also) in his WREATH area. Take another look at him now,
http://www.loving-long-island.com/image ... oel_me.jpg

Now look at him in 1980, http://a6.vox.com/6a00c2251d74f98e1d00c ... f219-500pi

and again, http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... n%26sa%3DN

and again, http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... n%26sa%3DN

He sensibly buzzed his hair short when he started losing it. Notice how ALL OF IT ages prematurely however, even in the wreath area?

Now look at Jamie lee Curtis http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... n%26sa%3DN

Now in her fifties, still has all her hair. She has almost always worn it about that short.

All hair on the head can be suceptible to androgens, and I would predict would be if androgens binded ENOUGH. However, many people's threshold for androgen damage is high. ALso, many people have less effective androgen receptors, and thus get less androgenic stimuli. Also, some people might have less active alpha five in the hair's root sheaths, and hence get less androgen binding. These are all factors.

Ive shown you that women can bald if given testosterone, and shown you pictures. Ive shown you studies that proved that high androgens could make even wreath hairs thin. In short, I reast my case.

powersam

Reaction score
why does he refer us to jamie lee curtis though? heard the rumours have you michael?

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So..... Michael you are basically saying guys like me, my hair, or maybe I should say, some of my hair, is very DHT sensitive or does not bind Androgen very well? I think the young guys respond great to the big3 or more because they still have hair roots, whereas much older guys have lost the roots from 20+ years of balding.... Agree?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
To Michael
Are you sure that Billy Joel hair is real?
I don’t know it but, suspiciouslly, both photographs are from bussiness record where the image of artist is very valuable.

The other examples you provided are consolidating my own theory, the density and length of scalp hair could be important factors in hair growth, because they can modify the sebum flow.

On the other hand you don’t answer the question about the number of existing hairs in humans.

You say: “ In rest, I reast my caseâ€￾
is there a typo?, I don’t know you want say.

have a nice day

Armando

michael barry

Reaction score
I found a pic that perfectly explains my beliefs about head hair.

Here is a younger vice president Dick Cheney,

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... n%26sa%3DN

Look at the wreath area hair Armando.............................consider the thickness, the relatively dark brown color. He's probably in his late thirties here.

Look at the wreath hair now.............................
http://www.inthesetimes.com/images/28/15/cheney.jpg

Do you see that? Look at how weak and devoid of color it is. Look at how much THINNER it is. This is supposed to be the "hippocratic wreath hair" that is not susceptible to androgens. But we see its obviously thinner.

Armando,

Dick Cheney was born in 1941. He is 66 years old.

Now Armando, look at the 63 year old Catherine Denueve
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_Deneuve

Look at that beautiful head of hair on a 63 year old woman. NO grey at all. Her hair looks like a 25 year old man's hair.

How many women in their sixties are even grey? This is something that happens to women in their late 60's and beyond. But TONS of men are grey in their 40's, and some get to greying in their 30's, even if they keep their hair.

Here is a man in his sixties who does not have baldness,
http://images.popsugar.com/uploads11/mi ... s-3.22.jpg

Thats the same high hairline Michael Douglas has always had. Here he is when he was younger,
http://www.sp.uconn.edu/~jstiver/Eco230 ... las_p1.jpg

He hasn't lost his hairline, but his hair is a tad thinner, but IT HAS AGED. This is pretty common with men. Male hormone acts directly on hair. Finasteride grows some hair on men. Finasteride does not effect sebum output at all. Why does it work, when a drug that does effect sebum output greatly, like Merk's MK386----type one alpha five inhibitor------not effect hair hardly at all?

If sebum was getting backed up in the hair canal, it would result in acne on the scalp like a teenager having oil plugged up in pores, but it doesn't.

Im "hard" on alterna baldness theories for this reason...................these young guys are in these chat rooms HURTING. THey want to keep their hair. We have some things that really work now. Finas plus spironolactone will pretty much see a guy keep his hair for a very long while. I personally feel revivogen will help a guy keep his hair for a very long while. There are other helpful things to attempt to regrow some of what was lost in the past three years or so, but those three are for now, the biggies in "keeping what you have'. I wish someone would have told me about spironolactone ten years ago. Id have great hair instead of pretty good hair now.
I just think the sebum back up theory is plain wrong. Period.

Its my belief that all scalp hair is somewhat "sensitive" to androgens, and if you give them enough androgens, over a lifetime................they'll pretty much go with the exception of the hippocratic wreath which will age and think in response to androgens themselves. Head hair doesn't need any male hormone to grow at all. So the best way to keep your head hair, is to keep androgens away from them as much as possible. Body hair is different, and is not harmed by androgens and needs them to grow. This is why so many bald men are hairy guys.

michael barry

Reaction score
Klink,

You have an effective regimine.

What Im saying is this..................we know that scalp hair does not need androgens. We know that there are more androgen receptors in the temporal and vertex areas...............where hair tends to thin first. We have seen that hippocratic wreaths can get extremely small. I say all head hair has a threshold of androgenic stimulis above which it will become "sensitive" to it and start to age and thin. There are androgen receptors in your wreath hairs, but less of them. The "sensitivity" of the wreath hair is probably qutie a bit less than the temples and vertex, but it is still there to a small extent. This is why its best to go on and treat the entire head (which youre very sensibly doing with Nizoral and Finasteride). You should keep what you have for a long time. Cloning should be out and effective before you start to lose more in fact.

Powersam,
Ive heard Jamie Lee Curits likes the occasional gal too. She has always had a nice body. She seems like a genuinely nice gal also. I bet she'd be alot of fun in the sack.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Michael, I get it now.

Also, seemed like you posted the Billy Joel link a few times, I don't see a link for Jamie Lee Curtis.

Here she is:

jamie-lee-curtis-picture-1.jpg

powersam

Reaction score
nah the rumours that she is/was a hermaphrodite :wink:

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Michael Barry comments between quotation marks

“Here is a younger vice president Dick Cheney,
.....consider the thickness, the relatively dark brown color. He's probably in his late thirties here.â€

And probably in late thirties he is a comb over with a problem with common baldness

“Now Armando, look at the 63 year old Catherine Denueveâ€

She have a very dense hair, without problems with sebum flow.

Respect Michael Douglas:
Michael Douglas has a sufficient length of hair and a hairstyle comb back to avoid problems with sebum flow.

“If sebum was getting backed up in the hair canal, it would result in acne on the scalp like a teenager having oil plugged up in pores, but it doesn't. “

This is a very important issue, which is the use of sebum getting backed in the hair canal, what is its destination?

“these young guys are in these chat rooms HURTING. THey want to keep their hair. “

What they really want, to keep or regain their hair? Regain his hair is very hard if not impossible and if they want to keep their hair, it is important a preventive method. Do you think finasteride or fluridil or spironolactone, or…., acts as a preventive method? Can young people without problems with hair use these substances? I think that they are very hard medicaments and they are not really preventive.

“I personally feel revivogen will help a guy keep his hair for a very long whileâ€

My approach is very similar.

“I just think the sebum back up theory is plain wrong. Period.â€

There is not problem, you are not unique.

“Head hair doesn't need any male hormone to grow at all. So the best way to keep your head hair, is to keep androgens away from them as much as possible. Body hair is different, and is not harmed by androgens and needs them to grow.

Probably in next June you will have a surprise.

“This is why so many bald men are hairy guys.â€

There is a lot variety. This is an urban myth.

Have a nice day

Armando

michael barry

Reaction score
Armando,

What do you mean by this: "Probably in next June you will have a surprise"

You know of some study that is coming out next June, etc?

michael barry

Reaction score
Armando,

IF youre referring to the ICX trials growing sebaceous glands along with new hairs..........................Im not going to be suprised at all. They all grow together when you are a fetus and a baby. The same stem cells direct growth for both most likely. This HAS ALREADY BEEN SHOWN IN EXPERIMENTS.

Hairs have sebaceous glands, but when the glands produce practically NO SEBUM like in people with androgen-insensitivity sydnrome, the hairs GROW JUST FINE, in fact, they never lose their hair.

Women produce roughly half the sebum men do, and even women who keep their hair very short like Jamie Lee Curtis or my Janine Turner did for a decade http://members.aol.com/moostified/janinerd.jpg their hair grows JUST FINE.

Finasteride has no effect on sebum production at all, yet it regrows hair (but since it doesnt stop all DHT, the effect wanes over many many years)

Merks' MK386 severely restricts sebum production, but does almost nothing for hairloss AT ALL. Why would that be?

Ive posted experiments that have conclusively shown that adding high amounts of androgens to HIPPOCRATIC WREATH HAIR makes them being to react negatively to it JUST LIKE male pattern baldness HAIR. Either Testosterone or DHT could do this, thus proving there is a threshold in even these hairs that PROVE all scalp hair is at least "somewhat" sensitive to testosterone and DHT.

Dick Cheney's thinned out wreath NOW vs. his relatively thick and dark wreath in the seventies illustrate this point. Why is his wreath hair thinner than it used to be Armando? What happened to it? He sleeps on it, so the absorbent pillows should help it be as thick as it ever was, but pictures dont lie...............................like my grandads', his wreath is thinned out. My grandad has been sleeping on the same sofa for about 40 years too Armando, with a pillow on his back. SO none of this "he might sleep on his belly bullshitt".

Sebum back up does not cause baldness................period.
Scalp hairs form morphologically at the same time sebaceous glands do, so we are born with both and stem cell regeneration will make both, but the sebum the glands produce, like those castrates and people with Androgen sensitivity syndrome conclusively prove......isn't necessary AT ALL for wonderful hair growth.

.If you REALLY dont believe that alpha five type two DHT is responsible for baldness, why in the world do you put anti-androgens like lavender, tea tree, oregano, and cammomile in your baldness product? The only thing they would do against sebum is diminish its production. Jojobba and rosemary (anti-oxidant) ALONE would be enough if you were right because jojoba breaks sebum down.