Anyone Feel They Can't Be Bothered Actually Dating

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In this digital and liberated age we live in now, it is far easier to just have a bit of fun and casual things. I've been on a few dates before and 'talked' to lots of girls but mainly I'd rather just hang out with my pals. Dates are just stressful, expensive and usually not even that fun.

When I go out and get pissed with my friends I can have fun with them while still meeting girls. I'm on tinder, but mainly just looking to f*** more than anything.

There is a slight element of Norwood consciousness to this(always seem to have sh*t hair days on the date) and slight lack of confidence(I have high self esteem but not great confidence) but mainly it's because I can't be bothered and would rather go out with my pals.

Does anyone feel this way? Is it just a maturity thing?

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I’m hearing you. The stress of dating is hard enough with a full head of hair the less hair you have the stress increases.

I remember going on dates and trying to book restaurants with dim lighting and booking a table in the corner so I could try and hide the thinning rats nest by siting right against the corners of the wall so my crown isn’t on display to her.

A well lit venue or daytime date would give me heart palpitations as I knew the game was up.

Dating with thinning hair is so difficult that blokes just give up. I work with a bloke who is Norwood 6 about 32 years old. He told me he never even bothers trying to date. It’s sad because he lost all of his hair at the age of 19/20 so he has never even been on a date.
He just plays video games on his own each weekend.

shookwun

Reaction score
Many members are in despair where they will date under, because they are so hopeless that they just want to be with someone for the sake of BEING with someone. All for the wrong reasons, in which I fell for when I had no social life, and romantic prospects.

Dates are stressful, and f*****g monotonous by default. It's even worse when the chick is nothing special, and you fall into a pussy trap of horniess, which is not true romantic love. In which a lot of men mistaken, and put themselves into relationships for.

I would say continue having fun, and when the right one comes along then you can take it from there. I have been with a good amount of women this year, and a lot of them I have ghosted and not bothered following up with. Despite having sex, and going on dates I wasn't truly content and interested enough to the point of introducing and changing my life for somebody else. relationships are a big comittment, and you will have inevitably have to give up all that traveling, and club pick ups for this particular person. it's a big comittment to make for someone, that you should truly be into. if that's not the case, then move on. it's a waste of time, and you will feel more worse then better. When you enter a relationship, it isn;'t about you anymore. Rather everything gets decided between the two of you... no more freedom.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Dating is fun but ultimately unsatisfying. The sad truth is that you can have the most fun date, the most stimulating conversation, and be well suited to each other but it won't go anywhere if you're a NW6. At this point, I'm just trying to see how enjoyable a date I can provide without things going any further.

The sad truth is that dating is just an opportunity for a woman to inspect a man's hair and see if he'll get anywhere. She makes a decision instantly based on his looks but will still stay on the date because dates are fun. It's that last bit that bothers me.

shookwun

Reaction score
Yes I’m hearing you. The stress of dating is hard enough with a full head of hair the less hair you have the stress increases.

I remember going on dates and trying to book restaurants with dim lighting and booking a table in the corner so I could try and hide the thinning rats nest by siting right against the corners of the wall so my crown isn’t on display to her.

A well lit venue or daytime date would give me heart palpitations as I knew the game was up.

Dating with thinning hair is so difficult that blokes just give up. I work with a bloke who is Norwood 6 about 32 years old. He told me he never even bothers trying to date. It’s sad because he lost all of his hair at the age of 19/20 so he has never even been on a date.
He just plays video games on his own each weekend.
It's stressful because you can't let go, yet want to strategically lie to these women with your situational encounters.

i would beg to say that if you buzzed that sh*t off ontop of your head you would feel more free while dating. No tricks, what you see is what you get.

I am guessing you use old pictures, hats and deception tier photos to lure women in. of course you feel the way you do... you are lieing to yourself and her.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
The few dates and attempts at dates that I squeezed in over the last 2 years while I was being raped by school were not positive experiences for my self esteem or outlook on my chances in the modern dating world

I have basically stopped putting myself out there after too much rejection. Whatever it is that the women I am enthusiastic about want, I do not have it. I'm not a bad looking guy but I'm not good looking enough to compensate for my flaws, most likely my height, or maybe women just sense my chronically low self esteem that I likely will never escape. It's probably a combination of things. Also most 6+/10 women in my age range are taken, so there's already a depleted pool of prospects I am working with on top of the other issues

There are women who have approached me who I am not attracted to. I actually even went on a date with one, and knew immediately that agreeing to it was a mistake. I cannot imagine pursuing a relationship with someone under these circumstances. Seems like absolute hell. I cannot relate to people who just settle because they don't want to be "alone," but I guess for some people that is just something they are terrified of. It concerns me too but being stuck in a miserable relationship scares me more

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I actually just deleted my Tinder and Bumble accounts today. Slowly becoming the ugly incel neck beard that I truly am.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had some of the best experiences of my life through online dating - met plenty of fun and interesting people along the way as well.

The two pluses of not doing it now and being with one woman is that;

1. internet dating is time consuming

2. dating costs a lot - even if you just grab 3 or 4 beers - you soon spend $30 per date (and if you date three times per week its almost 100$ if you do that per month its 400$!!!!!)

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
It's stressful because you can't let go, yet want to strategically lie to these women with your situational encounters.

i would beg to say that if you buzzed that sh*t off ontop of your head you would feel more free while dating. No tricks, what you see is what you get.

I am guessing you use old pictures, hats and deception tier photos to lure women in. of course you feel the way you do... you are lieing to yourself and her.

The rats nest was pre transplant days for me. The transplant filled everything in nicely..I was recalling my dating life with my original hair..

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_2482.PNG
On my Facebook feed earlier. Prime women see balding/bald men as subhuman genetic trash. Just LDAR. Lol @ this truth bomb dropped.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
The few dates and attempts at dates that I squeezed in over the last 2 years while I was being raped by school were not positive experiences for my self esteem or outlook on my chances in the modern dating world

I have basically stopped putting myself out there after too much rejection. Whatever it is that the women I am enthusiastic about want, I do not have it. I'm not a bad looking guy but I'm not good looking enough to compensate for my flaws, most likely my height, or maybe women just sense my chronically low self esteem that I likely will never escape. It's probably a combination of things. Also most 6+/10 women in my age range are taken, so there's already a depleted pool of prospects I am working with on top of the other issues

There are women who have approached me who I am not attracted to. I actually even went on a date with one, and knew immediately that agreeing to it was a mistake. I cannot imagine pursuing a relationship with someone under these circumstances. Seems like absolute hell. I cannot relate to people who just settle because they don't want to be "alone," but I guess for some people that is just something they are terrified of. It concerns me too but being stuck in a miserable relationship scares me more
@kj6723, you remind me so much of my younger self with this post. My chronic low self esteem never was cured but I did have some highs when I met some women who appreciated me for other traits besides my looks. Not everyone can be like @shookwun or @JohnsonDDG even if they basically hand us their own instruction manual. You have to be able to overcome the fear of rejection. Something obviously they can handle better than some others.

I know your height can be a major factor but I notice so many guys who are short and have great physiques seem to have petite very attractive girlfriends. There is this guy at my gym who is short, has minor hair loss, and slightly above average looking who is buffed and has this gorgeous petite shorter girlfriend that worships the ground he walks on. This girl wears outfits you would see at a strip joint. She definitely likes the attention and I see he gives her that. Then we have this guy who is buffed like a bodybuilder but all natural from genetics. His girlfriend( or wife) is obese and she hates working out. I think you might need to find someone at your gym who likes to work out like you do. That is something you are passionate about so it might work in your favor. I am sure there are some women at your gym that admire your physique.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
@kj6723, you remind me so much of my younger self with this post. My chronic low self esteem never was cured but I did have some highs when I met some women who appreciated me for other traits besides my looks. Not everyone can be like @shookwun or @JohnsonDDG even if they basically hand us their own instruction manual. You have to be able to overcome the fear of rejection. Something obviously they can handle better than some others.

I know your height can be a major factor but I notice so many guys who are short and have great physiques seem to have petite very attractive girlfriends. There is this guy at my gym who is short, has minor hair loss, and slightly above average looking who is buffed and has this gorgeous petite shorter girlfriend that worships the ground he walks on. This girl wears outfits you would see at a strip joint. She definitely likes the attention and I see he gives her that. Then we have this guy who is buffed like a bodybuilder but all natural from genetics. His girlfriend( or wife) is obese and she hates working out. I think you might need to find someone at your gym who likes to work out like you do. That is something you are passionate about so it might work in your favor. I am sure there are some women at your gym that admire your physique.

It is always one of my favorite things on this forum when I see Doctorhouse has responded to one of my posts. I know I will find a comfort and reason to go on :D

I think about the gym thing as i recently switched gyms and now have attractive women at my gym but I don't want to be the creepy annoying guy that bothers the hot chicks during their workouts. Myself I'm all business when I workout and don't generally like people to approach me, though obviously if it were an attractive female I'm sure I would make an acception lol. But they don't approach me and I'd have to come up with a way to approach in that environment that wouldn't be creepy and bothersome

blackg

Reaction score

Well said.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
It is always one of my favorite things on this forum when I see Doctorhouse has responded to one of my posts. I know I will find a comfort and reason to go on :D

I think about the gym thing as i recently switched gyms and now have attractive women at my gym but I don't want to be the creepy annoying guy that bothers the hot chicks during their workouts. Myself I'm all business when I workout and don't generally like people to approach me, though obviously if it were an attractive female I'm sure I would make an acception lol. But they don't approach me and I'd have to come up with a way to approach in that environment that wouldn't be creepy and bothersome
LOL at your first comment about my responding to you. I can almost hear the sarcasm in your voice. :D I see your point about looking creepy. I have never approached any women at my gym either. I see a few guys do it and the girls do seem receptive to it so I thought it was worth a try. Just hope you never give up on yourself and end up alone.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL at your first comment about my responding to you. I can almost hear the sarcasm in your voice. :D I see your point about looking creepy. I have never approached any women at my gym either. I see a few guys do it and the girls do seem receptive to it so I thought it was worth a try. Just hope you never give up on yourself and end up alone.

Only a little sarcasm my friend. I genuinely am glad to see when I have a notification with your name attached to it. As I've said before you basically are the oracle of HairLossTalk.com and you often pop up at just the right moments to offer wisdom of hopes and unseen insights to those pouring their hearts and souls out on here. I meant it. Don't worry I have not given up on myself (not yet anyway). Maybe now that I am FINALLY getting ready to start my career (almost in my f*****g 30's LOL) and not spending my nights and weekends studying I will find ways to put myself out there into the pool more and get a better idea of what is currently available to me dating wise

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve found I’m very successful on nights out thanks to a thing called liquid confidence. I’m a decent looking guy with what’s still a good head of hair so that helps too but when it comes to texting and tinder, I can never be bothered speaking to girls. I always start conversations then ignoring them a few messages later because I simply don’t feel confident enough to maintain an interesting conversation. I’m 20, unemployed and live at home with my parents so I’m aware that this is the probable reason to my shite confidence and disinterest in women. I feel bad because there’s this really cute girl who is massively into me. I see her on nights out all the time and we always end up with each other, I message her the next day but end up ignoring her because of my sh*t current mental state. Soon she’s going to get sick of me, realise I’m a mentally unstable weirdo and move onto some other chad like my ex. sh*t f*****g sucks

KyleTroy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In this digital and liberated age we live in now, it is far easier to just have a bit of fun and casual things. I've been on a few dates before and 'talked' to lots of girls but mainly I'd rather just hang out with my pals. Dates are just stressful, expensive and usually not even that fun.

When I go out and get pissed with my friends I can have fun with them while still meeting girls. I'm on tinder, but mainly just looking to f*** more than anything.

There is a slight element of Norwood consciousness to this(always seem to have sh*t hair days on the date) and slight lack of confidence(I have high self esteem but not great confidence) but mainly it's because I can't be bothered and would rather go out with my pals.

Does anyone feel this way? Is it just a maturity thing?
Date??

Well, the key here is just have coffee

Never spend money on dates unless you think it will pay you back for a marriage that benefits you later