Anyone Ever been called out for wearing?

J9907

Reaction score
I was asked just this week whether I'd had a hair transplant - by someone who didn't know me before I had a system. It was a bit awkward, but I could understand why he asked: he is losing hair quickly at age 30 and is planning to have a hair transplant this year. I felt bad lying to him because I did say that I'd had a hair transplant (rather than the truth that I wear a system) and I think he believed me. I then warned him about the reality of hair transplants and that results are very variable.

The problem with systems in many cases is that they are just too good. Most people at a certain age (such in in my 40s) just would not have such nice hair - regardless of the density, it is the quality/shine/length too that sometime look too good. I love the look, but maybe it isn't realistic beyond a certain age. And I tend to go for lower density and 15% grey.

I'm sure many other people have noticed that I wear, especially my first 2 systems which were pretty awful in comparison to my more recent ones. But no one had said anything to me ... just the occasional glance. Though now, with this improved system, I reckon people look at the hair and wonder how come I have a full head!

@jimlad I agree, concealer was much worse. The 2nd glances eventually made me move to a system even quicker.

I think you’ve nailed it there, they look “too good”. I transitioned without anyone knowing but the responses I got and still get is how amazing “my” hair looks. And I think that is what could catch someone out, like @Noah said when the guy spoke to him “looks too perfect”.
Almost need the systems to be more flawed aesthetically to be more realistic if that is what the wearer wants over it looking amazing.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I think you’ve nailed it there, they look “too good”. I transitioned without anyone knowing but the responses I got and still get is how amazing “my” hair looks. And I think that is what could catch someone out, like @Noah said when the guy spoke to him “looks too perfect”.
Almost need the systems to be more flawed aesthetically to be more realistic if that is what the wearer wants over it looking amazing.
I wear my systems for 6 months, so that made my transition to new duplicates happens always in the summer which immediately sundamages my new ones, so I pulled 8 months out of my last ones to shif it to autumn. So in the last months they looked so sh*t and as I didn't care anymore of them I also didn't wear hat so often anymorein the sun and had a vacation on the Mediterranean. During that some friends asked why have I decided to stop wearing lol. A relative already in the end of winter let me know I was going bald lol, so that was a quite thin system to begin with. So if you want to look realistic, wear old hair systems, wear your systems longer. Maybe I should continue with 8 months now.

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I guess if would be considered the ultimate complement if you were called out for wearing but it's actually your own real hair.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wear my systems for 6 months, so that made my transition to new duplicates happens always in the summer which immediately sundamages my new ones, so I pulled 8 months out of my last ones to shif it to autumn. So in the last months they looked so sh*t and as I didn't care anymore of them I also didn't wear hat so often anymorein the sun and had a vacation on the Mediterranean. During that some friends asked why have I decided to stop wearing lol. A relative already in the end of winter let me know I was going bald lol, so that was a quite thin system to begin with. So if you want to look realistic, wear old hair systems, wear your systems longer. Maybe I should continue with 8 months now.

I agree with this in many ways: an older, worn in system looks far more realistic than a shiny brand new one. The big problem, however, is with the hairline, which suffers the most from shedding and is therefore much more noticeable.

The other challenge with wearing a system for longer is that, when you then change to the new system, the contrast between old & new is huge and it becomes very obvious that you have "got new hair".

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I agree with this in many ways: an older, worn in system looks far more realistic than a shiny brand new one. The big problem, however, is with the hairline, which suffers the most from shedding and is therefore much more noticeable.

The other challenge with wearing a system for longer is that, when you then change to the new system, the contrast between old & new is huge and it becomes very obvious that you have "got new hair".
Can't confirm that the hairline became more noticable with age, but that system was already so thin in the beginning that the hairline needed a bit more styling, but when done right, was extra realistic due to the thinness.

The second problem you point out really is one a bit yes. Water, hats, styling products to keep the hair down for the first weeks should do it. But a girl I dated who I hadn't seen a month wanted to know my secret of so improved hair yes haha. Told her that I don't know what she was talking about :).

J9907

Reaction score
Definitely!
The only risk with this is when you DO have to get a new system it will look really obvious something has changed. Like you have to go through the transition process again.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dave Kendall, a host of MTV's 120 Minutes, was called out by one of the most obnoxious men on earth, John Lydon of the Sex Pistols and Public Image Ltd. , while filming a segment.

According to legend, Lydon tried to rip the piece off his head, which Kendall denies. The bit was edited out, but even on the poor quality video it looks like he's wearing something:

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I just pulled up old pics of him. I probably wouldn’t have thought twice about it, however now that I know, his temples are pretty receded, considering the density on top.