Anyone Else Shedding Hair 5 Months In? (finasteride)

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there, I’ve been experiencing rapid hair loss on finasteride lately. (1 mg/day) During months 1& 2 I lost a few hairs so I thought maybe that was the shed, month 3 it stabilized I thought, and then month 4 and 5 now I’ve been losing a crazy amount of hair.

Ever since I’ve started my diffuse thinnings gotten noticeable worse and my hairline + temples have both receded and I can now start to see the horseshoe pattern in my hairline. Can anyone else based on experience tell me if this is normal?

If it isn’t should I hop on minoxidil? I’d prefer not to, but if finasteride isnt doing it’s job I guess I’d have to.

Btw I’ve heard of shed stories and been told to wait 9-12 months, but when I started I was told by months 3-6 I should notice a difference in my hair & it improving + halted hairloss. Months 9-12 for regrowth.

My shed seems really bad too, I’m worried that it could actually be minaturization & tht my hairline will never recover.

fffalling1

My Regimen
Reaction score
İm in Proscar for only 7.day and my shedding increas,losing big and small hairs at the same time...

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started aggressively shedding around 10 months in, to the point I think I lost 50% of what I had gained (which was maybe 30% to begin with). However, in my case, I was on generic finasteride and it happened with a new package so I thought maybe it's fake. Sooo I didn't want to take any risks and just jumped on Dutasteride, 3 days on it and the shedding completely stopped and is still the case after one week.

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow maybe I’ll do the same and get on duta if results don’t show soon. These last few days I thought the shedding was over until I got in the shower and counted almost 50 hairs. Bit concerned that my hair loss may be too aggressive for finasteride, I thought I’d atleast stop losing hairs and thinning further 5+ months in.

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started shedding around 2 weeks and it never stopped, and just like bluecyclone, my hair texture changed and i've never got the quality of hair back despite being off finasteride for over 6 months now. I lose hair when I run my hands through it now, which never happened before and I even have a constant burning / tingling sensation down the center of my head which definitely was not present before I took finasteride. I do wonder if when people say your hairloss is too aggressive for finasteride, it's actually just us having a bad reaction to it. Apparently in the official studies it never sped up hair loss, but then they also state that shedding isn't a side affect, but it seems everyone goes through it. Good luck, I hope you have a better experience than myself

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started shedding around 2 weeks and it never stopped, and just like bluecyclone, my hair texture changed and i've never got the quality of hair back despite being off finasteride for over 6 months now. I lose hair when I run my hands through it now, which never happened before and I even have a constant burning / tingling sensation down the center of my head which definitely was not present before I took finasteride. I do wonder if when people say your hairloss is too aggressive for finasteride, it's actually just us having a bad reaction to it. Apparently in the official studies it never sped up hair loss, but then they also state that shedding isn't a side affect, but it seems everyone goes through it. Good luck, I hope you have a better experience than myself

Thanks, & I don’t think it’s a bad reaction, for myself atleast. I was shedding aggressively before finasteride already & it slowed the shed for a good month until my hair started going downhill again. Who knows though only time will tell

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, & I don’t think it’s a bad reaction, for myself atleast. I was shedding aggressively before finasteride already & it slowed the shed for a good month until my hair started going downhill again. Who knows though only time will tell

If the shedding hasn't increased compared to pre-finasteride and you're not experiencing sides, then I guess all you can do is keep on going then and hope it halts

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
THIS IS ME

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started aggressively shedding around 10 months in, to the point I think I lost 50% of what I had gained (which was maybe 30% to begin with). However, in my case, I was on generic finasteride and it happened with a new package so I thought maybe it's fake. Sooo I didn't want to take any risks and just jumped on Dutasteride, 3 days on it and the shedding completely stopped and is still the case after one week.
WHERE DID U GET YOUR Dutasteride?