Anyone Else Disagree With The Saying "bald Is Always Better Than Balding"?

LeeVanCleef

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I've been watching a lot of old movies and comedies from the 70s/80s where actors didn't shave their heads to deal with male pattern baldness (think Jack Nicholson, Sean Connery, Richard Harris, George Carlin, Bill Murray, but I kinda admire how they didn't give a flying f*** about balding. I tried to imagine these guys growing up today, with their heads shaved and pretty much none of these guys would look better bald. In fact they look more masculine by keeping their hair.

But these days people say it's "pathetic" and "clinging" to be visably balding and not to shave, but surely it's more confident than shaving your head because you're NW2.5 or have a bald spot? I know sometimes shaving is better - especially if your badly difuse thining - but often even balding guys still benefit from having some hair to frame the face.

I've got nothing against head shaving, but I think it's over-prescribed and I don't like how people act like every man HAS to shave once he's balding.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I've been watching a lot of old movies and comedies from the 70s/80s where actors didn't shave their heads to deal with male pattern baldness (think Jack Nicholson, Sean Connery, Richard Harris, George Carlin, Bill Murray, but I kinda admire how they didn't give a flying f*** about balding. I tried to imagine these guys growing up today, with their heads shaved and pretty much none of these guys would look better bald. In fact they look more masculine by keeping their hair.

But these days people say it's "pathetic" and "clinging" to be visably balding and not to shave, but surely it's more confident than shaving your head because you're NW2.5 or have a bald spot? I know sometimes shaving is better - especially if your badly difuse thining - but often even balding guys still benefit from having some hair to frame the face.

I've got nothing against head shaving, but I think it's over-prescribed and I don't like how people act like every man HAS to shave once he's balding.

Yeah, like in any other "culture" or "cult" there will be fanatics, there are some even shaving without having any kind or sign or hairloss, they just like it... You do you, if you feel you look better with what hair you have than just keep it, if not, shave it, or maybe trim it or buzz it, there always will be some sort of solution..

The argument behind this expression "shave it" is that there comes a point, especially for young people who are aggressively balding or even older man who think they look good with the hair they have left but in reality it just makes them look older and maybe sloppy, in most cases, when it gets to a point, it just looks worse than just being shaved, but this is a generality, it depends on every individual, there are a lot also who actually look better with some recession, maybe even more than that, like Jude Law for example, there are tons of people in the world who look like that, even if they are not famous and nobody can actually see them, that does not mean that they don't exist or something....

It is what it is, people are dumb and you can't change the herd of sheep, you can take or listen to an opinion but that does not mean that you have to actually follow it, especially coming from a bunch of internet strangers...

So as i said, you do you, if you are comfortable and feel better with what hair you have left, fuckem, they are not living your life just like you ain't living theirs...

Last edited:

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is 100% a preference thing... In Western culture tho, balding usually indicates a lack of courage to let go, of weakness to take a leap of faith. This is why a girl would rather hook up with a shaved guy rather than a dude who is balding. Also, attempts to cover it up only make it worse, which makes the balding guy look like he doesn't want to face the situation head on. It is unfortunate that you are either in this limbo, or you are forced to shave it off.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
shaved head looks way healthier and better then super thinning hair, on all my friends to shaved their head

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is no difference between "balding" and "bald" both look bad. choose whatever you want. I personally see no difference between balding and shaved head, I look at people with advanced balding and say they look like sh*t, and then I look at cueballs and say they look like sh*t, so no difference.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is no difference between "balding" and "bald" both look bad. choose whatever you want. I personally see no difference between balding and shaved head, I look at people with advanced balding and say they look like sh*t, and then I look at cueballs and say they look like sh*t, so no difference.

Thank "god" that in reality and not only, your opinion does not mean sh*t. And i wonder, what do you say when you see yourself in the mirror, show us a picture i would really like to see how a "real good looking man" with hair looks like

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Some hair is always better than no hair. This is a statement that I read from a wise poster on here a long time ago.

I would tell everyone who is Norwood 6 and lower to at least look into FUE and see if at least a thin frame is possible. A true Norwood 7, unfortunately, may not be possible, as these guys often have sides that have dropped too low, or just donor area that is too diffuse. I wish there was something that Norwood 7's can do but at the moment our technology just doesn't have a solution.

Nevertheless, It makes a big difference, no matter what the naysayers (who were never bald themselves) claim. So few people can pull off the fully shaved look, that I think such advice is pretty much universal.

LeeVanCleef

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is 100% a preference thing... In Western culture tho, balding usually indicates a lack of courage to let go, of weakness to take a leap of faith. This is why a girl would rather hook up with a shaved guy rather than a dude who is balding. Also, attempts to cover it up only make it worse, which makes the balding guy look like he doesn't want to face the situation head on. It is unfortunate that you are either in this limbo, or you are forced to shave it off.

Often it's not weakness though, maybe a guy just doesn't want a shaved head and would rather just make do with what he's got (of course if you're aggressively balding, your options are limited - but for most guys baldness is gradual). As long as you're not hiding anything surely it's a more confident mindset, as it shows you're not ashamed of your hairloss. To me it seems more self-assured than a guy who shaves his head every other day to stop his male pattern baldness hair pattern show through. I agree it's a preference thing though...some guys just like a cleaner look which is fair enough, but when I see guys shaving when they're barely nw3 I wonder if guys are throwing the towel in too soon due to the expectation to shave.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
me, just shaved my head again (I go through bouts every year or so) and instantly wished I didnt. Anyone who says it makes you look younger is a god damn liar. Id say it added 5 years to my age.

Shaving your head is just another version of a wig or comb over. Youre not doing it because you WANT TO, you are doing it because you HAVE TO and women can tell.

I f*****g hate having a shaved head. I hate having thinning hair........ there really is no win unless you have a million bucks for a good transplant or are over 6-1 and can pull off a shaved head better.

why would a girl hook up with either. you are creating a "gun to the head" situation. A girl would find a good hair guy to "hook up with" or go home alone. They arent desperate for sex like men.

Thank "god" that in reality and not only, your opinion does not mean sh*t. And i wonder, what do you say when you see yourself in the mirror, show us a picture i would really like to see how a "real good looking man" with hair looks like

no hes right, shaved heads look like sh*t 90% of the time. they reek of desperation and covering up.

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe guys who shave there head just don't want to think about their hair but having to shave 2 times a week sort off makes them think about it.
Myself being a Norwood 2.5 maybe 3 at 40,i can honestly say never once has it crossed my mind to shave even though I hate the recession but I do have excellent density...... That said who knows what the future holds.
But to answer you question balding looks better than bald imo

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
me, just shaved my head again (I go through bouts every year or so) and instantly wished I didnt. Anyone who says it makes you look younger is a god damn liar. Id say it added 5 years to my age.

Shaving your head is just another version of a wig or comb over. Youre not doing it because you WANT TO, you are doing it because you HAVE TO and women can tell.

I f*****g hate having a shaved head. I hate having thinning hair........ there really is no win unless you have a million bucks for a good transplant or are over 6-1 and can pull off a shaved head better.

why would a girl hook up with either. you are creating a "gun to the head" situation. A girl would find a good hair guy to "hook up with" or go home alone. They arent desperate for sex like men.

no hes right, shaved heads look like sh*t 90% of the time. they reek of desperation and covering up.

Lmao dude no need for a mental breakdown, you can have your opinion, nobody cares about it anyways, just like mine, no worries you can believe what you want we don't have to agree, we have different lives anyways

LeeVanCleef

My Regimen
Reaction score
What triggered this thought was seeing a pic of Bill Murray and his son who share the same pattern of recession.

Here's Bill Murray in his 30s: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iGOXCX7bC...APsU/GoxlSdWEs5M/s1600/BillMurray-Stripes.gif and here's his son who's now in his 30s who shaves his head: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-J94Mk_C-c...E/S51jRiLx4eo/s1600/9-20-2015+10-10-14+AM.jpg.

At the same age both have almost an identical hairline, but on first glance his son looks much, much further down the norwood scale due to shaving, while Bill Murray here would only look mildly balding to most people. It makes me realise that too many people (including myself in the past) buckle at the point where hairloss becomes noticeable and shave too early, partly out of frustration (it is liberating at first to shave), but I also think there's an all or nothing mindset put out in society that makes guys think that they must either have perfect hair or man up and shave if they're balding....hence the endless posts from nw2's saying "is it time?".

So yeah, I think unless you're really far gone, it's always worth trying to find a hairstyle that suits your receding/thin hair instead of shaving just because it's the done thing these days.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What triggered this thought was seeing a pic of Bill Murray and his son who share the same pattern of recession.

Here's Bill Murray in his 30s: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iGOXCX7bC...APsU/GoxlSdWEs5M/s1600/BillMurray-Stripes.gif and here's his son who's now in his 30s who shaves his head: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-J94Mk_C-ciw/Vf6-VtYv0bI/AAAAAAACSKE/S51jRiLx4eo/s1600/9-20-2015+10-10-14+AM.jpg.

At the same age both have almost an identical hairline, but on first glance his son looks much, much further down the norwood scale due to shaving, while Bill Murray here would only look mildly balding to most people. It makes me realise that too many people (including myself in the past) buckle at the point where hairloss becomes noticeable and shave too early, partly out of frustration (it is liberating at first to shave), but I also think there's an all or nothing mindset put out in society that makes guys think that they must either have perfect hair or man up and shave if they're balding....hence the endless posts from nw2's saying "is it time?".

So yeah, I think unless you're really far gone, it's always worth trying to find a hairstyle that suits your receding/thin hair instead of shaving just because it's the done thing these days.

It's important to feel comfortable, you do you as i said, if you feel like keeping it or shaving it it's only your choice, you don't actually have to go with the herd...

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just go on reddit/bald and see all the guys that shave, vast majority of them look like sh*t, and I never said I look good, I don't look good at all, never claimed to be. doesn't mean I can't judge other looks.

you go on reddit/bald and you only see bunch of bald guys complimenting each other on how good they look bald, but the sad truth is that there are no females on that subreddit that give those comments or compliments, only balding and other bald guys trying to make each other feel better, the sub is delusional and far from reality, I'd also bet my life that the vast majority of them are single or barely gets any bed action if at all.

only a several few of them still look decent+ because they have masculine good looking faces, but 95% of them look like sh*t and that's enough to show shaving doesn't make you look better, now if it makes you feel better that's another thing. but when it comes to attractiveness there is really no different between advanced balding and shaving, it's the same sh*t.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What an incel lmao. Not everybody has your sad pathetic life buddy that's the only truth and even if you think that most of them are good looking or not, single and miserable just like you are, that does not mean that it's actually true. That being said, you can believe what makes you feel better, you know how it is but don't fool yourself in thinking that it's actually true or that anybody else except you give a f*** about your opinion, ideology or mentality, and that is valid for me also...

With hair or no hair, good looking or not, that shitty vain personality and narcissism of yours is not gonna help you anyways and in the end, whatever others do or what lives they are gonna have, nothing is gonna change yours and that's all that matters in the end...

The fact that most of you are so triggered about that subreddit bald is because you can't stand positivity, in any way or form, most of you are just vain narcissistic virgin incels who masturbate 20 times a day and fill forums with your bitterness and hate, shitty life experiences and most of you will do anything to drag more and more people into that miserable life and mentality of yours, just because most of you think that if you feel that way, the rest should feel it also and if they dare to not feel the same, it means that it must be something wrong with them, when in reality, things are the other way around, it's just your mental illnesses who are not letting most of you see it...

Misery likes company and nothing is gonna change that, just like you or your lives won't change either until you change your mentalities, perspectives of life and so on, but for the majority this won't happen because of your mental illnesses that a lot of you have even if you don't admit them, because of the echoing of your own misery all over the place and the many others reasons that exist...

Remember that whatever you will do or say, nobody gives a f***, in the time you cry on forums people are living their lives, from ugly to beautiful, from bald to fullheaded and so on, the only ones in disadvantage are you...

photo-2020-05-29-23-12-59.jpg

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro I don't even read your paragraphs, you don't learn do you. don't bother replying to me I really don't read your replies beyond the first few words because it's the same thing over and over again, save yourself time and don't even type all this crap.

it's beyond me how bored you are to keep writing all these scrolls over and over again. you're literally one of the most active users on this forum, you don't stay out of this place even for a moment, for someone who keeps calling everyone a basement dweller, it seems to me you're the biggest basement dweller out of all of us.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro I don't even read your paragraphs, you don't learn do you. don't bother replying to me I really don't read your replies beyond the first few words because it's the same thing over and over again, save yourself time and don't even type all this crap.

it's beyond me how bored you are to keep writing all these scrolls over and over again. you're literally one of the most active users on this forum, you don't stay out of this place even for a moment, for someone who keeps calling everyone a basement dweller, it seems to me you're the biggest basement dweller out of all of us.

Lmao, yeah you are right about that, i have to admit that since this quarantine i have spent way more time online than i should, but at least i work in the same time and make some money while i'm at it so yeah. But as i came the same way i will go and some of you miserable fucks will still be here echoing the same sh*t over and over again for many many years to come..

And speaking of saying the same things over and over again, unfortunately for you our post history is public and anyone can see it and they can draw their own conclusions, it's really amazing how you tell me that i write the same things when you don't even read it in the first place and second of all, imagine saying that and having your post history, 567 messages of literally the same thing and message over and over again... Besides the fact that most of you can't read or write more than 2 lines so yeah, keep thinking that i'm be really offended that an incel does not read my messages or says that they are to long...

Just lol, but yeah, what makes you feel better incel, there is no way with your kind anyways so it's useless, no worries i won't disturb your misery from now on, carry on

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you don't even know the meaning of incel, it's been misused forever now and you're just like a monkey see monkey do, and misuse the word as well. go learn what incel means.

incel is literally a short of involuntary (IN) celibate (CEL), incel.
dumbass. it's been misused on men who hate women. but it's far from it.

and yes, you've been saying that you're gonna stop being so much on this forum for awhile now, I don't see that happening.

and I maybe be saying the the same things often, but at least my replies are not 5 long paragraphs that I keep typing over and over again.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bla bla bla yeah whatever who gives a f***, your still an incel, you just won't admit it but it's understandable. And wtf are you counting my time on the forum, i have close to nothing compare to the ones that roam it and call it their home for years and years, who tf gives a f***, it has nothing to do the fact that whoever roams the forums and for whatever reasons, the most of you are just a pathetic bunch of sad useless and whining losers and most of you think that you have some right in telling people what to think or how things are just because your deluded minds are telling you that. f*** off, it's a free and public space and regardless of how many of you want to control it by spreading your misery and mental illnesses all over the place, it won't happen anyways so keep whining nobody gives a f*** anyways

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"I don't give a f*** about what incel is but you're still an incel!"

you have the mentality of a 12 years old

and for someone who keeps saying he doesn't give a f*** 10 times a post, you sure do not follow your words because you clearly give a load of fucks considering how you keep writing 5 paragraphs to each one of us every *single* time.