Anyone consider chopping it all off!

CanadianCutie

Reaction score
i'm so depressed i feel like shaving my head and just wearing a wig...i've seen human hair wigs and they don't look so bad. also for some reason i have the idea that if i shave my head my hair will grow back thicker again and stop falling. anyways if i shave my head at least i won't see anymore hair in the shower.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, I've thought if it get so thin that strangers notice, I'll chop it off, but not shave it. Just get it very, very short. Never had real short hair in my live. Hope I don't have to go ther now.

As far as a theraputic shaving of your head, I've been told it does not restore haiir. It's gonna come back, or it ain't ... shaving won't make it happen faster. :roll:

Maxine

Reaction score
I keep cutting my hair shorter and shorter and it doesn't seem to grow...especially in the front around the hair line. It's thin and frizzy especially at the ends and looks awful! I've been told that this is typical of long-term female pattern hairloss.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Maxine,

How long have you been using Minoxidil 2%? You could try Minoxidil 5%. A lot of women do use it. I tried it for about a month or two, and decided not to continue at that time because my scalp was so f----ed up. Noticed no other adverse effects, but decided to use Folligen only. Also, decided I didn't wan to have to use it forever.

I think the major drawback is in women it tends to be absorbed in the system, causing facial hair. I wonder if alternating 2% and 5% would lessen that effect? :hairy: