Anyone been on treatment 15+ years who is in their 60's/70's?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Google is your friend
It's almost like the guy is an actor and his hair changes for roles. It's literally impossible that he got that quality of work done in the 90s. The vast majority of the celebrities' that have perfect hair as they age are just using world-class hair pieces.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's almost like the guy is an actor and his hair changes for roles. It's literally impossible that he got that quality of work done in the 90s. The vast majority of the celebrities' that have perfect hair as they age are just using world-class hair pieces.
That pic was from when he was playing a heart throb Doctor in ER. Highly doubt they would've made him shave his hairline to give it a receded appearance.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 51. Have classic male pattern baldness developing. It's mainly on the back/top flat spot, you can see it only looking from the back. And losing in the typical side area too. I've come to just accept it (so far) as just something that goes along with aging. But now I'm kicking around the idea of, well, I shampoo everyday, seems like not a big deal to add a squirt of 5% Minoxidil Foam after showering to stop further loss.

So my question is, for people who have done this long term, like 15+ years who are now in their 60's or 70's, was it worth it to you? Because from what I understand once you get that old, it doesn't work as well. And, at any age, once you stop using it, your head will return to the state of baldness it would have been in normally at that age?

So it seems to me, if say you started taking it when you are 50, then stopped at 65, people would notice a significant change in your hair (or lack thereof) over a short period. Wouldn't it be better to just gradually lose it rather than postpone it then let it happen quickly or do people stay on this until even later in life? It is sort of like the hair coloring. If you stop using it later, then you like turn gray practically overnight.

@DoctorHouse will be able to provide you with his opinion since he still dyes his hair full colour, on treatment for decades and a similar age group. He's maintained his hair quite well over those years.

I am almost a couple of decades younger than you but you raise a topic which I have thought about too. I think if you respond to treatment well in the beginning, you will continue to maintain indefinitely so that shouldn't be a problem. Those who lose hair later were already slowly losing it on medication. A NW1 later in life looks perfectly normal and cool, no need to quit meds. I have seen no deterioration in 7 years and I know I will be a thickish Norwood 1 into old age which brings me onto your next point. Colouring forever is dumb in my opinion, agree with ya, doesn't matter how good you look/slightly young, at a certain point you have to transition from full colour for the sake of interactions/career/social media. I would say maximum mid 50s for even the guys with a nice hairline, tan and masculine face/facial hair ( illusion of some youth ) -they should incorporate some greys in their mid 50s too. You don't need to worry about going totally grey overnight man, you can use a "touch of grey" dye for a natural uniform mixed salt and pepper look. For other guys with weaker hair/skin/combovers, should stop dying at 35 period or not even begin. It never looks right.

You don't want to end up like this as an older guy unless you're a celebrity or rocker, you're asking the right questions so I'm sure you'll know when to adapt your style.

1614784232316.png

1614784487262.png

Better to be like this without a combover and some grey, look like an attractive older guy who takes care of himself, embracing aging but still into grooming and many women will still dig you. Like Clooney basically.

1614784389043.png

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Donald trump wears a wig that flys off in the wind lol
Obviously if you have Brad Pitt, George Clooney genes and things start to go south in your late 60’s(as I’m sure they will) why not get a cheeky transplant, but the idea of a 70 year old NW5 rubbing minoxidil and RU on on his scalp for breakfast with a durasteride chaser is a joke.

I think the next generation or two of 60 somethings will not be like the current ones and will care more. Not only that but there is nothing wrong with taking pride in your appearance at any age! Just have to tailor your expectations at that age and that it's more about you than for validation from younger people. A nicely maintained body, relatively youthful haircut, clothes with a bit of grey hair can make a man look slightly younger and attractive. But yes, definitely there should be more to your life at that age but that goes for any age in my opinion.