Anybody Try Raloxifene For Hair Growth?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
No not enough time to fully write something off, but I am saying it can be enough time to gauge if something is having an affect on your hair

Possibly. I think when we are losing our hair we are so paranoid about keeping what is there and scared that we are over analyzing everything and making assumptions about products which is why the hair loss field online is schizophrenic. One day one product is a miracle, the next it is thinning people's hair. So it is difficult to get good information.

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Raloxifene is much smoother, although it tends to give me leg cramps. Alongside orally, I attempted to use it topically dissolved in DMSO as well, but that didn't turn out to be as simple as I'd hoped, at least not when making it from a pill with fillers. It would seem to need some kind of special formulation to work topically anyway (probably due to the molecular mass).
I have 6 grams of powder raws of Ralox. 99% purity, no fillers.
Are you aware of anything other than DMSO to dissolve it for topical use?

And a question for the whole class - would topical use of Ralox even make sense or does it really need to be systemic?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

And a question for the whole class - would topical use of Ralox even make sense or does it really need to be systemic?

It should in theory work topically. I have tried making a topical from the pills but it was awful. I don't know if you can dissolve it in anything other than DMSO, there aren't enough studies on solubility to know for sure.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

whered you get it from? ppl?

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes the topical makes sense. Raloxifene doesn't need to be metabolized, it seems to act directly on the receptors. There's isn't much info about topical raloxifene though. I could only find one study:

"Experimental design and optimization of raloxifene hydrochloride loaded nanotransfersomes for transdermal application"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4168883/

The article is mostly about their nanotransfersome vehicle but they had two other vehicles as baselines, ethanol+PBS and a liposomal vehicle. So ethanol should work for you. The liposomal vehicle seems less practical at home.
ethanol and PBS (40:60, by volume)
The drug-loaded liposomal formulation used as control for transdermal flux was prepared using the method described by Touitou et al.18

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One more transdermal raloxifene using ethanol. Looks like you might want DMSO some anyway as a penetration enhancer

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/raloxifene
https://www.particlesciences.com/docs/Micellar_Nanoparticles-Applications_for_Topical.pdf

An MNP-based raloxifene formulation was prepared at 3% w/w of raloxifene base. The inactive ingredients were ethanol, benzyl alcohol, soybean oil, poloxamer 188, and water.
A control formulation was prepared at the same drug loading using 50% w/w ethanol in 4% w/w hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC) aqueous gel.

There was no recorded transdermal drug transportation across the skin with the control formulation (gel) up through 48 h – even though the formulation contained 50% w/w ethanol. The MNP formulation produced significant passive transdermal drug flux and showed a linear dose–response (MNP IIa and IIb) relationship at two doses

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Retinoid @michel sapin @Maave
U guys ever tried microdose ralox with potent topical or oral AA for long term?+1
I've been on 100mg bicalutamide + 60mg raloxifene for 4 months and I'm going to continue. The bicalutamide is definitely helping my hairline. I'm waiting longer to report about the gyno. I have mild chest sensitivity but no visible growth. I'm considering going up to 90mg raloxifene.

I think a milder regimen would be good for most guys. Like topical bicalutamide or low dose bica (25mg?) with 15-30mg raloxifene if gyno symptoms appear. Or simply finasteride/dutasteride if you get gyno symptoms but no other side effects, paired with 15-30mg raloxifene.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been on 100mg bicalutamide + 60mg raloxifene for 4 months and I'm going to continue. The bicalutamide is definitely helping my hairline. I'm waiting longer to report about the gyno. I have mild chest sensitivity but no visible growth. I'm considering going up to 90mg raloxifene.

I think a milder regimen would be good for most guys. Like topical bicalutamide or low dose bica (25mg?) with 15-30mg raloxifene if gyno symptoms appear. Or simply finasteride/dutasteride if you get gyno symptoms but no other side effects, paired with 15-30mg raloxifene.
Why dont go for duta + bica?
Are you planning to use ralox long term (years)?

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why dont go for duta + bica?
Are you planning to use ralox long term (years)?
That would work too. You can certainly pair fina/duta with bica, either oral or topical.

Yeah I'm going to use it as long as I can. If it fails and I get gyno surgery then I'll drop it. Otherwise I'll continue using 2+ years

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That would work too. You can certainly pair fina/duta with bica, either oral or topical.

Yeah I'm going to use it as long as I can. If it fails and I get gyno surgery then I'll drop it. Otherwise I'll continue using 2+ years
What about long term ralox issues?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I took my first ralox dose yesterday (half pill; 30 mg) as I noticed a slight bit of puffiness. I had the strangest and most vivid dreams last night but it could have just been a coincidence. I'd like to go even lower, to 15 mg of ralox, per day. Has anyone had success with such a low dose? @Maave , I saw your suggestion for 15 mg for very mild gyno cases...I believe I'm in that category.

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took my first ralox dose yesterday (half pill; 30 mg) as I noticed a slight bit of puffiness. I had the strangest and most vivid dreams last night but it could have just been a coincidence. I'd like to go even lower, to 15 mg of ralox, per day. Has anyone had success with such a low dose? @Maave , I saw your suggestion for 15 mg for very mild gyno cases...I believe I'm in that category.
Let us know how it goes and if you need more. What's your current regimen that causes gyno signs?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes and if you need more. What's your current regimen that causes gyno signs?
It's the estrogen. Using it topically/transdermally. Blood levels were on par with a menstruating woman.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes the topical makes sense. Raloxifene doesn't need to be metabolized, it seems to act directly on the receptors. There's isn't much info about topical raloxifene though. I could only find one study:

"Experimental design and optimization of raloxifene hydrochloride loaded nanotransfersomes for transdermal application"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4168883/

The article is mostly about their nanotransfersome vehicle but they had two other vehicles as baselines, ethanol+PBS and a liposomal vehicle. So ethanol should work for you. The liposomal vehicle seems less practical at home.
Would it in theory be possible make a topical out of raloxifene since it doenst need to be metabolized? Would it work directly and locally on the breast tissue?

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I the only one that notices that ralox is not detrimental to hair. In fact if anything it might help. I read one paper indicating that it has activity agonist activity at ER-beta in a tissue relevant to hair (I think this was dermal papillae cultures, but would need to find this paper again to be sure).