Anybody Here Heard Of Or Used Laser Comb Or High Frequency Violet Ray Comb?

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read lots of positive feedback and somewhat proven results in single hair's thickness and hair folliciles structure after usage of those combs for 8+ weeks

It also helps/cures dandruff and oily hair and since i have seborheic dermatitis, thought about giving it a shot

Was wondering if any of you used it for long perods of time?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought one of the purple ray rakes a long time ago. The electric arcs it made felt worse than microneedling and could really turn your scalp red. Did not stop hair loss though. I'll post a pic of it here soon. It's a curious device.

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Laser combs are pretty much useless. If you're gonna go the laser route, get a helmet with a lot of diodes. But don't expect much growth. It may give some thickness and heal some scalp maladies. Also could slow down loss.
Ray devises are good for circulation. I use one and it really makes the area of the scalp it's used on red. That's increased blood flow. The comb attachments are weak. Use the wand attachment. Once again, these are used more for scalp health.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Laser combs are pretty much useless. If you're gonna go the laser route, get a helmet with a lot of diodes. But don't expect much growth. It may give some thickness and heal some scalp maladies. Also could slow down loss.
Ray devises are good for circulation. I use one and it really makes the area of the scalp it's used on red. That's increased blood flow. The comb attachments are weak. Use the wand attachment. Once again, these are used more for scalp health.

I should try using the ray and microneedling, that might be interesting.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it before I was on anything (always the best way to check efficacy) as at that time there was a thread on here with a few volunteers. I knew I could trial it out for 16 weeks as my hair loss was slow. I can't remember exactly how many weeks I ended up doing it but at least a few months. I wouldn't say it did nothing - I noticed my hair was shinier and grew faster but the studies show it's a waste of time especially as a stand alone treatment. Also it's better for female hair loss. My hair grows fast anyway and I cut it monthly but the laser was resulting in this being accelerated, more annoying than anything but I guess it was feeding the follicles somehow. In the end the studies show it's better to nuke DHT with finasteride/dutasteride and then have some transplants if needed especially in early loss without much diffuse thinning, minimalist yet highly effective strategy.

If you're still not on finasteride, afraid to say you're in for a rough time and entirely at the mercy of your genetics.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the old days, these were the tools of desperation:

Master High Frequency Unit and palm vibrator for scalp massage. I'm going to donate them to the museum of hairloss in 2050.

image.jpeg

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought one of the purple ray rakes a long time ago. The electric arcs it made felt worse than microneedling and could really turn your scalp red. Did not stop hair loss though. I'll post a pic of it here soon. It's a curious device.
yeah, ive read loads of positive reviews of women tho, who confirmed after using violet ray device, they started having a layer of fluff hair around the rest follicles, so in some sense it can also cover up balding spots and add to volume at least

yeah, i have strong dandruff aka seborheic dermatitis, so i think this could be of help over all

I used it before I was on anything (always the best way to check efficacy) as at that time there was a thread on here with a few volunteers. I knew I could trial it out for 16 weeks as my hair loss was slow. I can't remember exactly how many weeks I ended up doing it but at least a few months. I wouldn't say it did nothing - I noticed my hair was shinier and grew faster but the studies show it's a waste of time especially as a stand alone treatment. Also it's better for female hair loss. My hair grows fast anyway and I cut it monthly but the laser was resulting in this being accelerated, more annoying than anything but I guess it was feeding the follicles somehow. In the end the studies show it's better to nuke DHT with finasteride/dutasteride and then have some transplants if needed especially in early loss without much diffuse thinning, minimalist yet highly effective strategy.

If you're still not on finasteride, afraid to say you're in for a rough time and entirely at the mercy of your genetics.
im not on finasteride still, trying to figure out if my hair loss can be due to inflamation of scap cuz i havent washed head for so long and seborheic dermatittis, i read that dermatitis causes hair loss even permanent, so im thinking if to give this treatment a shot

well if the hair growth was accelerated in ur case it means it indeed did work and improved blood circulation and growth

In the old days, these were the tools of desperation:

Master High Frequency Unit and palm vibrator for scalp massage. I'm going to donate them to the museum of hairloss in 2050.

View attachment 107708

hah, that indeed looks lke somethin for museum

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
im not on finasteride still, trying to figure out if my hair loss can be due to inflamation of scap cuz i havent washed head for so long and seborheic dermatittis, i read that dermatitis causes hair loss even permanent, so im thinking if to give this treatment a shot

well if the hair growth was accelerated in ur case it means it indeed did work and improved blood circulation and growth

If you have a receding hairline (I think you were Norwood 2.5), it's definitely male pattern baldness. Go see a derm. You probably have male pattern baldness and dermatitis together, it happens and yes it can make hair loss worse or the hair appear quite bad. Wash your hair daily and a few times a week with a anti fungal shampoo, you haven't even tried step 1 yet. There are stronger prescription shampoos as well.

You should get on finasteride (as repeated thousands of times to you on here by others) while you only have a moderate receding hairline and are not diffuse - once you lose a lot of hair you'll feel like total crap and there usually is no way back to aesthetic hair.

May be the laser did help me but cosmetically it was probably only doing 0.5% if that, same for when I tried castor oil. It's not worth it to me to waste my time. The hair loss prevention treatment which is doing ALL the work is Finasteride so I keep it simple since I'm happy with maintaining my hair and I get complemented on it. I derma roll on/off though for years because I think keeping the scalp fibrosis and calcification at bay plays a big role in maintenance - without finasteride it's pathetic on it's own which you should know. I do it monthly but blocking DHT is the best way to prevent the follicles calcifying and fibrosis.

That's another thing to remember, the later you leave treating it with the number 1 drug, the more random treatments you'll add which take up more of your time physically, you'll think about them more too, may they'll do next to nothing as well - emotional and financial investments will occupy you as well as seeing yourself in the mirror.

Don't mean to scare you but you need a wake up call for action! If you have serious hair loss genetics, then all the follicles have a predetermined set of cycles to go through before DHT begins to miniaturise them.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have a receding hairline (I think you were Norwood 2.5), it's definitely male pattern baldness. Go see a derm. You probably have male pattern baldness and dermatitis together, it happens and yes it can make hair loss worse or the hair appear quite bad. Wash your hair daily and a few times a week with a anti fungal shampoo, you haven't even tried step 1 yet. There are stronger prescription shampoos as well.

You should get on finasteride (as repeated thousands of times to you on here by others) while you only have a moderate receding hairline and are not diffuse - once you lose a lot of hair you'll feel like total crap and there usually is no way back to aesthetic hair.

May be the laser did help me but cosmetically it was probably only doing 0.5% if that, same for when I tried castor oil. It's not worth it to me to waste my time. The hair loss prevention treatment which is doing ALL the work is Finasteride so I keep it simple since I'm happy with maintaining my hair and I get complemented on it. I derma roll on/off though for years because I think keeping the scalp fibrosis and calcification at bay plays a big role in maintenance - without finasteride it's pathetic on it's own which you should know. I do it monthly but blocking DHT is the best way to prevent the follicles calcifying and fibrosis.

That's another thing to remember, the later you leave treating it with the number 1 drug, the more random treatments you'll add which take up more of your time physically, you'll think about them more too, may they'll do next to nothing as well - emotional and financial investments will occupy you as well as seeing yourself in the mirror.

Don't mean to scare you but you need a wake up call for action! If you have serious hair loss genetics, then all the follicles have a predetermined set of cycles to go through before DHT begins to miniaturise them.
yea, man, i get what u r saying, and i am already diffusing, and yeah, that wouldnt make much sense that my hair loss is from dermatitis, cuz it wouldnt be in pattern and hair on the back of my head would fall out as well cuz theres lots of dandruff, so im coping i guess

also worst part is i dont have balding genetics, my father has started losing hair rapidly only after ~62 yo

just scared of finasteride, if to buy propecia, it costs quite much for my local european wages and what if it will cause shed, then u r left in the dark wondering what the f*** to do, for some people shed didnt stop and just made things worse

plus what if i get ed, then what

sh*t is complicated, f*** hair loss

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Any sides with the big three?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
yea, man, i get what u r saying, and i am already diffusing, and yeah, that wouldnt make much sense that my hair loss is from dermatitis, cuz it wouldnt be in pattern and hair on the back of my head would fall out as well cuz theres lots of dandruff, so im coping i guess

also worst part is i dont have balding genetics, my father has started losing hair rapidly only after ~62 yo

just scared of finasteride, if to buy propecia, it costs quite much for my local european wages and what if it will cause shed, then u r left in the dark wondering what the f*** to do, for some people shed didnt stop and just made things worse

plus what if i get ed, then what

sh*t is complicated, f*** hair loss

You need to do some reading and also see a Doctor for mental health as others suggested. finasteride sides are temp, nothing to lose by trying, everything to gain (keep hair long term). Sheds you can ride through and usually happens on minoxidil not finasteride. Order it online if you can't afford it, it's cheap. Also split 5mg pills into 5 or even more, still has a similar effect.

Any sides with the big three?

I don't use Minoxidil but zero sides on finasteride.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read lots of positive feedback and somewhat proven results in single hair's thickness and hair folliciles structure after usage of those combs for 8+ weeks

It also helps/cures dandruff and oily hair and since i have seborheic dermatitis, thought about giving it a shot

Was wondering if any of you used it for long perods of time?

It's snake oil/a scam/a waste of money.