Any Specialties Taken While Sleeping With Your Piece On?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been wearing bandanas and du-rags, but I've heard satin caps are the way to go.

What do you guys do, if anything?

Any absolute no-nos?

Noah

Reaction score
Yeah, silk pillow cases definitely do make a difference, plus they give your bedroom a nice brothely ambiance.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to have silk bedroom things - just slimmery and annoying.

Silk bonnet or haircap sounds right to me?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't decidedly if I've damaged my hair system while sleeping, by sleeping alone. I rip it off while sleeping without knowing it if something isn't on it!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
With very long hair, I kept it in a ponytail. With short hair, no precautions. My sheets are all "Royal Sateen" from Costco, with a relatively high thread count. Other than that, nothing. I have no issues with shedding.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried silk/satin, didn't help me because I sleep with my arms over my forehead. also have dandruff, itchy scalp. I would wake up sometimes with the piece rolled up on itself, messy glued hair...

I have been using a nylon cap , just like the ones you find in a wig- hair supply shop.
https://www.ebay.com/c/710149685

very cheap but super effective. Keeps hair piece in place, keeps hairstyle in shape. easily can scratch my scalp and the cap does fall off at night. ( I had tried nets, like the ones used by restaurant staff, but that would not hold through the night)
I wear mine over the ears ( more comfortable for me) as opposed to image.

very brotherly look ( wink Noah ...)

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
ROFL, I've tried a du-rag too. It's light and breathable, but I always find they ride up & off my head during sleep (I'm a very aggressive sleeper!)

I'm going to try a satin bonnet type thing next...

Satin pillow cases are impossible. I remember a girl who had a satin bed - it was very sexy to the eye but stupidly slippery

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried silk/satin, didn't help me because I sleep with my arms over my forehead. also have dandruff, itchy scalp. I would wake up sometimes with the piece rolled up on itself, messy glued hair...

I have been using a nylon cap , just like the ones you find in a wig- hair supply shop.
https://www.ebay.com/c/710149685

very cheap but super effective. Keeps hair piece in place, keeps hairstyle in shape. easily can scratch my scalp and the cap does fall off at night. ( I had tried nets, like the ones used by restaurant staff, but that would not hold through the night)
I wear mine over the ears ( more comfortable for me) as opposed to image.

very brotherly look ( wink Noah ...)

Very brotherly indeed!