Any Results with Lipogaine as a Hair Loss Treatment?

Billygekko

Reaction score
The results seem very impressive. Has anyone done this for a while with good results. I was pondering about starting this regimen but worried about side effects and or wasting money. Does the body form a tolerance to minoxidil after one year requiring higher doses? I am also very active in sports & bodybuilding. Would minoxidil be beneficial or detrimental to sport performance..taxing heart, problems with veins/bloodflow?

I've been using Lipogaine for almost 2 years, had great results the first 6 months after going through a big 1-2 month shed, then I stopped using Lipogaine altogether and lost all the hair that I regrew with Lipogaine. I started using Lipogaine in hope to regrow hair again but it seems like it lost its effectiveness. If you do decide to get on minoxidil, just know that it's a life long process, if you stop using it, you will also lose your hair.
As for athletic performance, I didn't notice any sides from min when I was using it, I was hitting the gym pretty regularly and had no problem gaining strength.

raogadam123

Reaction score
yes I had been using Lipogaine since 3 months and my hair loss has stopped with new baby hairs, just a few hairs in the shower. You have to continue for at least 3 months or more, in some cases it make 6 months to see results.
Have faith..

- - - Updated - - -

Lipogaine is good, you have to use for at least 3 to 6 months to see results, there will be initial shedding but dot worry, that's a sign the product is working

JonnyKid

Reaction score
I have used Lipogaine, Revita and Regenepure for an extended period of time
and for me, (may be different for different people) I have found that Regenepure left my hair
feeling thicker and I like the smell and lather better than the other two. I liked Revita a lot as
that was the first product I used 6 years ago or more but they changed their formulation and
it did not leave my hair feeling the same way and I started seeing more hairs in the drain. I stopped
using that product pretty soon thereafter.
I think Lipogaine is way too drying for my hair as I have normal to dry hair. I also did not like the way
it lathered. Plus it does not have a good reputation with some of the hair loss vets I follow.
Regenepure made made my hair look the best. On some occasions my scalp gets too dry I use Avalon Biotin
conditioner . I have tried Regenepures Biotin conditioner but it's a bit pricy. Other than
that, Regenepure is my winner. My hairline hasn't changed and I definitely feel better about
the control that I have with my hair loss. Let's not even discuss Nizoral. Johnson and Johnson product
no better than head and shoulders!

OnCollinsAve

Reaction score
I have used Lipogaine, Revita and Regenepure for an extended period of time
and for me, (may be different for different people) I have found that Regenepure left my hair
feeling thicker and I like the smell and lather better than the other two. I liked Revita a lot as
that was the first product I used 6 years ago or more but they changed their formulation and
it did not leave my hair feeling the same way and I started seeing more hairs in the drain. I stopped
using that product pretty soon thereafter.
I think Lipogaine is way too drying for my hair as I have normal to dry hair. I also did not like the way
it lathered. Plus it does not have a good reputation with some of the hair loss vets I follow.
Regenepure made made my hair look the best. On some occasions my scalp gets too dry I use Avalon Biotin
conditioner . I have tried Regenepures Biotin conditioner but it's a bit pricy. Other than
that, Regenepure is my winner. My hairline hasn't changed and I definitely feel better about
the control that I have with my hair loss. Let's not even discuss Nizoral. Johnson and Johnson product
no better than head and shoulders!

Hey JonnyKid - I have been hearing a lot of people using Lipogaine and Regenepure. Does the combination make your scalp too dry? Do you see a difference in your dandruff if you have? Would you recommend using an anti-dandruff conditioner with this as well to relieve dryness?

JonnyKid

Reaction score
There is no need to use both. Why would anyone do that??? Lipogaine did dey my hair more than Regenepure.
Both products have Ketoconazole and that controls dandruff. I dont
have a dandruff issues but I know that's one of Ketos main function like Nizoral.
I use Avalon conditioner but also started using Regenepures Biotin Conditioner as it made my hair softer but still
keeps it full. Using the conditioner go rid of all dryness but conditioners are good. Avalon is cheaper but doesn't
have all the other added ingredients that the other has. Hope this helps!

cbtrc

Reaction score
I think Lipogaine still has azelic acid, but now it called Azetinol, to hide it from FDA
I think it's a myth Lipogaine wants some of us to believe. FDA aren't so dumb that they couldn't take a sample of Lipogaine and test it for presence of Azelaic Acid.
There is no more azelaic acid in Lipogaine. Period.

hopper

Reaction score
I used both Lipogaine and Regenepure, I prefer Lipogaine over regenepure. Regenepure makes my hair lifeless. I can´t use the shampoo by itself. I have to use a conditioner. On the other end, Lipogaine shampoo is 2 in 1 formula. It works very well without any conditioner.

Fsury

Reaction score
Started Lipogaine minoxidil on Nov 12 and now on Dec 5 I'm already seeing tiny bits of progress in my hairline. I know, kind of not believable. I've always been a very good responder to minoxidil, previously had been on Rogaine and most recently Kirklands (stupidly stopped on 8/11/15 for 3 months and lost almost all gains), but Lipogaine definitely seems to have an extra punch and has seemed to quickly impact/resuscitate my follicles.

This early in the process it's obviously hard to tell anything definitively(still going through a shed) but little things like the fact I've already grown sideburns this quickly using it (I can't grow them without minoxidil and it's never happened this fast to my recollection), my eyelashes have gotten longer/more dense something I had never noticed using any other minoxidil. I haven't applied it to my eyelashes, but you know minoxidil tends to get everywhere somehow.

I was hesitant to make this post (besides that I've never posted) because you never want to speak too soon, but I partly did so because of the "research" I did on Lipogaine before starting it. Message board posts/first person reviews (save Amazon, which is amazon) led me to conclude this stuff was possibly to more than likely snake oil ever since they took that Azealic out. I decided to try it solely based on trusting the hairlossforsteroids guy. My immediate impression is that it works better, but I'll hold off on that definitive statement.

Like I said, I've always been a good responder but I really think Lipogaine is legit. Expensive as **** but worth it if I continue to see this progress. Very happy thus far.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
sounds like your working for lipogaine and am pushing the product.

Started Lipogaine minoxidil on Nov 12 and now on Dec 5 I'm already seeing tiny bits of progress in my hairline. I know, kind of not believable. I've always been a very good responder to minoxidil, previously had been on Rogaine and most recently Kirklands (stupidly stopped on 8/11/15 for 3 months and lost almost all gains), but Lipogaine definitely seems to have an extra punch and has seemed to quickly impact/resuscitate my follicles.

This early in the process it's obviously hard to tell anything definitively(still going through a shed) but little things like the fact I've already grown sideburns this quickly using it (I can't grow them without minoxidil and it's never happened this fast to my recollection), my eyelashes have gotten longer/more dense something I had never noticed using any other minoxidil. I haven't applied it to my eyelashes, but you know minoxidil tends to get everywhere somehow.

I was hesitant to make this post (besides that I've never posted) because you never want to speak too soon, but I partly did so because of the "research" I did on Lipogaine before starting it. Message board posts/first person reviews (save Amazon, which is amazon) led me to conclude this stuff was possibly to more than likely snake oil ever since they took that Azealic out. I decided to try it solely based on trusting the hairlossforsteroids guy. My immediate impression is that it works better, but I'll hold off on that definitive statement.

Like I said, I've always been a good responder but I really think Lipogaine is legit. Expensive as **** but worth it if I continue to see this progress. Very happy thus far.

Fsury

Reaction score
I'm not, but thanks for the misleading input. It's this kind of mindless **** that makes it impossible for guys to know who is real/telling the truth on these boards. Sure did for me. Lipogaine is working well for me thus far, all I was saying

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
one post user posting on a forum praising a controversial product will ALWAYS be viewed with suspicion.

I'm not, but thanks for the misleading input. It's this kind of mindless **** that makes it impossible for guys to know who is real/telling the truth on these boards. Sure did for me. Lipogaine is working well for me thus far, all I was saying

Fsury

Reaction score
1 month update: this stuff is doing ****ing work. Been using 4 ml 1x nightly. This may seem like a lot and probably is, but I have always applied minoxidil this way. Rogaine and kirklands. I actually have a good amount of hair and "healthy" hair, just a receding hairline/big forehead and I had been losing density for years. I apply it pretty much all over because I can afford the possibly bigger initial shed that may occur because I can hide it with the rest the hair. Personally, I see no reason to not strengthen every follicle on my head.

Anyways, moving on to my present situation with Lipogaine. Hairline is peppered with new follicles. Follicles that are dark, this isn't minoxidil peach fuzz in my opinion. I mean, it is but it isn't, the follicles look darker and hopefully stronger. Sideburns (which I cannot grow unless I use a form of minoxidil) look very good. Eyelashes are longer, which actually has enhanced my appearance a lot I think. I cannot seem to find anywhere online where people have experienced the eyelash "side effect". My conclusion is just that this stuff is so potent, and dries so fast that Im maybe not able to wash it all off my hands. I mean they feel clean, but minoxidil(from what I've read is only ingredient in Lipogaine that can even grow eyelashes) is definitely touching my eyelids at some point. Maybe my pillow. Idk I'm not too worried about it, like I said, eyes look good. Thrilled so far.

Comparing it to my last minoxidil that I had been using in Kirklands, the major difference I've noticed is the lack of itching/flaking. Kirklands always had my scalp looking flaky and as a result it would itch. I have yet to notice any itch or flaking on lipogaine. Both brands are very effective at growing hair for me. But the difference in price has been justified to me, thus far.

As far as the rest of my regimen right now I'm using a dermaroller 1.0mm once per week and I also stimulate my scalp with a Darsonval violet ray comb prior to every minoxidil treatment. I feel these two scalp stimuli actions really help with the absorption of any of my topical hairloss treatments. Using Pura D'or anti-hairloss shampoo (2x day) and P'ura D'or scalp healing conditioner(1x day). No finasteride/dutasteride.

Anyways, been super stoked looking at the progress I can see in the mirror and wanted to just share my excitement and report that it is still working for me.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 month update: this stuff is doing ****ing work. Been using 4 ml 1x nightly. This may seem like a lot and probably is, but I have always applied minoxidil this way. Rogaine and kirklands. I actually have a good amount of hair and "healthy" hair, just a receding hairline/big forehead and I had been losing density for years. I apply it pretty much all over because I can afford the possibly bigger initial shed that may occur because I can hide it with the rest the hair. Personally, I see no reason to not strengthen every follicle on my head.

Anyways, moving on to my present situation with Lipogaine. Hairline is peppered with new follicles. Follicles that are dark, this isn't minoxidil peach fuzz in my opinion. I mean, it is but it isn't, the follicles look darker and hopefully stronger. Sideburns (which I cannot grow unless I use a form of minoxidil) look very good. Eyelashes are longer, which actually has enhanced my appearance a lot I think. I cannot seem to find anywhere online where people have experienced the eyelash "side effect". My conclusion is just that this stuff is so potent, and dries so fast that Im maybe not able to wash it all off my hands. I mean they feel clean, but minoxidil(from what I've read is only ingredient in Lipogaine that can even grow eyelashes) is definitely touching my eyelids at some point. Maybe my pillow. Idk I'm not too worried about it, like I said, eyes look good. Thrilled so far.

Comparing it to my last minoxidil that I had been using in Kirklands, the major difference I've noticed is the lack of itching/flaking. Kirklands always had my scalp looking flaky and as a result it would itch. I have yet to notice any itch or flaking on lipogaine. Both brands are very effective at growing hair for me. But the difference in price has been justified to me, thus far.

As far as the rest of my regimen right now I'm using a dermaroller 1.0mm once per week and I also stimulate my scalp with a Darsonval violet ray comb prior to every minoxidil treatment. I feel these two scalp stimuli actions really help with the absorption of any of my topical hairloss treatments. Using Pura D'or anti-hairloss shampoo (2x day) and P'ura D'or scalp healing conditioner(1x day). No finasteride/dutasteride.

Anyways, been super stoked looking at the progress I can see in the mirror and wanted to just share my excitement and report that it is still working for me.

Are you using a Lipogaine with Minoxidil?

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought I'd give this a try. Using it for about 6 weeks now. So far I can't see a difference over my regular cheap generic minoxidil.
I'm also using RU tho. So maybe if lipogaine does help to inhibit dht in the scalp. I'm not seeing the difference cause the RU is already working.