any reported bald-related suicide in history?

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard about anyone who had killed himself because he couldnt watch himself loosing more hair?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Funny you mention this which reminds me, what the hell happened to tynanw!? Haven't heard from him in weeks.

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
lmao....THAT was funny. But the thread itself is no joke. Even mental instability and its effects are triggerred by certain events which most certainly could include being completely shunned because you are losing your hair way before you should. THis is probably the most likely scenerio for many kids in high school. There have certaily been some threads on here about that very same topic. Scary stuff!!

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I agree, it is a serious issue. In fact, I wouldn't be that surprised if someone were to do so because of male pattern baldness. Especially at younger ages because it can be so emotionally scaring.

THFC

Reaction score
there was a thread on hairlosshelp.com, there was some guy who killed himself in part dew to his hairloss, and his sister came on to post a message about it, this was sometime ago, she just wrote a message saying thanks to the website and the peoples help on the website, that her brother appreciated it, n so on...but anyways ..so the answer is yes to the original question...and yes its a mental instability, and yes its not a joke.....but anyways there you go

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
thylax said:
has anyone heard about anyone who had killed himself because he couldnt watch himself loosing more hair?

May be, I will be the first :cry:
THFC said:
there was a thread on hairlosshelp.com, there was some guy who killed himself in part dew to his hairloss, and his sister came on to post a message about it, this was sometime ago, she just wrote a message saying thanks to the website and the peoples help on the website, that her brother appreciated it, n so on...but anyways ..so the answer is yes to the original question...and yes its a mental instability, and yes its not a joke.....but anyways there you go

Ok, may be the second

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it could happen fellas,

if the person loses hair very rapidly and gets unexpected things in life such as denails by his g/f or friends because his bald, this can happen :cry:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I believe there is a reason why sites like this one and the other ones rose up in the last 7 years. We're here to help you guys and provide a safe haven for you to vent.

We could all work harder on showing love for eachother and being less critical here. Its difficult to create an environment like that when you have a bunch of upset, stressed out people in a group ... but thank you to everyone who does their best to help. This is your community service.

HairLossTalk.com

latecomer

Established Member
Reaction score
Well said! If it wasn't for this site I know I for one would be in a more depressed state than I am.

Thanks to all the forum members past and presence! (now this is getting emotional! lol)

unluckystat

Reaction score
latecomer said:
Well said! If it wasn't for this site I know I for one would be in a more depressed state than I am.

Thanks to all the forum members past and presence! (now this is getting emotional! lol)

amen to that. I'm only 19 so I don't have any friends I can relate to or talk to about this but coming on this site gives me hope and makes me feel more accepting of my hairloss.

G

THFC said:

Yep, I read that a while ago. It was terrible.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=25116&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

soccerguy11

Reaction score
I completely understand why someone would kill themselves over this issue. It changes your identity. Hair was always my strongest point, people would always say "youre cute, you have such great hair", now that I don't have any, naturally it makes me feel like a worthless piece of sh*t.

Did i mention I'm only 20 f*****g years old? I have all my 20s to be depressed, this'll be a great decade!

BTW...girls are SUPPOSED to be superficial at this age. Both girls and guys are, its natural, we're young and want to hook up with the best looking people we can find. Don't blame girls for disliking bald 20 year olds. If I were a girl, I'd laugh at me too!

G

i can understand that someone kills hisself over hairloss. i was thinking about that too.

but i think most people who kill theirself kill theirself for even less reasons. like when they loose their girl-(boys) or boyfriend(girls). i think you shouldnt kill yourself when you loose your girl- or boyfriend. you can find a new one. but you dont get new hair again so easyly. so i would say it would be more of a reason to kill yourself because of hairloss than because of loosing your girl-/boyfriend.

G

You guys are f*****g crazy... the dude obviously had some other issues besides his hair, no one who's mentally sound DOES NOT kill himself b/c of hair loss. I see many bald guys around town every single day, and most of them look happy and pleased with themselves. Most importantly, I think they look good, not weird at all. I'd rather keep my hair but if I end up losing much more, out come the clippers and that's that. If someone wants to mock me or laugh at me because I don't have hair, f*** that, that's his/hers problem, not mine. I can laugh at people who have bad haircuts, stupid clothes or whatever. Or even better, I probably won't laugh at anyone 'cause I'm not that kinda person 8) . Anyway, my point is, don't let hairloss win. I know I won't.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I ever had gorgeous hair. I was a NW2 at 15. I think my hairline was lower in elementry school, though. I think I was a NW1 from birth. I thought about committing suicide many times, but it was always a night, when I was tired and had little to occupy me. You'd be amazed how much easier it is to be depressed when you are sleepy. It was not just about my hairloss though. I was about not ever being able to get a girlfriend. My hairloss was a big part of that, but I also have many big moles and excess body hair and big pores on my nose and a big scar on my forhead. Also, it seems like every college student around me smokes and drinks. If I look out the window at the pretty women, they are sun bathing, and that will make them wrinkly later. It is more difficult to meet women who don't sunbath because they are not outside where you can see them. What am I supposed to do? Go door to door? I like to walk in the park at night, or talk or dance, and most of my classmates seem to want to go to bars and get drunk if they can, or do it at parties if they are too young.

After being depressed many times and wondering what the difference is between depression and happiness, I started wondering if the reason I'm not depressed at work often is because I'm just being destracted from my depression. Unlike some people who are just depressed and don't know why, I know why I'm depressed. It is a combination of being deprived the basic joys of life, such a girlfriend, which all young people should have, and also realizing that no one seems to care about anyone else; they just hang around each other for their own benifit and think they care about each other.

CCS

Reaction score
I care about other people. But I think it is easy for people on this board to bond because we all have a common goal (fighting hair loss and depression), and we generally have a similar problem (hair loss and the people who reject us for it). But I've talked to many guys who complain that no one loves them, and then asked them a question to find out if they love other people. I asked some straight men who did not mind wrestling each other and sitting next to each other (they were all in decent shape and good friends), "if one of your friends here were the last gay man on earth, and was depressed because he did not have a partner, would you at least let him sit in your lap just so he could enjoy a little excitement, and not just burn with passion his whole life?" They all said no. Often people will come up with excusses like "it is wrong to be gay", but surprisingly, these guys did not drag their feet with excusses. They told me that friendship is about symbiosis, not sympathy. They elaborated further that all relationships are extremely selfish, and that that is how they are supposed to be. I was discusted but not surprised, since I'd already noticed that many people don't care about me or others. I'm guessing maybe 15% of people care about other people. I believe if there is someone you don't care about, then there is no one you do care about. Obviously if someone steals your car, you don't have to feel "love" for them. But given the opportunity to give that person excruciating pain the rest of his life, you should decline the opportunity since it was just a car. That is what I mean by love. A non-loving person has no limits and sees others as toys for their amuzement, but may not realize it now, and thinks he loves his friends and family, but behaves because his life is happy and he has other social influences. I picked the gay question because most people know it is socially acceptable to turn down a gay man, so they would be more likely to state their true beliefs if they did not care about him.