Any Other Partial Frontal System Wearers?

Logann

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been waiting to join the forum for a while now and am happy to see that it is now fixed! I have been wearing a frontal partial hair system for about two years now. I was between a Norwood 2-3 on the scale and my bio hair blends very well. I was curious if there are any other partial system wearers here on the forum? Feel free to reach out and I look forward to learning more and offering insight on systems!

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi logann, not a wearer yet but I'm in the exact same position in that I'm a Norwood 2.5 but a v type, would love to know the specs for your front hair system.
How much bio hair you shave and what not.
Been looking into this for the past 2 or 3 years but I always convince myself it looks OK which it sort of does but obviously it's only going to get worse and I think it's a better option than a transplant because the hair I have is very thick and I could never match that density with a transplant.
Regards Tony

Logann

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tony, it was the best choice I ever made and restored so much of my confidence. During the current time that we are in, if I were you, I would try it. Right now would be the best time to try it just in case you don’t like it. But I remember the first time I put it on, I knew there was no going back. You’ve been thinking on it for 2-3 years, it’s worth giving a try! Feel free to DM me and I’ll share the specs with you on my frontal partial.

jan2133

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Logann,

I'm actually in this situation. My hair overal is still quite good. It's just the templates which are moving away from my face. So a partial HP would be perfect for me, but there don't seem to be many people who wear partials.

How do you make the color of the hair match?

How often do you take it of and clean it? How often do you get maintance from a hairdresser or do you do everything by yourself?

Would you be willing to send me some photo's in PM please?

Thank you!

With kind regards,
Jan

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Logann,

I'm actually in this situation. My hair overal is still quite good. It's just the templates which are moving away from my face. So a partial HP would be perfect for me, but there don't seem to be many people who wear partials.

How do you make the color of the hair match?

How often do you take it of and clean it? How often do you get maintance from a hairdresser or do you do everything by yourself?

Would you be willing to send me some photo's in PM please?

Thank you!

With kind regards,
Jan

Hi Jan,

The only issue with dealing with temple recession, is that using a front partial to correct it, you will either need to shave back an existing hairline, or get two, small temple pieces (doable, but a major pain to maintain).

Chances are that if you have temple recession, your probably have some thinning in the front hairline, as well.

Something to think about.

You might want to try a different hairstyle to cover up the recession, instead.

Logann

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jan2133 I would send some photos if you PM me. I try and check things on here once a week, sorry for the delayed response. BaldBeared and Noah are the vets here and are very knowledgeable people to learn from with a lot of hair system experience. I believe I am somewhere between a Norwood 2-3 on the scale. I do shave the small area in the front to wear my partial piece. I first started with wearing a piece that went around my existing hair and filled in the recession. Essentially, I brought my hairline down a little bit in the front and filled in my recession. However, the thinner strip in the front was a little harder to deal with, so the person who helped me with all of this talked me into shaving that small area, making a little bit of a bigger template, and see how it works. Honestly, I prefer shaving the small bit in the front and wearing a frontal partial like that because the bigger template makes maintenance and clean up easier. I went to a salon at first, and now I pretty much do everything myself. The person who introduced me is now a really good friend and if I ever need help I know I can reach out to them. So it's definitely nice having that kind of support system there. However, don't be afraid to give it a try and to learn these things. Right now with the virus going on is the best time to try it if you've been thinking about it (if you can get your hands on hair lol). Feel free to PM me!

Blurred Hairlines

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Logann I'm in a similar position between NW2 and 3 and considering doing a frontal piece just because my temples are getting so thin.

Mind sending me some photos of your frontal piece? Also, do you wear an exposed hairlne? Thanks man! Happy you found a solution.

Allantint

Reaction score
Im in a similar position at the moment with my hair loss, I'm wondering if you could send me some photos, etc, of your frontal piece.

Ive been thinking about doing a full top or just a frontal piece for a while now.

fc8

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone! In a similar situation myself, and I'm really ready to take the next step and get a partial system. If you could PM me with the photo and details about where you get your system from, that would be so great @Logann . Highly appreciated it :)