Any other high school hair loss people here?

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll be going into ninth grade in a couple of weeks (I've been balding since beginning of eighth). Last year was bad enough, as it crushed what little confidence I had, but the thought of a bunch of new people is seriously freaking me out.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn bro, When I was balding in 10th/11th grade I hid it: with long hair.

If you can do the same I suggest it.

People tend to notice and make fun of it WAY more in high school. Ill be praying for ya buddy.

Cassin

Reaction score
I was once upon a time. Started in 11th grade.

My head was shaved on the sides and back...past my shoulders on top back then.

lol

kaplanphilsnake8we.jpg

Like that....

lol

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
Chemical J said:
Damn bro, When I was balding in 10th/11th grade I hid it: with long hair.

If you can do the same I suggest it.

People tend to notice and make fun of it WAY more in high school. Ill be praying for ya buddy.

Thanks man. Good luck with your regimen.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I started losing around my sophomore year.

It is a pretty hard thing to accept it at that age so I would recommend doing what you can to hide it..... hair loss concealors can help a lot... check out Toppik and dermatch.

Also get on a topical regimen for now, until you are 18. When you are 18 you can get on Propecia to help slow or stop the hair loss.

Pick up some Nizoral 1% shampoo at a local pharmacy.. it is cheap and helps fight Male Pattern Baldness.. Use it 3 times per week. There are topical treatments such as Rogaine, which can help but do not get to the root of the problem, you can get generic minoxidil cheap at Costco...maybe worth it to add it to your regimen.

Topical DHT inhibitors such as spironolactone and revivogen would be worth looking into. I would recommend topical spironolactone.. you can get it at minoxidil.com

You have to fight this topically since you do not want to mess with your hormones at such a young age.

You are lucky because a cure may be close at hand... do good in school so that you can get into a good college and then get a good job so that you can pay for whatever future treatments will be available!

G

Cassin said:
I was once upon a time. Started in 11th grade.

My head was shaved on the sides and back...past my shoulders on top back then.

lol

kaplanphilsnake8we.jpg

Like that....

lol

Phil Anselmo is one of the guys who looks better shaved than with hair. And no, I don't think I started losing my hair at high school but a couple of year after it, when I was 22 or so.

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
blueshard said:
I started losing around my sophomore year.

It is a pretty hard thing to accept it at that age so I would recommend doing what you can to hide it..... hair loss concealors can help a lot... check out Toppik and dermatch.

Also get on a topical regimen for now, until you are 18. When you are 18 you can get on Propecia to help slow or stop the hair loss.

Pick up some Nizoral 1% shampoo at a local pharmacy.. it is cheap and helps fight Male Pattern Baldness.. Use it 3 times per week. There are topical treatments such as Rogaine, which can help but do not get to the root of the problem, you can get generic minoxidil cheap at Costco...maybe worth it to add it to your regimen.

Topical DHT inhibitors such as spironolactone and revivogen would be worth looking into. I would recommend topical spironolactone.. you can get it at minoxidil.com

You have to fight this topically since you do not want to mess with your hormones at such a young age.

You are lucky because a cure may be close at hand... do good in school so that you can get into a good college and then get a good job so that you can pay for whatever future treatments will be available!

Thanks for the advice. My parents are in strong denial about all of this so once I save up enough I'll get generic minoxidil. Revivogen's probably out of the question though...

Nizoral is anti-inflammatory and anti-dandruff, and also slightly anti-dht, right? I'm trying topical green tea right now, which, so far, seems to be doing all of those things already. But if not, I'll definitely try Nizoral as well.

jedimindtricks

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you sure your balding?

Maybe its just a cowlick that your seeing and thats spazzing you out. I though I was balding for a long time, but all I have is a cowlick, which they do sorta of look like bald spot.

Show some pics and maybe the veteran members can do a solid assesment of your hair and what treatments you need to do. I dont believe I am balding as of yet, but I am trying to prevent it. Thus my regimine looks like this.

Revita Shampoo: 1-2 times per week ( I shampoo so little because I have dry curly hair and I need sebum and oil buildup or my hair is crazy dry)

Phytobaulm conditioner: in the off days when my hair is feeling dry

Omega 3 6 9: twice a day, one in the morning, one in the evening

Zinc tablets:Once a day

Multivitamins:Once a day

SoyMilk: Once a day

Pomegranate juice: Once a day

Salads: 2-3 times a day. They include soy nuts, walnut, tomatoes, flax seeds, and light on the dressing

No Sodas/Choclates/ or candy/Junk food: They lead to insulin resistance

If you aren't balding that badly or just started, a good diet and excersise can go a long way. Revita Shampoo will help too greatly. I am 18 by the way

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm quite sure I'm balding. Unless you're supposed to lose ~30,000 hairs at random times during your life.

And my regimen seems to be working; in any case, I can't get Propecia for years, so the best things I could add right now are Nizoral and minoxidil, neither of which will really fix the problem. I'm just trying to make it as slow as possible. So far I've pretty much eliminated all inflammation and dandruff, and I'm losing virtually 0 hairs when I'm washing my hair, and I'm taking those as good signs. And again, I'm trying to add minoxidil as soon as I can.

jedimindtricks

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
either of you if you have male pattern baldness and use that regime that you listed, it does nothing

oh, its jummyhendricks, they guy who asks advice if he is balding, then says he is not, yet has how many posts here???, and asks about every regiem under the sun... enough said

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... sc&start=0

Well didnt we come to the conclusion that I'm Not? I have asked extremely intelligent posters such as Michael Barry, and I am just going by what he said. I am asking about every regime because I want to be well prepared when and if I do start balding. Thanks Though

Reaction score
yeah my hair started thinning in 8th/9th grade and became noticible last year (junior year). it really does suck especially having girls play with your hair and mention youre balding. however in high school its not a big enough deal for girls to think youre less attractive. since ive started losing my hair ive actually gotten way more girls because i took accutane for a couple months and ive been working out.

At your age you should get some nizoral 1% and look to start propecia in a year or two since your hairloss cant be THAT bad yet.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think that the rate at which you lose it (ie: the aggressiveness of the m.p.b) is more important than when you start to lose it.
I've seen many guys on here who claim that they started at 17 and yet are only like nw3 in their 30's.

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
yes at 16, noticed very slight recession...18 now and its a lot worse but im hanging on and gonna start propecia soon. takes the piss though, i mean you can expect to lose your hair in you 30s or maybe slightly earlier, but in your teens?! what the hell.

by the way i got a good cut the other day that gives me a better looking hairline, the woman sort of shortened the middle of my fringe, the area that would hang down further than the temples and make you look receeding, and left the sides of the fringe a bit longer. it might sound quite stupid but it looks quite good.

bubka

Reaction score
not that i have been to barber / cosmology school, but i am pretty sure they take classes or at least lessons on how to cut male pattern baldness hair so it looks decent