I started out with 5mg and after a week my body started getting stiff, my heartbeat was faint, wanted to throw up, and was dizzy. I stopped for those reasons and let my body go back to normal. A couple weeks later I tried 2.5mg and after a little over two weeks I felt sick again like before. I stopped again and let everything go back to normal. The last time I tried was a dose of 0.5mg and that seemed fine for about a month or a little more. One day I was walking to the movie theater and realized that I was struggling a little to breath but nothing at all major. I just decided to stop with oral minoxidil and would advise anyone to give 0.25mg a chance before anything higher. This drug does have an effect on blood pressure, heart, etc. Everyone is different and one drug doesn’t affect everyone the same.
So you mean you were a non responder to minoxidil? Now that you added microneedling your getting slightly visible results at the 2 month mark? I just want to make sure I understand. Tretinoin 0.1% might be way too much. I think the usual dosage for hair to avoid vitamin A overdosed follicles, skin irritation, and increased sulta1a for better minoxidil efficacy is tretinoin 0.01% - 0.025%. Retinol might be good at 0.1% because it has to go through a three stage conversion process before being converted to retinoic acid or generic tretinoin. Only a small amount of retinol turns into retinoic acid. At least that’s what the stuff I have been reading claims.