Any Interest In This Kind Of Genetic Analysis?

abcdefg

Reaction score
I am interested in candidate genes and their association with male pattern baldness. But mostly I would like to know molecular genetics of baldness. esp how androgens cause hair miniaturisation and other related disease like heart and prostrate ailments.
Also like to know if physiotherapatic approach could cure or slow Down baldness. Any help is available just contact me.

How androgens cause miniaturization, and why hair becomes sensitive to androgens are the million dollar questions. Probably not easy answers though.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
How androgens cause miniaturization, and why hair becomes sensitive to androgens are the million dollar questions. Probably not easy answers though.
My guess is androgens acts on arrector pilli muscles and atrophy it through androgen receptor initiated processes. Arrector pilli muscles has recently found to be crucial for hair growth. They connect epithelium to the hair bulb . once they severed ,regrowth of that follicle is not possible. Arrector pilli muscles plays a big role in supplying of stem cells to the hair follicle. Once AP dies and adipose tissue takes its place and chokes the follicle then there is no stem cells which can differentiate into keratinocytes which gives rise to actual hair.
Maintaining arrector pilli muscle would be aright strategy. How to maintain it is million dollars question.

Last edited: